TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Sally Corp. has sent us a press release regarding the successful debut of Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D at Warner Bros. Movie World.

Sally Corporation's new, action-packed interactive dark ride, Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D, was unveiled on September 22 at Warner Bros. Movie World, on Australia's Gold Coast, bringing the world's most famous super heroes to life...battling alongside park guests in an epic fight to defeat one of the most feared villains in the DC Universe. A large crowd waited in line for the much-anticipated opening, excitedly participating in the epic battle. Adjectives such as "awesome," and "fantastic" were soon flying.

The Sally team worked closely with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, to create this dynamic adventure featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl in a fight to save Earth from destruction. They are aided by the amazing Cyborg who recruits guests for the volunteer force and demonstrates how to defeat the alien spores that are attacking citizens in cities throughout the world.

Almost two years in production, the ride features state-of-the-art animatronics and 3D video technology, together with numerous special effects. The five minute ride incorporates eight huge 3D screens, twenty custom vehicles equipped with special laser optical blasters, a dramatic custom musical score, numerous animatronic citizens whom riders must fight to save from the alien spores' evil mind control, and culminates in a dramatic struggle between Superman and the evil villain, in which riders play a decisive role.

The exterior of the 2,000 square meter building is themed as the Hall of Justice. As they enter, visitors are immediately immersed in the story of the alien attack via a "live" newscast anchored by Vicki Vale, who urges viewers to take shelter at Justice League embassies worldwide, and to

help defend Earth against the alien threat.

Passing through a high-tech scanning device into the pre-show area, guests discover the impressive animatronic Cyborg in his test lab, and Batman beaming in from the Justice League Watchtower Command Center, in orbit around the Earth. Once aboard their custom tactical assault vehicles, riders are teleported into the dark streets of Gotham City and join the Justice League in an epic battle. Scores are recorded on in-car consoles.

"Our goal was to create a ride based on the Justice League heroes that could be a fun and exciting experience not only for hardcore fans of the franchise, but also those not so familiar with the characters," says Sally Corporation CEO John Wood. "There's a lot of action and interaction throughout the ride, and you're immersed in the experience. There are full-scale three-dimensional sets, scenery, animatronics and special effects throughout, and blended into the city streets and spaceship interiors are high-definition CGI animated sets and characters...allowing us to take the action to new heights."

Tim Fisher, chief executive officer of Village Roadshow Theme Parks, owner of Warner Bros. Movie World, says, "Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D is the perfect fit for this park as it combines the hugely popular DC Entertainment Justice League franchise with a ride jam-packed with action and 3D thrills the whole family will love."

To create this one-of-a-kind dark ride, Sally Corporation pulled together an experienced team including Threshold Animation Studios, Alterface, Techni-Lux, RealD, Bose, Bertazzon, Wyatt Design Group, and Sculpt Studios (Australia), among others.

1815925528_Loadarea7.thumb.jpg.8e7ae804e750458077fa4744ab49a414.jpg

1629699390_BatmanampCyborg870.thumb.JPG.edba765852bb47c29af4ced7fd04de83.JPG

STop!130.thumb.JPG.c75455f35563376fb162803e7e842b3b.JPG

Everything I've seen from this ride looks pretty awesome! As others have said, this is exactly what the park needed. Great job from Sally / Movie World. Was sorry to have just missed out on its opening this year. Oh well, hope forward to visiting sometime again in future.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys

I am heading to the Gold Coast for the first time and want to visit Movie World and am just wondering about queue times this time of year. I know nothing about the season in the Gold Coast but know that the kids are not off school so it should be OK.

Any help would be great.

Also is anyone familiar with the deal they have on right now for the Superpass?

Hey guys

I am heading to the Gold Coast for the first time and want to visit Movie World and am just wondering about queue times this time of year. I know nothing about the season in the Gold Coast but know that the kids are not off school so it should be OK.

Any help would be great.

Also is anyone familiar with the deal they have on right now for the Superpass?

The latest ticketing deal is on www.themeparks.com.au

In terms of crowds, should be fairly quiet so youll get plenty of rides in.

• 3 months later...

A new concept is being considered at movie World.

Personally I think it looks totally awesome, but I'm not sure it would be worth the price tag it is likely to have.

At this time the ride is a concept only

The Doomsday tower is a possible new attraction for Movie World

This world-first ride would be built at Warner Bros. Movie World and would be the world’s tallest ride tower with a height of 145m. This ride experience would feature a low speed setting perfect for those who want to get a bird’s eye view of the Gold Coast. The ride would also feature a high speed setting to get hearts racing for thrill seekers.

On the low speed setting, the ride would travel slowly up and down the tower and then rotate slowly at the top of the tower, while on the high speed setting it would zoom to the top of the tower then spin at a high speed.

Riders would be seated in one of three gondolas which each feature twelve seats. Riders sit in individual seats where their legs hang free and they are secured by a chest harness. A height restriction of 110cm would apply for safety reasons.

During the day the ride would operate in both “scenic” mode and “thrill seeker” mode at pre-designated times.

Source

That as a good catch... I think you are right about it being Intamin. Anyone have a video of that ride to show how fast the gondola's spin? Depending on the speed, the centrifugal force could make it feel like you are going to come out the seat. Also with the arms extending you out from the tower it just tormenting riders. I agree, I am loving the evolution of these tower rides.

That as a good catch... I think you are right about it being Intamin. Anyone have a video of that ride to show how fast the gondola's spin? Depending on the speed, the centrifugal force could make it feel like you are going to come out the seat. Also with the arms extending you out from the tower it just tormenting riders. I agree, I am loving the evolution of these tower rides.

I've been on it, and while it was fun, it wasn't that intense.

They could easily add some speed to it though, if they want to, especially if they are going to run it at different speeds.

The ride is in Malaysia, and here's a video: Youtube

Funnily enough I, along with other Australian enthusiasts, have very mixed feelings about the ride. It'd be expensive, and the cost could go towards multiple smaller spinning flatrides, something Movieworld needs. Also Movieworld is a very small park and something that tall would totally dominate it and really look quite ridiculous, especially next to Superman Escape.

The park still has a shred of atmosphere left and I'd really prefer it retained that by not adding a ridiculously huge tower ride. Now I'd be all for a standard 200ft star flyer, that'd be fantastic - take up the same amount of room while fitting in with the park - but I'm really not sure about this.

Funnily enough I, along with other Australian enthusiasts, have very mixed feelings about the ride. It'd be expensive, and the cost could go towards multiple smaller spinning flatrides, something Movieworld needs. Also Movieworld is a very small park and something that tall would totally dominate it and really look quite ridiculous, especially next to Superman Escape.

The park still has a shred of atmosphere left and I'd really prefer it retained that by not adding a ridiculously huge tower ride. Now I'd be all for a standard 200ft star flyer, that'd be fantastic - take up the same amount of room while fitting in with the park - but I'm really not sure about this.

Count me as one Aussie enthusiast whose is totally for this ride - looks like a good use of what is currently useless space and at 475ft tall will definitely be a record breaker! Unlike Tower of Terror this doesn't appear to be a one-shot gimmick and should give a decent ride on thrill and 'scenic' modes. The park has long since abandoned the 'movie studio' theme for comic-book thrills so this will fit right in with that. At any rate, good to see WVTP continuing to invest in their parks - especially when the best Dreamworld can do is a haunt maze.