Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1164: "Holiday in the Park: event announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beer Man

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby mcjaco » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am

texcoaster wrote:SFGAm has its moments, sure... but I'd hardly call it the shining star of the chain. SFOT has a better collection/variety of coasters, SFGAd could also hold its on in that department, and I also thought that the park layout at SFGAm was pretty terrible in terms of flow.

SFGAm layout is a big loop. How is that a bad layout for flow???

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 am

"reeling" over this park being considered one of, if not the, best of the Six Flags chain? I get not agreeing with it, but "reeling" seems a bit nuts to me. If you dropped the Great out of this thread's title, and we were talking about a park like Six Flags America being the "star", well then I'd understand "reeling".

The layout, and corresponding flow, of this park being a negative makes leaves me "reeling". REALLY? A giant loop is bad form? While I've always thought a crossover by Batman (earlier Tidal Wave) would be nice, having a lot of the backstage stuff hidden literally in the middle of the park is genius. If anything, you cite Over Texas as the "best" in the chain -- I can't imagine how anyone would find the layout/flow of this park better, let alone significantly, better than Great America.

Anyway, I know you offered the "this is just my opinion" disclaimer -- but "reeling" over the thought of this park being the "best in chain" seems a little much to me.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sfgam#1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm

The newest clue "Don’t you hate when your printer jams? This one looks like it was in the process of printing something interesting… Do you think it could be for tomorrow?
new 2013.jpg
Sky screamer!!!
Photo from SFGAm's Facebook
Last edited by sfgam#1 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:15 pm.
Swerve we not friends

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:14 pm

I figure everyone has their favorite in the chain. And if your like me, that favorite can change often - sometimes one visit can change my mind!

Magic Mountain was my favorite many moons ago. Then SFOG was my favorite. The TKO of an incredible new Georgia Cyclone, Mind Bender, GASM and even a dynamite Mine Train couldn't be beat. I guess I really should say a park is "the best," I should say "it's my current favorite."

For years I couldn't understand why everyone talked up Great Adventure so much. I've had some horrendous experiences at that park. Like the time it was so bad I left before noon. But the time Chiller was open with lap bars and the twists, that was so cool! My last visit there was 2006. I've heard glowing reviews since, about how it's all different now and actually a fun park now.

I think I love Great America so much because I've re-discovered all the great flat rides we have. 2 log flumes, Anton flat rides, Whizzer, one of the more interesting Arrow coasters, etc. I'm fond of retro stuff... and the Demon, Whizzer and Eagle are very nostalgic to me - so that's a big part. It's currently my favorite park in the chain, I can't really claim it to be the best.

Hrm... Colossus and Revolution are nostalgic and sentimental to me too - but look what I have to work with there now :(

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:15 pm

sfgam#1 wrote:The newest clue "Don’t you hate when your printer jams? This one looks like it was in the process of printing something interesting… Do you think it could be for tomorrow? Image Photo from SFGAm's Facebook

LOL! I'm really loving these clues!
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:15 pm.

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Looks like the park is adding a giant fruit roll-up for 2013...

nathan c stark is a bunghole

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 pm

So they get a new printer for 2013? One that works. :lmao:
Great teaser, looking forward to see the announcement tomorrow. ;)
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Pacificoaster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Sky Screamer's will be Six Flags' counter to Windseeker.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby brock_boehm » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I still think its some type of nighttime show. The crate is glowing...so that gives a pretty good clue.
(22:01:22) Coupon: shush im playing minecraft

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 am

main_CHIigNIGHT1.jpg

Brand New Nighttime Spectacular Will Dazzle and Captivate Imaginations

Six Flags Great America is pleased to present the premiere of igNIGHT – Grand Finale, a mesmerizing and immersive nighttime spectacle bursting with energy, vivid colors, brilliant visual effects, lively performances, fascinating imagery, and pure imagination.

The groundbreaking new high-tech show — the most advanced show in the park’s 37-year history! — plays on all your senses, taking you on a wonderfully wild journey to a beautiful never-before-seen world. Watch in wonder as igNIGHT illuminates the dark night, magically bringing to life a phenomenal bright and vibrant multimedia universe filled with music, singing, dancing, laser lighting, and pyrotechnics right before your very eyes. Guest interaction along with advanced audio, enhanced video projection, and special effects round out the brand new show that is sure to stun and delight audiences of all ages.

igNIGHT – Grand Finale will premiere in summer 2013 and will take place in the evenings right before the park closes because there’s no better way to end an adrenaline-filled day at Six Flags Great America than with a big bang!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!