------

• • indoor water park "Plopsaqua"
    -- cost: €16 million
    -- construction starts in december

------

• • hotel
    -- construction begins late 2013, expected to take 16 months

The hotel's courtyard:

And finally, where all of this will be located in the park. The park's entrance plaza:

sources: fan meeting / http://www.plopsafansite.be / http://www.pretparkkriebels.be

Edited by BDG

• 2 weeks later...

new for 2013

A new area, themed to Vicky the Viking, with:

• - Zamperla Disk'O Coaster
    - Mack Interactive Boat Ride (aka Splash Battle)
    - new restaurant

Area:

148877_505294772816462_1118000852_n.jpg

420983_505294789483127_1560077104_n.jpg

561898_505294816149791_1455972959_n.jpg

Disk'O Coaster:

375936_505294706149802_228084976_n.jpg

Splash Battle:

22520_505294796149793_712466871_n.jpg

534704_505294736149799_928414474_n.jpg

Edited by BDG

• 6 months later...

Some new pictures of the construction of the "Wickie Zone" and the new "Plopsa Theater". Opening is scheduled for July.

"Wickie The Battle" (splashbattle - Mack Rides) and a new shop in the background

The construction for the mountain around "De Grote Golf" (Disc'o Coaster - Zamperla)

New restaurant

Theater

Theater

(Pictures made on the 1st of May - http://plopsafansite.be/Nieuws/2013-05-01/nieuwtjes-in-plopsaland-de-panne-1-mei-2013/)

• 2 weeks later...

A small update with an overview of the new themed land:

Thanks to Plopsa Facebook!

First Disk'o Coaster in Belgium (if you don't count one on the Belgian fairs if it still traveled around). I wonder how the locals will react to this ride. It all looks pretty now and it isn't even finished yet .

keep investing Plopsa! I wonder when TPR is going to visit the park (probably after 2015-2016 because of the new rumors of a new roller coaster)

We really want to do like a 'B' parks of Europe trip at some point. There are a TON of medium sized parks like this that we just can't hit with limited time and parks like Europa, Heide, Phantasia, etc. on a normal Europe trip.

We really want to do like a 'B' parks of Europe trip at some point. There are a TON of medium sized parks like this that we just can't hit with limited time and parks like Europa, Heide, Phantasia, etc. on a normal Europe trip.

Pretty understandable. Belgium for instance isn't a 'themepark-walhalla' for foreign people, but I hope that's gonna change. Walibi Belgium for instance is highly renovating the last 3 years and hopefully they build a new ride in 2015. Plopsa is the fastest growing park in the country and they said they will build a new coaster in the upcoming years (and their new hotel/waterpark *wink wink*).

Hopefully, by the time of 2020, Belgium will be much more interesting for a 're-visit' for TPR. I hope I can meet up with you guys then .

Sorry for going offtopic -> Back to Plopsa: next Saturday there is a site visit at the new Wicky zone and the new Theater. I will post pictures if they are online (I'm not going, but I know some people who will).

The Disc'o Coaster had its first test this weekend by the way. It will go much faster and spin much more in future tests:

i would totally be in for a 'B' parks Europe trip. I really love visiting the 'smaller' parks on TPR trips and a 'B' park trip would be really 'my type of trip'. And Plopsaland is really the better park in Belgium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of yesterday. Wickieland (the new area with the disc'o and the splash battle) will open on the 1st of July, the brand new Plopsa Theater the 15th of July (with the Plopsa-classic "Samson & Gert Zomershow"):

Wickieland

Plopsa Theater

Pictures from: http://plopsafansite.be/Nieuws/2013-06-14/nieuwtjes-in-plopsaland-de-panne-14-juni-2013/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One more (less serious though) incident for amusement parks this week end: Plopsaland's starflyer stranded 22 people 30 meters in the air today. Roxflyer is the second ride of the group to strand people, last time was Plosa Coo's MegaMindy héad stranded people for ... 3,5 hours !

• 2 months later...

The construction for Plopsaqua, the swimming pool at Plopsaland De Panne, has started. Plopsaqua will be build next to the Plopsa Theater (that opened this year), at the entrance of the park. The water park will open late 2014, begin 2015.

Pictures: PlopsaFansite

And there is also some new artwork by Plopsa:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...