Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2012 8:29 am

Has anyone ridden Wildcat this year? Has it gotten any better or is it still pulverizing your innards into mush?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 am

Legoguy1395 wrote:Hey guys, I NEED to know about what the lines/d will be on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and about how long skyrush's will be. Thanks! :br

Hi - let's just stop and think about this for a moment - SkyRush hasn't even been open yet on a Wednesday/Thursday.... EVER.... so how is anyone supposed to be able to predict how long the line will be?

Assume the line will be LONG, and anything shorter is a bonus.

There's your answer. ;)

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun May 27, 2012 8:34 am

I wouldn't say that Wildcat has gotten any better, but it never pulverized my insides to mush to begin with. It's pretty rough, but it's nowhere near the worst ride in the world.

Since apparently there's never a queue for it, it's certainly worth a ride as you pass by it as you go to Lightning Racer. The back seat was pretty fun.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby amy_mel » Sun May 27, 2012 8:38 am

As of last summer, my best rides were the first and second row. Anything further back was mush inducing. By best rides I mean I came off with a headache at a dull roar that kept me from riding anything beyond the monorail for several hours.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2012 8:42 am

A.J. wrote:I wouldn't say that Wildcat has gotten any better, but it never pulverized my insides to mush to begin with. It's pretty rough, but it's nowhere near the worst ride in the world.

Since apparently there's never a queue for it, it's certainly worth a ride as you pass by it as you go to Lightning Racer. The back seat was pretty fun.

It certainly wasn't the worst ride, and I do actually enjoy it's layout...a LOT...but it was REALLY rough when we rode it last year. It used to be in my top 5 wood coasters in the late 90s. I wish they could do something to it to make it AWESOME again.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun May 27, 2012 8:47 am

It is certainly a great layout. I wonder if Great Coasters will come in sometime in the near future and give Wildcat some nice re-tracking? It would be a great way to get Wildcat back to what it once was and would probably be a good "between big new attractions" development.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun May 27, 2012 9:38 am

We rode Wildcat Friday night about 3 or 4 rows from the back, and it certainly wasn't as rough as last year (which was the worst I've experienced on that ride). I'm chalking it up to offseason maintenance, so it might be bad again bu the time TPR rolls through there.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Legoguy1395 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:30 am

robbalvey wrote:
Legoguy1395 wrote:Hey guys, I NEED to know about what the lines/d will be on Wednesday/Thursday of next week, and about how long skyrush's will be. Thanks! :br

Hi - let's just stop and think about this for a moment - SkyRush hasn't even been open yet on a Wednesday/Thursday.... EVER.... so how is anyone supposed to be able to predict how long the line will be?

There's your answer. ;)

LOL I know this, I just wanted to know the average crowds at HP on a wednesday, so we could make a educated guess because our schedule is very unstable so it might cancel if we can't ride anything.. :p

EDIT: Nevermind, this has been pushed at least 2 weeks down the line :?r

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am

In theory you'll have a great day, because it's still early summer and schools are in session. You might be fighting with groups of senior class trips and band events though, but there's no way of really knowing.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Synshine » Sun May 27, 2012 1:00 pm

I ride my first lap about 15 minutes ago, and I am giddy waiting for a quick second go. Absolutely amazing, it is definitively in my top three rides.

robbalvey wrote:

There's your answer. ;)

Bingo!

FWIW, It is a busy Sunday and the line that over-flowed the queue now only fills two full switchbacks. My wife refused to re-ride, she feels too exposed. She figures most try it once and find out they have passed their limit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!