TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

How is that new coaster btw?

Looks fun, but kinda short?

edit: oh shiiii I thought it just did one loop...it goes back and forth once?

Well that makes the ride a bit longer and better but damn, the capacity must be a nightmare.

Unless they got those ops moving at full speed?

^Just one short little page jump away:

The final thing I would like to mention is the dispatch times. I was absolutely shocked at the speed of those dispatches. I had no idea that a Six Flags park could run a ride with such startling efficiency. From the time the train came to a complete stop until the time of the next launch, no more than 45 seconds passed. Ever. Coupling that with the 45 second ride time, that's 12 people moving through the line every 1:30 (I timed several cycles on my phone, it was never more than 1:30 total). That comes out to 40 ride cycles per hour. 40 x 12 = 480pph. I was very impressed at this sort of capacity from a ride that I figured would have a crawling line. I hope that the ride crew can keep this up through out this season, and future ones.

Well that makes the ride a bit longer and better but damn, the capacity must be a nightmare.

You should read the last 10 pages or so where we've discussed at length the awesomeness of the ride and the surprisingly decent (not great) capacity.

You should read the last 10 pages or so where we've discussed at length the awesomeness of the ride and the surprisingly decent (not great) capacity.

This covers both responses to me, I'm a lazy ass : P

But fair enough, I should've at least read the previous 4 or 5

Well glad to hear, especially about the load times.

Makes more excited for Cali next year, and especially Discovery Kingdom.

Also found a good POV, looks more forceful than I imagined too!

That's a good question. I'm probably heading up Thursday. Hey Robman, wanna hold off and join me? I don't know yet if I am going to have to work or not though, but if I don't I am really hoping to head up to ride the new beast. I'm hoping to get a friend or 2 to tag along, but who knows, I may just go alone if I have to...

My past experience is that weekdays are pretty manageable. Not sure what it will be like for Superman, but most rides hover around 30-45 min waits at the worst. I would guess Superman sticks close to an hour, maybe less since that crew knows how to hustle.

I didn't think it would beat out Medusa as my favorite ride in the park, but it did just that. I'm proud of my home park for having such a unique ride.

I completely agree with everything you had to say, even the above. Medusa is still my love child, but with a tone of sadness I feel she has been replaced as my favorite. I hope she'll be able to forgive me.

Is anyone going to this?

SEASON PASS HOLDERS: Rise and shine with our second Sunrise with SUPERMAN! Join us from 8:30am-10:30am this Sunday, July 15, for exclusive ride time on SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.

LINK

They posted this on their Facebook page. If I lived a little closer I'd be there! The first Superman Sunrise was awesome! And the lines were about 15 minutes or less! I definitely recommend!

^Epic!!! Thanks for posting. I would have been very disappointed to miss this. We're rolling in from SoCal on Saturday. I was planning on hitting the park at opening on Sunday to squeeze in one more ride on Superman, but this is infinitely better.

Is anyone going to this?

SEASON PASS HOLDERS: Rise and shine with our second Sunrise with SUPERMAN! Join us from 8:30am-10:30am this Sunday, July 15, for exclusive ride time on SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.

LINK

They posted this on their Facebook page. If I lived a little closer Id be there! The first Superman Sunrise was awesome! And the lines were about 15 minutes or less! I definitely recommend!

Now that this has been brought to my attention, i'll definitely to beat your 19 rides.

Now that this has been brought to my attention, i'll definitely to beat your 19 rides.

You can try!! I was there almost non-stop for 6 hours!

^Actually, I hit 20 on the day of the commercial shoot, so you're actually gonna need to beat 20.

Dangit! I figured someone had me beat either on media day or the commercial shoot. But I'm pretty sure no one else on opening day/season pass preview got as many rides as I did!

^It messed me up a little too. Somewhere around my 11th or 12th the line became almost walk-on and I was like, "You know, I don't know if I can keep doing this for another three hours." With the break I took and the break down, I had about an hour to rest. After that, the lines were just long enough to settle myself in between.

ERT would be killer. IDK if I could stay on and marathon Superman for two hours like we did with Medusa last year. It's so intense! I think I'd have to take "breaks" by riding Roar or something.

I'm very tempted to. However, driving from Union City to Vallejo, only to pay 5 dollars for bridge toll and 18 for parking seems a bit excessive, especially because I'm heading to the park on Tuesday with a friend.

At least you would not be driving from San Jose.

Yup. Speaking of driving up from San jose, Darnell and I are heading up in the morning for a few rides on the new beauty and a quick run of the rest of the coasters. Probably leave by 1-2. Anyone else gonna be there tomorrow morning?

Yup. Speaking of driving up from San jose, Darnell and I are heading up in the morning for a few rides on the new beauty and a quick run of the rest of the coasters. Probably leave by 1-2. Anyone else gonna be there tomorrow morning?

I'll be there bright and early, gotta get my fix on this beast.

And I mean being there on sunday.

Edited by rolercstrluvr