TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

^^ Good point, I just find it funny they've all opened within a year of TPR's trip here.

More info released:

Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D will be a Sally Corporation Interactive Shooting Dark Ride and will cost in excess of $9 million. Riders will board a transportation pod where they will be given a laser blaster and a pair of 3D glasses. The ride will involve them using their laser blaster to shoot at 250 evil alien spores. Riders earn points for shooting the aliens with scores shown on a leaderboard at the completion of the ride. The 20 themed cars will be guided along a 200-metre (660 ft) track. Eight 3D screens and 16 animatronic characters will complete the ride. Characters such as Batman and Superman will be involved in the attraction.

Sounds awesome, and I'm very happy that it is being manufactured by Sally Corp.

• 1 month later...

Sally Corporation has sent us a press release regarding their latest project, Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D, coming to Warner Bros. Movie World in September!

Sally Corporation's new, action-packed interactive dark ride, Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D, set to open in September at Warner Bros. Movie World, on Australia's Gold Coast, will bring the world's most famous super heroes to life...battling alongside park guests in an epic fight to defeat one of the most feared villains in the DC Universe.

Created in cooperation with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, this dynamic adventure features Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl in a fight to save Earth from destruction. They are aided by the amazing Cyborg who recruits guests for the volunteer force and demonstrates how to defeat the alien spores that are attacking citizens in cities throughout the world.

Featuring a mix of state-of-the-art animatronics and 3D video technology, together with numerous special effects, the five minute ride incorporates eight huge 3D screens, twenty custom vehicles equipped with special laser optical blasters, a dramatic custom musical score, numerous animatronic citizens whom riders must fight to save from the alien spores' evil mind control, and culminates in a dramatic struggle between Superman and the evil villain, in which riders play a decisive role.

The exterior of the 2,000 square meter building is themed as the Hall of Justice. As they enter, visitors are immediately immersed in the story of the alien attack via a "live" newscast anchored by Vicki Vale, who urges viewers to take shelter at Justice League embassies worldwide, and to help defend Earth against the alien threat.

Passing through a high-tech scanning device into the pre-show area, guests discover the impressive animatronic Cyborg in his test lab, and Batman beaming in from the Justice League Watchtower Command Center, in orbit around the Earth. Once aboard their custom tactical assault vehicles, riders are teleported into the dark streets of Gotham City and join the Justice League in an epic battle. Scores are recorded on in-car consoles.

"Our goal was to create a ride based on the Justice League heroes that could be a fun and exciting experience not only for hardcore fans of the franchise, but also those not so familiar with the characters," says Sally Corporation CEO John Wood. "There's a lot of action and interaction throughout the ride, and you're immersed in the experience. There are full-scale three-dimensional sets, scenery, animatronics and special effects throughout, and blended into the city streets and spaceship interiors are high-definition CGI animated sets and characters...allowing us to take the action to new heights."

Tim Fisher, chief executive officer of Village Roadshow Theme Parks, owner of Warner Bros. Movie World, says, "Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D is the perfect fit for this park as it combines the hugely popular DC Entertainment Justice League franchise with a ride jam-packed with action and 3D thrills the whole family will love."

To create this one-of-a-kind dark ride, Sally Corporation pulled together an experienced team including Threshold Animation Studios, Alterface, Techni-Lux, RealD, Bose, Bertazzon, MSI Design, Inc. and Sculpt Studios (Australia), among others.

253086445_JL_LogoApproved.thumb.jpg.cb94df5e76177fdaafe8dbae9df595e7.jpg

This sounds very cool, but why hasn't another dark ride like Hershey's Extreme Cup Challenge (a dark shooting ride with spinning and roller coaster-like track) been built?

^Then you clearly haven't been on a lot of shooting dark rides... I can think of at least ten offhand that are more thrilling than the Hershey's Extreme Cup Challenge... Eleven if you count ducking under a blanket and making laser sounds on your own.

Toy Story Midway Mania is about eighty-four times better than Reese's. Buzz Lightyear is much better even though I suck at it. Heck, Scooby Doo at Kings Dominion is a better ride, and that one isn't even very good. I'm pretty sure those are the only other three I've even been on, and they're all leaps above Reese's.

Eleven if you count ducking under a blanket and making laser sounds on your own.

Yeah this sounds about right.

^^Touche.

The storyline may not be the best, but the "ride" is definitely the most exciting of the shoot-em-ups that I've done, followed by Men in Black.

Am I seeing things? "Followed by Men in Black"? Well, to each his own.

Is this the ride system that Sally's been showing at IAAPA? It sounds like just the ride that Movie World needs.

I'm not talking about anything other than the hills and drops and spinning on Reese's compared to the monospeed, flat track of all the other shoot-em-ups. I don't understand how you could argue that a well-themed interactive dark ride with the latter style of track could be more exciting than a well-themed interactive dark ride with the former. But to each his own.

I'm not talking about anything other than the hills and drops and spinning on Reese's compared to the monospeed, flat track of all the other shoot-em-ups. I don't understand how you could argue that a well-themed interactive dark ride with the latter style of track could be more exciting than a well-themed interactive dark ride with the former. But to each his own.

I don't hate Hershey's ride, but having that ride system just so people can shoot at plywood cutouts is like driving a Ferrari around a strip-mall parking lot.

Besides, can you shoot your opponents on the Hershey Cup Challenge and make them spin out of control? I think not! Now if you could shoot the "sportscasters" and make their heads explode, that would be something.

Meanwhile, it sounds like Movie World might be getting a world-class shooter.

Edited by cfc

• 1 month later...

I did manage to get on today. I personally loved it! but there was the odd bug (Guns not working ect.) but it was nothing they cant fix. the theming was great (me being a DC nerd shooting through Metropolis was a big highlight) I cant say what its like compared to other 3D interactive rides but I can leave that to other humans who have done those rides. overall it was a nice addition to the park and something for all ages.

Posted by the parks Facebook page

"It’s official you will be able to join in the ultimate battle between good and evil on Justice League 3D The Ride THIS WEEKEND! Starro The Conqueror awaits you...

"

For anyone that remembers riding the Batman simulator that window and the walls were apart of the old Wayne Manor and has now gone from being wood to marble.

And this from Sally's Facebook page as the facade was finishing up

Once again those might remember that use to be the facade to the Wayne Manor, a huge improvement.

A review, with photos can be found here p://www.parkz.com.au/article/2012/09/21/301-Justice_League_3D_launches_at_Movie_World.html

The park is now looking gearing up towards Halloween and has begun releasing videos about an outbreak and potential overrun of Zombies at the theme park for Fright Nights.

They have also been out in park with "decontamination teams" and scanning people and telling them how to survive the walking dead as part of the advertising leading up to the event.

I've managed to get on this, still having the odd glitch, but it's a great ride! Really high quality theming and animatronics, and the mixture of real targets and 3D game screens is really cool. This is the theming in the Load Area, and the same standard continues through the ride. No cardboard cutouts or blacklight theming along the course, it's all realistic 3d facades...The city scenes kinda reminded me of the ones in MiB or Spidey

http://www.parkz.com.au/photo_update/general/2012/09/0921-1_Justice_League_IMG_3913.jpg

Spoilers:

So you enter into the hall of justice, really glossy and marbled. A few portable generators with satelite poles and TV screens, as well as some safety barricades have been set up inside, playing news broadcasts that Starro Spores (Starfish looking aliens that attach to your face and take control of your mind) are swarming down to earth and infecting cities throughout the earth. Uninfected citizens are advised to go to their nearest Justice League embassy for shelter.

From the hall of justice you move into a lab area, but first you pass through a scanner which scans you for infection: "Robot lady voice: scan complete, no infection detected". Theres also a camera and a big projector screen which shows something like a heat scan of the people queueing as they pass through the scanner.

The queue leads to the load area, where batman is communicating on a giant screen from the Justice League watchtower space station. He explains the starro spores can be destroyed by a laser blast, and that he has created vehicles for citzens to patrol the streets and destroy starro spores. Your vehicle has a counter for the number of starroes destroyed, which is beamed straight back to Batman (In other words, each car has an LED score display)

In this area is a really cool Cyborg animatronic, he uses his laser arm on a tank of trapped starro spores to demonstrate how to destroy them. Overall, the queue and load area is really cool, impressive scale and really feels like a a superhero hideout.

So you grab some 3d glasses from the racks, board the vehicles, go through some doors and into the city. The first scene is like an alleyway, with animatronic people hiding in windows and dumpsters with starro spores stuck to their face. Also , there are starro spores stuck to the walls etc, and you pass under an elevated subway rail line. This is a common theme throughout the ride, and there are over 100 starro spores to shoot at.

You make a turn, and face the first 3d screen, there are a number of infected citizens, who attempt to hurl starro spores at you...really good use of 3d here and kinda feels like shooting clay pigeons. You can also shoot at the faces of the infected citzens to free them.

After another section of alleyway you reach a city street. Lots of infected human animatronics sitting on benches and shop windows. Some notable ones included a tourist with a camera and a hawaiian shirt sitting on a bench, a traffic controller, a pizza boy.

Around the next turn is the next 3d screen. Wonderwoman has lassoed a bunch of infected humans, they wriggle a bit, but they are an easy target to shoot at their faces to detach the starro spores.

After another turn you pass a huge section of wall covered with starro spores. It's groaning under the weight of them, and colapses towards you, but an animatronic supergirl reaches up and holds it, allowing you to pass by without getting squished.

Another turn leads you down another street, past a multideck carpark ('Parking garage' for the Americans on here) and towards the next screen. Starro spores are swarming down, so the Flash runs around in circles really fast, making a tornado that sucks up the starroes, and flings them out towards you so you can zap them.

Another turn has you heading towards Starro the Conquerors mothership:

Starro the conqueror is the big boss...this guy:

So, you enter onto a Tollway/Turnpike, the tollbooth attendant has a starro spore stuck to his face. The boomgate rises, and you pass a funny electronic sign which first says "Caution: Heavy traffic ahead" and then goes haywire and then the message changes to say "JOIN STARRO!"

You pass under a big

The mothership has landed in the middle of the freeway, crushing a car under the landing gear. Under the other leg the attention to detail is really cool, the road surface is all buckled and ripped up.

Green lantern appears on a 3d screen to the side under the mothership, and he uses his power ring to blast open the spaceship doors so you can get inside and really take them on.

Inside the spaceship you pass some starro spore breeding tanks (but for some reason it doesn't seem to be a live target) you round another corner and face another 3d screen....Superman is attacking green lantern because he has starro stuck to his face. You shoot to free superman, and once he is free he starts attacking the starro spores floating around him (which you can also shoot at)

The track twists and turns a few times, past some walls with starro spores stuck to them.

You reach the grand finale scene, another 3d screen, where superman and Starro the conqueror are battling it out. Here you basically just shoot at the conqueror as many times as you can.

By this point the mothership is unstable, you turn and travel down a hallway to escape, just as you get out the doors there are some bright yellow flashing lights from behind you, a deep bass rumble, and you feel hot air as the ship explodes behind you.

You emerge back onto the streets. The ride photo camera is hidden inside a cracked traffic light..Clever. The final 3D screens has the members of the justice league gathered around, who congratulate you on defeating the starroes.

You make a turn, go through some doors and unload. As you head out the exit ramp you see your ride photo, but at this point they weren't displaying scores from the ride.

Overall, a really solid attraction that seems quite popular (full queue area!) and a high standard of theming throughout with no "gaps" or anything that looks or feels cheap.