TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hanno's picture of the day

Today's picture is from the winter 2011/2012

I had time to visit Europe Park that winter

Here's a picture of the Euro Mir station/entrance area with winter theming

Let's go back to 2011

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to start posting pctures from that Japan trip as it reminds me of the awesome trip and country and my wish to go back there..

Anyway... we did visit Universal Studios in Japan.

Home to an awesome version of Jaws (i did not understand a single word, but it was so much better then the US version due to the acting/panic and it being in Japan )

But also home to a fun coaster called Hollywood Dream : The ride

enjoy

Universal Osaka is an excellent "greatest hits of Universal" park--with the added bonus of Hollywood Dream (and this is an especially good picture of a very photogenic coaster).

Time for a bit more Japan

Parque Espana is home to one of the best B&M coasters out there..

Pyrenees

it was a hot day.. but we basically had the park to ourselve. So that resulted in plenty of rides on this lovely coaster.

enjoy.

The bus parking at the entrance to that coaster is still one of the funniest things from a TPR Trip ever!

That is something i will never forget, so random and so amazing that this happened (and i was there )

anyway..

Time for another amazing moment.

I have been to Cedar Point only once (so far) but that visit in 07 was interesting.

After arriving at the park/hotel the evening before in total darkness with a power failure for the entire area we managed to get some sleep and line up for Maverick the next morning..

And then this is the view we got...

After a couple of hours of rain and short dry periods all the rides started to open again and there were hardly any lines left in the park.

All credits in a single afternoon is not a bad score i guess (i think the rides started opening around 4pm and the park closed at 10pm)

I'll go back to Cedar Point someday, but it would be nice if something new and interesting would be installed first

It looks like a gigantic tidal wave is approaching.

It pretty much dumped water on us like a tidal wave. I remember getting back to the hotel and having to ring water out of my socks. Even my name badge filled up with water.

It looked like to me mountains covered in clouds but there's no mountains anywhere close to Cedar point.... awesome pics again Hanno.

Agreed. I'm so used to seeing mountains that my mind automatically goes, "Mountains" but I have to keep telling myself that there are no mountains around there. It's really trippy... not sure what it is.

Really cool/weird though!

Even with that freaky Santa, Winter-Mir looks incredible.

I sure wish more inverted Beemers had loop-threading spirals. That is awesome. Must ride someday.

Bug-eating kid on El Toro is indeed very, very funny.

Lake Erie weather is SCARY!!

(Love this thread.)