TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the worst B&M/intamin/GCI

sorry me gotta go for Thunder Dolphin as one of the worst

Intamin giga! 4.4G's in 1st drop's bottom's pretty intense

'n gonna make me pass out yeah gonna start to be grayin'

out there!

but for super speed, that giga's real great!

also havin' cool futuristic themed stuff!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst B&M is close between Iron wolf and SUF, which are both at SFGAM. Iron wolf was rough as anything when I rode it this summer and Superman Ultimate Flight was just boring as anything.(I live near sfog which has the better SUF(still not very good though). The one at great america has no good close to the ground swoops and vibrates a lot.)

The worst intamin I have been on was Vertical Velocity. It is not a bad ride at all, I just have only been on three other intamins, and two of them are flat out amazing.

The worst GCII I have been on was Gwazi-Tiger

Worst B&M: Superman:UF at SFoG- The pretzel loop was awesome, but the rides layout sucked...

Worst GCI: Gwazi Tiger.

Worst Intamin: I have only ridden one, and thats Half Pipe at SFEG. Wasn't that bad, although I got a little shoulder pain from it.

Well i've been on 2 pretty crappy B&Ms but Scream at SFMM takes the cake as the worst the back seat actually hurt.

Intamin I would say KingDa Ka if it wasn't for that insane launch the ride would be crap. apprently the GP don't care that the rides layout is unoriginal and needs more to it.

and I haven't been on more than 1 woodie.

Lol, only been on 1 intamin, no B&Ms or GCIs! (Though I've been on a small CCI, and it was ok)

The intamin was steel venom at valleyfair! and it's pretty dissapointing considering Valleyfair! could have had a B&M invert for a little more money and a lot better ride, including higher capacity!

Among the worst:

B&M:

Vortex- PGA

Vortex- PCAR

Iron Wolf- SFGAm (shame, as pre-Mantis restraints it rocked)

Mantis- CP

Chang- SFKK

Batman the Dark Knight- SFNE

(for whatever reason, Riddler's Revenge and Georgia Scorcher are far more enjoyable/rideable than any of their earlier stand ups).

Intamin:

Some of the 1980s installs like the twin standups (SFAW/LaRonde) and Flashback. However, these rides were merely brokered by Intamin, but designed by freelancers (i.e. B&M) and fabricated by Giovanola.

GCI:

Roar- SFA (mostly the PTC trains not being able to handle the curves)

Gwazi- ditto

HP's Wildcat will be interesting in '07 with Mil. Flyer trains

-Mark

• 5 years later...

Wow, random topic idea, but since I do rank, I'll go with it.

Worst B&Ms: Iron Wolf and Vortex (CGA), easily. There are others I'm not a major fan of, but those two are the only ones I rate lower than a 7/10.

Worst Intamin: Um, Jr. Gemini. But believe me, there are plenty of others I don't care for.

Worst GCIs: Wildcat (fun, but no airtime) and, I must confess, Apocalypse (not enough airtime).

Out of those 3 manufacturers, I've only been on coasters by Intamin (5 of them to be precise, all in Australia surprise, surprise). By far my least favourite is Mick Doohan's motocoaster at Dreamworld. It crushes your thighs and has a really boring layout IMO. Jet Rescue at Seaworld is a million times better.

Based only on coasters I've been on...

B&M: Vortex at California's Great America. It is the only B&M that I'll skip if the line is more than two trains.

Intamin: Including every Intamin I've been on, it would have to be Woodstock's Express at California's Great America. Excluding that, it would probably be Disaster Transport, although La Ronde's Cobra is a really close runner up.

GCI: I really like all four GCIs I've been on, but Roar at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is definitely my least favorite.

B&M: Alpengeist...I've been lucky enough to avoid most of the "bad" ones, but Alpengeist was surprisingly average.

Intamin: Skull Mountain

GCI: Gwazi Tiger...haven't ridden it since the train switch but I can't imagine them making the ride any better than Lightning Racer or Wildcat.

B&M: kumba. Maybe I caugh it on an off day or something but it was much rougher than I am used to from them

intamin: green lantern(sfmm). Came off that one feeling like I just got mugged and beat up. Didn't like it at all.

GCI: gwazi I guess. Only been on that and apocalypse

B & M: Iron Wolf - definitely in the "please make it stop" category of coaster, you're doing well if you're standing up after this stand-up coaster.

Intamin: Flashback - passed around Six Flags parks like a newbie in the prison showers, now if we could name one thing Magic Mountain really got right - it was sending in team demo - rust in pieces most mediocre Intamin.

GCI: Gwazi - Jackhammer would have been a more apt name. Vertebrae are no match for soul crushing, should-be-sawdust, cruel coaster.

I've only been to US and Canadian parks.

Worst B&M is Superman: Ultimate Fluff. There are plenty of examples from the past decade of forgettable and uninspired B&M coasters- but S:UF is on entirely different level of suck.

- GCI: American Thunder (Evel Knievel). Not bad, but it's the least impressive GCI of the ones I've ridden. Roar West and Apocalypse have eluded me to this point.

- Intamin: Cheetah Hunt, but honorable mention goes to the two 400+ foot rocket coasters. Ride them once and never waste your time on them again- unless you visit with someone who hasn't ridden it yet, in which case- it sucks to be you.

I didn't include any of Intamin's Family/Child coasters because it's ridiculous to judge them against full size coasters. You don't compare Kia to Aston Martin.

Edited by Ed Farmer

I'll start with what I've been on:

GCI- Gwazi, Renegade, Prowler

B&M- Montu, Kumba, Raptor (CP), Mantis, Patriot, Silver Bullet, Batman the Ride (SFOT)

Intamin-TTD, Millenium Force, Steel Venom, Xcelerator, Disaster Transport

For GCI, it's easily Gwazi. Though I did enjoy that ride with the PTC's, it's still the least impressive one I can think of

For B&M, it's a tie between Mantis and Silver Bullet. Mantis for the pain, Silver Bullet for how boring/underwhelming it is. I did like the overbank though...

For Intamin, I'd have to say disaster transport. I don't hate that ride, like some do. I actually find it really enjoyable. However, it's easily at the bottom of my list as far as intamin is concerned.

Note: As with most, this is just out of what I've been on.

Intamin: Half Pipe (Elitch)-This thing is an evil little machine. I had such an unpleasant experience on it that it put out of commission the day I rode it for longer than the Volare, the SLC, TwisterII, and the Boomerang *combined*.

GCI: Of the three I've been on, Apocalypse is probably my least favorite. Not because it's a bad ride or anything, but it simply doesn't measure up to the savageness of SFDK's Roar or (my #1) Thunderhead.

B&M: Now, I really should be putting CGA's Vortex here, but I feel that this dubious honor really deserves to go to SFMM's Scream. Whereas Vortex is rather old, a standup, and...at CGA, Scream has absolutely no reason to have deteriorated as much as it has, especially considering how the other B&M's in the park and even the three-year-older floorless in the same state are so much...better. And its a pity too, as it started out as a really good ride, but has progressively become so unbearable that I've avoided it for several consecutive visits.

Intamin: Either the Impulse coasters or Fahrenheit at Hershey Park. I find both to be incredibly boring (I'm not counting Jr. Gemini or Skull Mountain because they're designed to be family rides so it wouldn't be fair). Impulse coasters look impressive but do nothing for me, and Farenheit falls into the same category. That's one of the most disappointing coasters I've ever ridden.

B&M: Vortex at Carowinds. Not a bad ride, but not on the same level as most of their other coasters.

GCI: Wildcat at Hershey. It's a beautiful coaster but it's pretty rough.

Out of the one's I have ridden:

Intamin: It would probably be La Vibora, but for a real Intamin I would say Fahrenheit (it just has a boring layout)

B&M: I would say maybe Vortex at CGA/Carowinds (they are both bad)

GCI: Gwazi for roughness and Lightning Racers for boring

Anyone else notice the SIX YEAR GAP between posts on page six? I think this is the worst thread necro I've ever seen..

but since it's already been re-animated...

Intamin: Skull Mountain. There's just nothing to it at all...

B&M: It hurts me to put down any B&M ride, I love all of them I've ridden, but out of all of 'em, I think Batman: The Ride just doesn't hold up as well as its newer family.

GCI: Gwazi. Great layout, so much potential, but like everyone else has said, it's just -so- rough, and I have a pretty good tolerance for rough rides.