TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Sky Screamer for 2013 it looks like so far..

Plus Full Throttle (we think?). A new flat ride two years in a row seems pretty good to me. Maybe after 2013 they can focus on other parks. Not that I will complain if SFMM gets more monster coasters...

^ You must have your head under a rock, at least a rock that encompasses SFMM!

Six Flags hasn't been paying nearly as much attention to SFMM as people believe they do. This whole deal with them getting yearly major attractions is just the Six Flags business plan. In fact, SFMM was one of the smaller additions of 2012, with X-Flight being the highlight.

^ You must have your head under a rock, at least a rock that encompasses SFMM!

Six Flags hasn't been paying nearly as much attention to SFMM as people believe they do. This whole deal with them getting yearly major attractions is just the Six Flags business plan. In fact, SFMM was one of the smaller additions of 2012, with X-Flight being the highlight.

I know the business plan corporate-wide is to have a new attraction for each park every year. It just seems like they over spend on SFMM. At the very least, they could use the funds that they have allocated for SFMM in better ways.

I agree, too much is being put into SFMM, but there must be a fairly significant ROI if they're going to continue to do it.

Let's hope that this is true. I trust them. However, let's not forget how they got into financial trouble before: overspending.

A new flat ride two years in a row seems pretty good to me.

Isn't it kinda funny that we are calling 2 VERY tall rides "flat rides"? I'm all for more flat rides... thank god my home park is six flags Great America. What did Magic Mountain do with the Tilt-A-Whirl? For some reason, I figure it's gone because the restraints don't lock. Or did they add shoulder bars to that, too?

Maybe after 2013 they can focus on other parks. Not that I will complain if SFMM gets more monster coasters...

I hope the big parks (well... the 2 that usually fight over most coasters) would focus on improving what they have (expecially Magic Mountain). (I'll skip over mentioning the rumored/impending Colossus and Revolution return to greatness... oops, didn't do so well not mentioning that)

I'm not sure why a SFMM Sky Screamer would have to be taller than Knotts ride. They just added a drop tower which is the tallest ride in California. If they add one I bet it will be a copy of the one at Great Adventure.

I'm going with SkyScreamer as well. No need for it to be the tallest of anything. It's different enough from Windseeker. Most GP don't have any knowledge of the one at SFDK. No need for it to be too tall as it does get windy up at the park. Plus, the park is in DESPERATE need of some flat rides. Remember, the park doesn't make rides for "us", they make them for the other 99% of people.

If parts are already starting to arrive, it's entirely possible it could be open this year, especially if they are putting it in Thrill shots spot. They've already got the space for it. I haven't seen the SkyScreamer installations but I'd imagine the ride pad is essentially the same size as that. Can anybody confirm?

Well would we still get Full Throttle next year as well?

I don't see why not. The park has built two coasters in the same year, why not two flats? I think it's entirely possible that a drop tower and a Sky Screamer were always the plan for 2012, especially seeing as Thrill Shot was suddenly removed so quickly back in April. The thing about SFMM and Knotts is that they can add new rides at any point of a given year.

Full Throttle may begin construction, but who knows at what point it will actually open.

^I'm guessing that that would enable the park to have some kind of record? I'm sure they're going to claim something.

So do we give the Ice Queen, corporate, or both credit for the resurgence (at least for know) in balancing ride additions between flat rides and coasters?