TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Pretty impressive installation for a Six Flags park really. I rode Iron Wolf once while it was at Great America, thought it was okay nothing special but it wasn't all that bad either. Should be a nice addition to the park.

I hopefully they feature Apocalypse in Richie Rich 2 .

Every person at the park that I spoke to (General Public) viewed the coaster as new. They all just appeared grateful for a new coaster.

Wish it wasnt the case that you had to single out the General Public. Still, great report!

This is a totally for real question:

What's up with the disdain for the general public that is often expressed here? Is it because they're not in the know and ask questions that is common sense to those in the know?

I mean, do you have to go on a TPR trip to no longer be considered general public? Or do you have to work in the industry or something? What's the differential?

I come to this website everyday, I have a moderate knowledge of rollercoasters - past and present - and I share the same enthusiasm for coasters as everyone else here. Does this make me general public or non-general public?

A part of my fear in joining a TPR event is that I will be looked down upon as a member of the general public who crashed a fantastic party or something.

^I think that fact that you are on this site means that you are not General Public. I dont think you would be looked down upon at all. TPR, the website, is a discussion thread so likewise you will get varied opinion. That's the freedom of it. As personalities vary, so do the ways people approach topics. Some take things personally, some rave, and some complain. My advice would be to just take it as it is, expect the above, and enjoy! I have not been on a TPR trip yet but only because I want to go with someone I know, but I think I am going to have to suck it up and just sign up because Mississippi and its Coaster-less state along with its Adjacent Coaster-less states are killing me. Again I think that you are non-GP, GP seems to be those who aren't followers of the industry period or possess no genuine interest in it. Last year when I was working at SFA someone walked up to me and said.... "Hey, how do I get to the Megatron" (LMAO!!!!!!) and pointed to Superman. *Restraining myself from laughter I couldn't help but think to things...1. Such a GP thing to say and 2. That would be a awesome name for a ride as big as Superman. So there you go thats my opinion on GP. But don't fret, Enjoy! I am right there with ya!

I was there yesterday too. I will admit as skeptical I am with Six Flags America they did such a AWESOME job with this coaster! The theming is awesome - I give them 11 out of 10 on it! The ride was not really open to the public all day as advertised but I did get 3 rides in (back, middle, and front). I will say this... the coaster is good for this park. They finally got something after 10 years and that makes me happy with this being my home park. Everyone was eating it up! Its all they talked about all over the park. A lot of them I talked to knew it was a used coaster but weren't sure where it was from. For me the coaster was OK. Maybe my height but this coaster gave me the worst head banging I ever experienced. I did love all of the elements during the ride with the misters and flames. If you really want to see the flames it's best to sit in the front. Also the camera gets the best pictures on the right side of the car.

^I think that fact that you are on this site means that you are not General Public. I dont think you would be looked down upon at all. TPR, the website, is a discussion thread so likewise you will get varied opinion. That's the freedom of it. As personalities vary, so do the ways people approach topics. Some take things personally, some rave, and some complain. My advice would be to just take it as it is, expect the above, and enjoy! I have not been on a TPR trip yet but only because I want to go with someone I know, but I think I am going to have to suck it up and just sign up because Mississippi and its Coaster-less state along with its Adjacent Coaster-less states are killing me. Again I think that you are non-GP, GP seems to be those who aren't followers of the industry period or possess no genuine interest in it. Last year when I was working at SFA someone walked up to me and said.... "Hey, how do I get to the Megatron" (LMAO!!!!!!) and pointed to Superman. *Restraining myself from laughter I couldn't help but think to things...1. Such a GP thing to say and 2. That would be a awesome name for a ride as big as Superman. So there you go thats my opinion on GP. But don't fret, Enjoy! I am right there with ya!

A LOT of people go on TPR trips alone!! I would not worry about that at all. You'll find someone to hang out with.

I did love all of the elements during the ride with the misters and flames. If you really want to see the flames it's best to sit in the front.

Ooh, misters? Sounds like extra effects from the season pass preview days! Might head over Sunday night to see what they've finished since then, since they were still working on some things last weekend.

I did love all of the elements during the ride with the misters and flames. If you really want to see the flames it's best to sit in the front.

Ooh, misters? Sounds like extra effects from the season pass preview days! Might head over Sunday night to see what they've finished since then, since they were still working on some things last weekend.

Yea, my friend said he was there for the season pass preview weekend and he went with me yesterday and was pointing all the differences.