TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

So, Australia now has a Maurer Skyloop, a S&S El Loco and a revamped SLC. Now we just need a B&M or a good woodie to assure that TPR come back to do another trip here!

I'd personally love to see a GCI in the Wild West section of Movieworld. Not that that will ever happen.

But yeah Im looking forward to riding Arkham Asylum. As Lethal Weapon, I rated it a 3/10 and put it at the bottom of my coaster list, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it can redeem itself, and from what Ive heard I think it can.

Hi everyone. Jordan M and I went to the media launch this morning representing one of the local Aussie coaster groups. Between the two of us we should have some stuff up on here in the next few days. Movieworld has provided us with a POV and were were allowed to use our own GoPros to film ourselves on ride. (they attached it to the back of the first car and filmed us in the second row.)

As ambe_bambe said we both attended the Media Event today, currently writing a blog post detailing the ride and the POV with ambe_bambe will be up shortly.

On board audio is not yet working but otherwise the ride appears complete.

MEDIA RELEASE

Saturday 7 April 2012

Warner Bros. Movie World Launches

Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy!

OXENFORD, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA (7 April 2012) – Warner Bros. Movie World on Australia’s Gold Coast, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, today launched Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy, an electrifying new coaster experience.

Following some terrifying modifications to the 17-year-old Lethal Weapon coaster, the new ride experience will have thrill seekers harnessed into the Ivy League of Insanity, reaching speeds of up to 85km and pulling 4.2Gs.

Village Roadshow Theme Parks Chief Executive Officer Tim Fisher said, “Arkham Asylum’s victims will be begging for mercy as they take on this insane new ride experience, featuring five gut-wrenching inversions and sophisticatedon board audio.

Guests will endure a ride experience like no other on the world’s first Arkham Asylum coaster as they are strapped into a brand new innovative train with awesome upper body movement like never before.

“Only the bravest of riders will enter the Asylum to face one of the most demented criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters,” Fisher added.

Guests can get their dose of shock therapy on Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy from today, but beware; only the craziest of patients should dare to enter the realm of extreme insanity. Arkham Asylum – Shock Therapy is the first roller coaster ever based on a Batman video game, the hugely popular Batman: Arkham Asylum game from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

With a host of exciting new attractions and shows recently opened, including the new GREEN LANTERN Coaster at Movie World and SpongeBob ParadePants at Sea World, the Local’s VIP Pass is the best way to experience the ultimate theme park fun while getting the best value for money.

The Local’s VIP Pass provides unlimited entry to Sea World, Movie World and Wet’n’Wild Water World until 30 June 2012 for the incredible price of just $79.99.

ENDS

Media Contact:

Renee Soutar

Village Roadshow Theme Parks Publicity Manager

All related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.

(s12)

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products

Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world. In January 2012, DC Entertainment, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and Time Warner divisions, launched We Can Be Heroes—a giving campaign featuring the iconic Justice League super heroes—to raise awareness and funds to fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

Well all the reviews seem to say how fantastic the ride is with the new trains. I just hope later down the track they purchase a second train. On the statistics of the ride MW are now claiming the train runs 5km faster at now 85km instead of 80!!

China town is still closed, don't know if its going to stay like that and open up with something new in there or open later done up to Arkham. Also you no longer enter through the original entrance, through the cinema, instead on the side closer to the SE. You don't even go near the cinema now, although the queue railings are still there; so maybe in time they might put a walk-through attraction or another ride!?!?

They have also given their ride loaders orange jumpsuits as their uniform and guard uniforms to the ride operators in the booth.

The park is now also trialling a Fast track system... similar to that of Disney's fast Pass. Parkz did a really good update today of whats happening in the park and the new ride, with photos from the media preview event. http://www.parkz.com.au/update/2012/04/06/#295

Theme Park Coverage also posted a POV, which I think is the one Jordan M. was talking about, given to them by MW, you can also see people riding it (with no head bashing) and the smooth finish thanks to magnetic brakes.

Theme Park Coverage also posted a POV, which I think is the one Jordan M. was talking about, given to them by MW, you can also see people riding it (with no head bashing) and the smooth finish thanks to magnetic brakes.

That video (

) has the POV provided by Movie World and my own footage (filmed with permission) of Amber riding for my GCParks site.

The full update can be seen on my blog.

The full video of Amber riding can be seen on

with a small plea for TPR to return to AUS.

I rode this yesterday. In all honesty, it's more comfortable than Battlestar, because the shoulder straps simply don't neck cut.

It still tracks like a regular Vekoma, but without the headbanging its a pretty cool ride.....I've got no issue with some roughness if there is no headbanging.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how the year after TPR goes to Australia, almost all the parks have now decided to either get a new ride or upgrade some existing rides. Wasn't there like a 5 year span of nothing really happening at the parks in Australia? Awesome.

Jimmy "I miss the Lethal Weapon theming" Bo

Seriously! Who theme's a ride to a Mel Gibson movie? COME ON!

I have to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with it being rethemed to DC comics as over half the parks rides are now DC, including all the major coasters bar Scooby. However, there aren't many Warner Bros franchises that would've worked as most are cool but a bit dated (e.g Matrix), and DC comics are timeless.

Also, I agree all the parks seem to be improving somewhat after TPR leave haha. Movieworld got a new coaster, a revamped coaster and a soon to be announced dark ride, Dreamworld got a new coaster and even Aussieworld are expanding with a new DiskO and Flume ride, and unannounced $1million ride.

When TPR come back I'm hoping they will also be able to ride Australia's first B&M. I can dream

Edited by australianalex

^^

Yes Jimmy it has been a bit of a GO TIME in terms of construction here, an we're not done yet!

What it means though is in a couple years TPR can come back to a swag of new attractions and those that did the last trip will have much to see.

Certainly exciting times for those of us working for the parks.

Aussieworld are expanding with a new DiskO and Flume ride, and unannounced $1million ride.

When TPR come back I'm hoping they will also be able to ride Australia's first B&M. I can dream

And TPR was the first group to ride that new DiskO.

21.thumb.jpg.d39ddeb1cc295d1831057d77325001a1.jpg

But the flume had yet to be built.

I love how the year after TPR goes to Australia, almost all the parks have now decided to either get a new ride or upgrade some existing rides. Wasn't there like a 5 year span of nothing really happening at the parks in Australia? Awesome.

Jimmy "I miss the Lethal Weapon theming" Bo

Seriously! Who theme's a ride to a Mel Gibson movie? COME ON!

I felt the same way after my trip in 2006! Lethal Weapon was terrible then, So I can only imagine how it rode up to last year, but this looks like a great improvement on the ride experience.

I think this is great!

The park's a bit over-saturated with the DC brand, but I'm assuming it will start balancing out in the next few years- if the park adds new attractions. I'm surprised with the Arkham video game theme, but marketing-wise it works well. If WB Games releases a 3rd game into the franchise, WBMW can promote that through the ride, but could also pull the franchise at any moment and create a typical Arkham-theme.

• 1 month later...

Taken from the Warner Bros. Movie World website page, where the announcement for their new ride was posted a couple of hours ago.

"This September, Warner Bros. Movie World will launch an epic 3D interactive ride experience like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Get ready for the most thrilling battle of your life on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

Earth is under alien attack and we need your help! Grab your laser blaster and join SUPERMAN, BATMAN and an army of Super Heroes in a 3D battle against millions of evil alien spores. Your mission is to fight side-by-side with the JUSTICE LEAGUE and save the citizens of Earth. While the battle rages, your transportation pod will keep track of your alien stun score so you’ll know how many you’ve alienated.

Will you have what it takes to be Earth’s ultimate champion? Will you achieve the highest score? This epic battle between good and evil is about to begin and we need YOU! Only at Warner Bros. Movie World this September!"

http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/rides-and-attractions/family-entertainment/justice-league.aspx

Looks like what most people were saying were right, including myself, that this will be a shooting dark ride.

In other news for the park, the Journey to the Centre of the Earth 4D film is out to make for Ice Age, also taken from the parks website.

"This June, get ready for an adventure of mammoth proportions – Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs – The 4D Experience! Our favorite sub-zero heroes, Manny, Ellie and Diego venture into a mysterious underground world after Sid the Sloth stumbles across three abandoned eggs and decides to raise them as his own. Once the eggs hatch, the adventure begins in the lost world of the dinosaurs! Featured in eye-popping 3D with an all-star voice cast, including Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary and Queen Latifah, Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs delivers more thrills, more chills, and more mammoth-sized laughs for everyone!"

422996103_Screenshot2012-05-25at12_17_28PM.thumb.png.fd55fcadddfb27210100cd36de158ae7.png

http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/rides-and-attractions/family-entertainment/ice-age-4d.aspx

Also, their sister park, SeaWorld, are getting a Dinosaur exhibit for the winter school holidays, from their FaceBook page

"Dinosaur Island coming to Sea World! This June, step back in time and discover the long lost world of dinosaurs with a brand new interactive attraction. Get ready for the biggest thing in over 65 million years as you witness dinosaurs come to life on the amazing Dinosaur Island."

Edited by original

Movie World could use a good shooting dark ride. (Then again, I think just about every park could use a good dark ride or two.) May as well get the most they can out of the DC heroes.

Even though we knew the new Spring attraction was going to be a dark ride, I'm pleasantly surprised! This is exactly what Movieworld, as well as any studio park needs - a good dark ride, and Movieworld has been needing a new family ride for a while. I'm sure this will quieten the people complaining about the lame Batman simulator being taken out.

• 2 weeks later...

Rides take a pretty long time to be developed. They don't just decide at the end of a season that they want a new ride for next season, unless it's something that can be easily bought and constructed (like an off-the-shelf Zamperla Power Surge, for example). I'd bet that they've been designing and developing that dark ride for at least three years.