TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

Got to ride Despicable Me this morning during the Annual Passholders preview. Pretty fun attraction, although the actual ride itself is rather short compared to the preshow. I don't know if they upgraded the ride system since Jimmy Neutron (since I never rode that), but it's nothing spectacular. The theming in and around the ride building is top notch, though. It also made me want to finally see the movie, so maybe that was part of the idea, too. Either way, fun times, but I won't be waiting for this at any point during the summer.

Speaking of retired attractions, did anyone here experience the Ghostbusters attraction? Would love some "reviews" of what that attraction was like.

My first visit to the park was May 1991 (I had just turned 18). I remember being really disappointed with the Ghostbusters show back then. If I remember correctly the set was very similiar to the final scene of the Ghostbusters movie. I also remember that most of the speical effects were not very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQuitks90g

So apparently there is something happening at Universal Orlando, check out what Themeparkinsider wrote:

- Universal appears to be demolishing Soundstage 44 at Universal Studios Florida, the former home of the Xena and Murder, She Wrote attractions. Sources on the ground in Orlando report having seen height-test balloons on that site last week, rising to or above the height of the tallest New York area facades.

- Universal has filed multiple building permits for a new attraction facility in the Universal Studios Florida theme park, apparently on the Soundstage 44 site.

- Whatever this project is, it has happened *fast*, with a swift selection of contractor and a fast-track mandate from Universal.

- Halloween Horror Nights had planned to use Soundstage 44, and would have to change its designs at this late date if Soundstage 44 were unavailable, as it looks to be.

Could this be Transformers? Or something else?

Anyways, it just doesn't seem right because they already have Spiderman which is the exact same track layout and a very similar experience...

I don't remember Spiderman having two elevators.

Anyways, it just doesn't seem right because they already have Spiderman which is the exact same track layout and a very similar experience...

I don't remember Spiderman having two elevators.

Well they are both very similar, high-tech 3-D rides, are they not? I would consider them to be in the same category.

Though, it may not be a pn absolutely horrible idea to have both rides and they'd certainly be in different parks.

I've always thought that a year round haunt,if done properly, could be a great hight capacity attraction for ANY park yet very few exist. Hopefully if Universal decides to use this space for just that they will set the new standard for in park year round haunts and maybe more will pop up around the world.