TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^^

Thats what I was thinking with footers being left intact....maybe not a launch into another triple helix but possibly a single or double overbanked helix that will lead into a new layout. After that first drop an an overbanked fan curve, a launch wouldn't be necessary.

It's nice to see they're moving fast in removing the old structure. I'm sure aside from doing a reprofile on the first drop and fan curve, the middle part of the ride and end of the ride are going to be all new.

The helix didn't go 5mph in the opening season when the first drop was still all the way to the bottom...

It was never speedy, mind you, but it wasn't the snore-gasm it became after the first drop got neutered.

I always thought that it could've been really good if they kept the first drop and took the top layer of the helix off, dropping right into the middle layer.

Of course, if RMC wants to jazz it up and do something that will challenge SDC's OutRun for "most anticipated coaster", that would be OK, too!

The helix didn't go 5mph in the opening season when the first drop was still all the way to the bottom...

It was never speedy, mind you, but it wasn't the snore-gasm it became after the first drop got neutered.

I always thought that it could've been really good if they kept the first drop and took the top layer of the helix off, dropping right into the middle layer.

Of course, if RMC wants to jazz it up and do something that will challenge SDC's OutRun for "most anticipated coaster", that would be OK, too!

^^

I agree. Even after the first drop was brought down a little from the top and up a little from the bottom, there was still quite a bit of speed going into the helix. We can all blame the trim brake going into the helix for the boringly slow helix experience. SFFT trimmed the entrance into the helix over the years and there were several times I rode the Rattler in the mid to late 90's and early 2000's where the trim entering the helix felt almost nonexistant and the train would fly through the helix. Although very exciting, it was quite a violent ride....especially when you hit the trim coming out of the helix right before the second drop.

I hope Six Flags is gonna go all the way with this coaster. This is a huge opportunity to gain some popularity back.

Im curious, since this coaster its known for its rattling like affect, and if they are doing an iron horse steel track conversion, will that be a conflict?

The Rattler is just know as the Rattler because it's the Rattler. What "rattling" like affect are you talking about??? The Rattler's name just comes from rattlesnakes being native to that area before all of that area was even developed.

I'm most excited to see what they're going to do with the drop. Looking at the drop from when the ride first opened, it would be awesome to see the drop extended if it is still possible. Maybe, like NTAG, they will even make the first hill taller so that it could have more speed going through the rest of the ride - but I'm sure new topper track/Iron Horse track would do enough to improve the speed.

What are some potentially crazy ideas/hopes you guys have for this coaster? My husband and I came up with the idea of having mist in the tunnel, no lights, and having some sort of speakers to play the sound of tons of rattlers. I think it would be awesome, lol. I'd also love to see an inversion, but who wouldn't?

^ It's a neat idea, but the train is moving so fast through the tunnel with so much noise that I don't think it'd ever get noticed. I suppose a tunnel could be constructed around a MCBR where you slow the train down to a crawl so you could get the rattle effect, but I wonder if that'd just make the ride mosey around the rest of the course at a leisurely pace?

Assuming it'll have trains with polymer wheels like NTG, one thing to remember is that the trains are going to lose a lot more speed a lot quicker. Despite NTG's 10 additional feet on the lift, the midcourse brake was lowered significantly and the train seems to hit the final brakes slower than the original Giant.

If for some god-awful reason they decided to keep the carousel helix it'd crawl through it even slower (but probably not even make it).

Also, what press release did they confirm they were doing a project for SFFT? I'd only ever heard they had one remodel planned and one original coaster planned for 2013.

^^

There was an article in the Spokane Business Journal HERE that talked about it being for SFFT. I think it was also spoken about at NTAG Bash that the Rattler was next as well as an interview Robb did with the RMC guy but it wasn't very specific. In anycase.....there's no other park claiming the remodel and everything and everyone is pointing to the Rattler so I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by larrygator

^I'm honestly surprised that people here and there are still doubting it.

This is TPR. Of course there will be doubt.

It will be another SOB, it will have fatal G-forces, it will hit the bolts, it will have OTSRs installed after the first day, it will have poor capacity, WHAT ABOUT THOSE HOLES?, and it's most definitely sinking.

^^

LMAO

And don't forget those who would say "But the big sign in front said to ride it for the last time before it slithers away and all the news stations said it was closing for good" and "The tunnel is too small for the new trains".

Now I'm just waiting for new pics to see the demo progress.

Note the clean cuts, the stacked track pieces, etc... this is a much more time-consuming removal process than just bulldozing the thing to the ground. The only thing I can speculate from this is that they are making sure the footers aren't damaged during the removal, which of course bolsters the alleged reworking.

Besides, if they were just going to taer it down they wouldn't have needed to close it before the season was done.

So assuming that the footers are being saved for re-use, let the speculation begin as to what sort of new circular thing will be up there....

How's this? The train leaves the valley and races up the cliff into the top layer of the helix at breakneck speed (due to the increased lift hill height, the extended first drop, and the overbanked horseshoe turn back into the valley)... it screams around the top layer of the helix, then cuts a sharp banked right turn into a corkscrew through the center of the circle, exiting into the middle layer of the helix, travelling in the opposite direction, counter-clockwise. It navigates 3/4 around the circle, then heads back to the center for another corkscrew, interlocked with the first one. Back into the helix at ground level, again going clockwise, heading for the MCBR (which is always off, but is necessary for blocking), headchoppers galore.

I can dream, can't I?