TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Thanks for the photos again chadster!

^^It will go under the lift at one point, but not over unless there's another surprise there.

It looks like it's pulling up as the curve ends, so here's a chance for the first major airtime hill. The train will be hauling ASS at this point.

I'm surprised how much work they've gotten in during the last few days. They're really hauling again.

Interesting turn of events with this whacky element. While it doesn't exactly do what I was talking about back on page 64, it still comes close banking very quickly from one side to the other.

...this should be one heck of a ride.

Where is this park located? I need to go there someday. I must admit I'm not so interested in wooden coasters being built, yes I know this is a hybrid type coaster. But this one has me really intrigued to see how the finished thing will be.

Silver Dollar City was worth a visit for Powder Keg alone. Building something in the vein of the reborn Texas Giant except 400 miles closer to me can only reinforce that sentiment.

Chad. How many times have you ridden the train this year?

Too many to count Larry! I will say this, the train ride is full of fun and have the scripts memorized now, I could play any of the parts with no studying!

I'm on my phone and can't quote anyone else but saw a few questions. In my opinion if you look at the photos of the lift before the train goes under you see a ton of footers coming out of the ravine and following the train track. There isn't any room for the coaster to go through the lift as mechanicals are in the way not to mention there isn't a hole big enough in the structure. Again my opinion we could see an old Texas Giant fly around the lift.

Oh and sorry the photos don't show the can't believe this next as it flyers down the river bed, wish they did, it looks amazeballs.

On the road for a bit!

Oh and thanks guys, feel free to share, I'll post my full album later tonight. I just hope my DVR records Robb tonight!

Loving watching the construction of this ride. As if I needed a reason to get back to SDC other than it being an awesome park, but this ride looks really interesting.

And I say we continue the campaign for the element to be named Sharktopus. This must happen!

dt

Well technically, in the picture it would be left to right but on the ride it will be right to left...I thought it looked like it would fly down in to the ravine...moving very, very fast. It should be going pretty fast through the dive element, which is going to mean the transition in to the next turn will be FAST!

I'm on my phone and can't quote anyone else but saw a few questions. In my opinion if you look at the photos of the lift before the train goes under you see a ton of footers coming out of the ravine and following the train track. There isn't any room for the coaster to go through the lift as mechanicals are in the way not to mention there isn't a hole big enough in the structure. Again my opinion we could see an old Texas Giant fly around the lift.

Oh and sorry the photos don't show the can't believe this next as it flyers down the river bed, wish they did, it looks amazeballs.

Wow, once again my assumptions are wrong. I don't think I've had a record this bad since the last time I played softball

What in particular is amazing about the flight down to the valley? Is there something we aren't seeing, or is it just that the photos don't convey how crazy it is?

I actually like the handrails since they give the ride so much mass to make it look more intimidating. I'm glad that's the only thing there is to really critique so far, everything else is just too mindblowing.

Wow, once again my assumptions are wrong. I don't think I've had a record this bad since the last time I played softball

What in particular is amazing about the flight down to the valley? Is there something we aren't seeing, or is it just that the photos don't convey how crazy it is?

I actually like the handrails since they give the ride so much mass to make it look more intimidating. I'm glad that's the only thing there is to really critique so far, everything else is just too mindblowing.

Lol! I'm actually kind of afraid to mention what I *think* and I want to strongly emphasis *think* I saw, but it wouldn't surprise me if some sort of 90 degree or close banking doesn't pop up down there somewhere. Again, I can't tell for sure so I am VERY reluctant to even mention it. Wish the photos I took of that area didn't have so many darn trees and direct sunlight!

What is the whole "movie screen" joke?

Something I started here

Edited by chadster

Or, better yet, you could wait until the announcement and not speculate what the element is called.

This is an ideology with which I disagree. As long as it's not blatantly stupid or flame war inducing, why should we frown upon speculation? It builds the anticipation. It's fun to predict what they are going to call it. It's not harmful, so why should it be something that we should not do?

I for one would have named this the Switchback Roll.

Or, better yet, you could wait until the announcement and not speculate what the element is called.

This is an ideology with which I disagree. As long as it's not blatantly stupid or flame war inducing, why should we frown upon speculation? It builds the anticipation. It's fun to predict what they are going to call it. It's not harmful, so why should it be something that we should not do?

Exactly, it helps everyone understand who the super dorks of this hobby are. Makes it easy for me to know who to avoid on TPR trips.