TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

There was literally an INSANE amount of airtime that made me literally fly into the lab bar that I had given myself a little but nice amount of room with. It was painful since I wasn't ready for it, but it was also amazing in a way, and would have been fantastic if I was prepared for it.

Anyone else experienced crazy airtime on the first drop on either track?

The first drop was re-tracked with I-beams, making it faster/smoother than the rest of the ride with traditional wood coaster trap.

I got on it today and was pretty happy with the ride! Moving right along and was an enjoyable ride. We also got some airtime on the first drop in the back rows. Pacing is much better without all of the bouncing around!

Strange the past several months there are only 2 total trains for Colossus. (can't count the psyclone trains for normal operation) Used to be 6 trains and with a couple out getting refurb work done there was generally 4 available. currently there is no way to run 3 on one side, or 2 on each side during a busy weekend.

I gave Colossus a courtesy ride yesterday and found the left side open. I usually don't ride it that often so I don't know if that's normal, but I've always found the right side to be the side open. It was nice finally getting to ride the other track. I sat in the back row and something completely unexpected happened on the first drop: There was literally an INSANE amount of airtime that made me literally fly into the lab bar that I had given myself a little but nice amount of room with. It was painful since I wasn't ready for it, but it was also amazing in a way, and would have been fantastic if I was prepared for it.

Just came from the park 30 mins ago the 7-11 event was awesome. The ERT they had was Green Latern, Batman: The Ride and Goliath. We got a ride on Green Latern (Man that little monster packs a punch!), and 2 rides on Goliath. Before the ERT we got on Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom and it was great. The fall is awesome and the view is amazing. It's very re-rideable and I can't wait to get on it again. Me and the wifey enjoyed our night there, especially since each ticket was only $7.11

Wouldn't it be interesting if Six Flags built Superman at SFDK from Premier Rides as a 'test' for this type of coaster and built the bigger version of it, 'Full Throttle' at SFMM for 2013?

Im going to call it and go with that as my guess. Not the same ride but launched with the world record loop, similar to Superman.

If you're correct and SFMM gets the same exact design but bigger, can you imagine the AIRTIME on that thing?? S:UF is only 150' and 62 mph and the ejector is insane...

SFMM's version??

Im thinking the loop would be in LJ's spot with a launch through the tunnel and a bunch of twisty airtime hills in various places.

I gave Colossus a courtesy ride yesterday and found the left side open. I usually don't ride it that often so I don't know if that's normal, but I've always found the right side to be the side open. It was nice finally getting to ride the other track. I sat in the back row and something completely unexpected happened on the first drop: There was literally an INSANE amount of airtime that made me literally fly into the lab bar that I had given myself a little but nice amount of room with. It was painful since I wasn't ready for it, but it was also amazing in a way, and would have been fantastic if I was prepared for it.

Left side has been used since January. And yes! I always ride in the back now and that first drop always scares the crap out of me now! That is an amazing pop of airtime! I am liking Colossus more and more ever since the beginning of this year! Haven't been down to the park due to a vacation. Probably heading down next Tuesday.

I also rode Colossus on Tuesday, left side, in the very back seat, and to me it rode the way it has for the past year or so. Nice air on the first drop, nice air on the drop after both turnarounds, and a little pop after the MCBR. IMO you should always sit in the back seat on Colossus. That first drop is basically designed to pull you out of the seat as the front of the train goez down the drop. I would also say my ride on Colossus was about as smooth as Apocalypse. Very fun, so much in fact I rode it twice because there was no wait.

I'm glad I have my Extreme pass if this is true. Actually I'm glad I have it anyway, you make the difference back in parking alone in four trips... Assuming you go there often enough.

Has anyone tried the fried peanut butter and jelly at What The Fried? I might have to try it next time. Actually, has anyone tried anything from there besides the Dole Whip?

Just left from the park. I went to the ERT this morning which ended up opening at 9:45. I managed to get 7 rides on it during the ERT and I must say, Lex Luthor is one of the best additions Magic Mountain has gotten in a while, just my opinion though. I loved the little details put in to this ride such as the "Lex Corp Experiment" that you ocassionaly hear outside the ride explaning that you'll be participating in an experiment for Lex Corp on Lex Towers(Superman). The Lex Armor suit isn't covered in gum yet so that was nice to see considering the suit looks really cool. Overall, I loved the ride. I was expecting the ride to shake violently when Superman roared up the tower but it mostly swayed gently adding to the thrill.

Oh yes, I also found multi-colored supports behind Apocalypse but they didn't look like ride supports. I'll post a picture when I get home, I'm currently on my phone typing this in the parking lot. I first saw it while on Apocalypse(which was running great today) but I then just went up to the Sky Tower to get the picture. Again, I'll post the picture in a bit.

Hi, first time posting in the forum! Had a question that couldn't be answered online anywhere. What size are the lockers at SFMM? if anyone has been to both SFMM and Cedar Point, how do they compare to CP's lockers? Any info would be gratefully received =]

Just left from the park. I went to the ERT this morning which ended up opening at 9:45. I managed to get 7 rides on it during the ERT and I must say, Lex Luthor is one of the best additions Magic Mountain has gotten in a while, just my opinion though. I loved the little details put in to this ride such as the "Lex Corp Experiment" that you ocassionaly hear outside the ride explaning that you'll be participating in an experiment for Lex Corp on Lex Towers(Superman). The Lex Armor suit isn't covered in gum yet so that was nice to see considering the suit looks really cool. Overall, I loved the ride. I was expecting the ride to shake violently when Superman roared up the tower but it mostly swayed gently adding to the thrill.

Oh yes, I also found multi-colored supports behind Apocalypse but they didn't look like ride supports. I'll post a picture when I get home, I'm currently on my phone typing this in the parking lot. I first saw it while on Apocalypse(which was running great today) but I then just went up to the Sky Tower to get the picture. Again, I'll post the picture in a bit.

support for new coster?