TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It's obvious it's all-but-officially-confirmed RMC is doing a makeover. But there's nothing wrong with wanting that last bite of confirmation before getting your hopes all the way up. This is a Six Flags park we're talking about here.

I am just waiting to see a Rockey Mountain Construction sign some where around the park

This is exciting, I have a feeling this will have a few inversions, I just hope the track isn't red, I want a nice blue or some other color.

Of all the possible realities that could happen with this project, you're worried about the color choice for the track?

How gay ARE you????

(This remark coming from a guy who once watched a "Design on a Dime" marathon on HGTV while the rest of the world was watching the Super Bowl!)

This is exciting, I have a feeling this will have a few inversions, I just hope the track isn't red, I want a nice blue or some other color.

How bout brown? I would think it would blend in with the wood and the general public would never notice!

Of all the possible realities that could happen with this project, you're worried about the color choice for the track?

How gay ARE you????

(This remark coming from a guy who once watched a "Design on a Dime" marathon on HGTV while the rest of the world was watching the Super Bowl!)

100% gay but seriously, I am.

I like colors, especially pleasing colors. Hoping for a set of blue rails, but I doubt it. lol

Oh, and I'm definitely interested in the possibilities. If you can go inverted with Topper Track, and this is supposed to be Iron Horse, this should be bat**** insane.

How about just hope the ride is at least half-way decent? Which if it was only that, it would be a bazillion times better than Rattler has been in the past 15 years.

--Robb "Could give two shits about the colour as long as the ride doesn't suck." Alvey

Considering I have no personal ties to Fiesta Texas I have no problem giving y'all a quick scoop. I happen to have several friends who work as ride attendants at this particular Six Flags; the Rattler was sold and is being moved to a different park. At the moment there is no news about what ride will be replacing it.

Considering I have no personal ties to Fiesta Texas I have no problem giving y'all a quick scoop. I happen to have several friends who work as ride attendants at this particular Six Flags; the Rattler was sold and is being moved to a different park. At the moment there is no news about what ride will be replacing it.

No it isn't, that is all just employee rumors. The track is being carefully removed so that the park can reuse the footers for the redo of the Rattler.

Anyways I hope to see that helix become home to several of those high banked turns on NTAG one after another.

No it isn't, that is all just employee rumors. Unless your friends are higher ups (park manager, ect) I'm not buying it

Believe what you want, I really could care less. Just giving a scoop from what I've been told.

Could it be rumors? Sure, I can't deny that possibility.

I personally would consider what I have mentioned to be a possibility. The park issued a statement on billboards throughout the grounds which clearly stated that the Rattler is no longer going to be at Fiesta Texas. Those billboards unfortunately did not tell us whether the coaster is being moved, or taken down for good. Either way - it's not a renovation project.

With the debt situation that has taken control of Fiesta Texas along with other Six Flags parks (i.e. Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure,) it wouldn't surprise me if my friends on staff are correct and Fiesta Texas has actually sold the Rattler.

It's like I said though, believe what you want. I really could care less.

No it isn't, that is all just employee rumors. Unless your friends are higher ups (park manager, ect) I'm not buying it

Believe what you want, I really could care less. Just giving a scoop from what I've been told.

I personally would consider what I have mentioned to be a possibility. The park issued a statement on billboards throughout the grounds which clearly stated that the Rattler is no longer going to be at Fiesta Texas. Those billboards unfortunately did not tell us whether the coaster is being moved, or taken down for good. Either way - it's not a renovation project.

With the debt situation that has taken control of Fiesta Texas along with other Six Flags parks (i.e. Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure,) it wouldn't surprise me if my friends on staff are correct and Fiesta Texas has actually sold the Rattler.

Its obvious that you do care, because you responded to his post. No park would be dumb enough to buy The Rattler(with the amount of complaints riders give), it is the worst coasters(in its current conditon) that I have ever rode on. But just for fun, lets play the "what if" game for a minute. If they were taking the ride down to sell it, why would they start on the helix(the middle of the ride)? Also why would the close down in the middle of the season and not wait till the end of the year?

Ride opps don't know shit, thats why they are ride opps and not management.

Maybe, another park bought the helix and only the helix. So, both ideas might be right only time will tell. In all seriousness though no park or human being would be ignorant enough to buy The Rattler, well there might be one person...maybe I will start a rumor Jerry Jones is going to buy it and set it on top of Jerry World(Cowboys Stadium.) Having dealt with some of the park employees a few weeks ago I'm going to go with the guy who said they don't know squat.

Firstly, welcome to TPR... Secondly, you might want to watch how you say things. Being rude does get you fair here... I've already seen someone suspended for a day today for being rude. The moderators don't take kindly to it. Just a friendly bit of advice.

Can you tell me what park bought it since I don't know any park in our solar system that features the same terrain as Fiesta Texas to support this coaster?

Thats why I always tell people they couldn't sell Superman, Rattler, and Road Runner because it uses the terrain of the quarry wall...

It is possible to relocate wood coasters. A good example is Yankee Cannonball at Canobie Lake. It was originally at a park called Lakewood Park. Rattler, though, would be near impossible to relocate without massive changes to the layout because of the way it is tailored to the terrain.

^^ They can relocate wooden coasters (The Phoenix at Knoebels that was The Rocket at Playland Park in Texas is a good example) but it is more expensive to do so then relocating a steel coaster. The reason it wouldn't be praticle with the Rattler is the fact that it was built to use the terrain at SFFT and no other park that I know of has cliffs that are as high as SFFTs and the fact that is one of the worlds worst coasters. Could a park buy the Rattler, sure, but it would require a lot, if not all the supports to be reworked to make it fit in another location. The point is that it wouldn't be praticle to buy the Rattler because it sucks and the amount of money it would take to make it work in another location is too much for one park to spend without bankrupting themselves.

Edited by 3Mutts

I didnt know they could relocate a woodie. Aren't they made for the terrain itself?

I think the 1st relocation (to my knowledge) was The Rocket at Playland Park, here in San Antonio. The park closed in 1980, and 5 yrs later, Knoebel's bought it and disassembled it piece by piece, moved it to their park and rebuilt it. It was renamed the Phoenix.

ROFLMAO!!!

I didnt know they could relocate a woodie. Aren't they made for the terrain itself?

I think the 1st relocation (to my knowledge) was The Rocket at Playland Park, here in San Antonio. The park closed in 1980, and 5 yrs later, Knoebel's bought it and disassembled it piece by piece, moved it to their park and rebuilt it. It was renamed the Phoenix.

While I'm not sure what wooden coaster was the first to be relocated, I know it wasn't The Rocket/Pheonix. The earliest I know of is Yankee Cannonball in Canobie Lake. It was built in 1930 at Lakewood Park and was called "Roller Coaster." It was relocated to Canobie in 1936, but didn't change it's name to Yankee Cannonball until the 80's.

All this relocation talk is nonsense and speculation anyways at this point. There is a slim to no chance that Rattler is being sold/relocated to another park.