TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Hersheypark has sent us a brief advisory about their 105th season!

Hersheypark is now in its 105th season. These two FABULOUS, TALENTED groups of people helped bring everything together for an exciting morning!

DSC00928.thumb.JPG.b3701eea4ffb924e28fb4500788da771.JPG

DSC00936.thumb.JPG.e03b148986f123d35ef7658026686c46.JPG

I don't mind "twisties," it's the quick one direction then a quick turn in the other. For me this creates too much head banging / neck crunching into the OTSR.

Good thing there is no OTSRs. I do see one direction change on the twisty hill thing before the final small bunnyhill, but if I'm correct your talking about the transitions between flat turns like in the beginning of Maverick and on I305. El Toro has those transitions too, but because its just lapbars, there's no possible discomfort!

You are correct sir! I love El Toro, it's my #1 woodie. I can't wait for Sky Rush! I'll be there the end of June. Not sure if I can wait that long...

Went over today and recorded a few laps of it testing in the rain. I'll have an update with photos from yesterday and today up momentarily.

EDIT: For some reason the youtube video won't embed in the post. Could a Mod please fix this for me? Thanks!

That baby is really hauling a$$. Maybe I'll finally like one of the new Intamin coasters. It's all in the restraints... or lack of!

Mmmmmmm the new SDL train.

i honestly don't like the color, reminds me too much of those jackets they make the people doing trash pickups for community service

awesome pictures. Is that all the covering that they will place over the path. This ride packs some serious OMFG speed over hills surely to throw riders up into their restraint like El Toro does over rolling thunder.... This could end up being a ride notorius for projectile cell phones and other miscellaneous unsecured items. Even in that first test video we saw something fly off the train. This is the ride of 2012 IMO

Those straps around the dummies' ankles - they bother me.

I'll ride in an inside seat, so they won't matter; but they still bother me.

You've said many times that you're riding the inside seat. Who cares? Why do you keep mentioning this? Are you only riding once, or do you refuse to ride the outer seats or something?

Also, I'm pretty sure the straps are just for the dummies so the limbs don't flail around in the wind seeing as they don't have a brain to control leg movement, I highly doubt humans are going to have to use straps, lol.

Sit down, strap in, shut up, and get ready for a rush to the sky!

Is the brake run also too high?

Those straps are just for the test dummies.

I think it is really awesome that Hershey has got new trains but am I the only one who is slightly dissapointed that Gerstlauer did not design the new trains with the Schwarzkopf "face" (as I like to call it)?

thumb_2012-05-08_picture1.jpg

The most recent sooperdooperLooper trains are not the originals. They we manufactured by Giovanola, I believe, back in the early 90's.

The originals, seen here, were manufactured by Schwarzkopf, and the new ones are most certainly a throwback to that design.

I think it is really awesome that Hershey has got new trains but am I the only one who is slightly dissapointed that Gerstlauer did not design the new trains with the Schwarzkopf "face" (as I like to call it)?

No, you are not the only one…

I “love” the original (Anton Schwarzkopf) front car “nose” or “face” - as you said - by the first and second generation from the Looping-Racers, and also the portable Loop- and Non-Loop Coasters so much like you do.

Respect for your taste, by the way - with your 16 years! Singer Billy Idol would surely say SWEET 16...!

But all in all (to my opinion), I have to say also: The new fresh train-look from company Gerstlauer Amusement Rides is really O.K. and I like it, no doubt (only lapbars-style and feeling; the headrest-style for example and quite the rest of the new train…), EXCEPT TO the FRONT car with its new designed “NOSE”/”FACE”, which I personally have to get used to it yet/I still have to customize (like you, RollerCoasterSmi)…

What I like really from the new design by the company Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH as well - are the new wheel assemblies in retro-style of the 1970s: OMG…so K!ck @$$: good job… really awesome: Respect!!!

^As a little technical fetishist (like for example QueerRudie and all the others...), I look at (almost) every single detail (as well) - well…

We have to or should note/remind: The Great American REVOLUTION from Sixs Flags Magic Mountain/SFMM, has the first generation “nose” (with the “more straight-line nose”) as we all now…

And so: It COULD be (but I am not sure!), that the new SooperDooperLooper-Trains from company Gerstlauer are a retained style of the “Anton Schwarzkopf-FIRST Generation-Seventies-Nose” and NOT of the SECOND generation “nose” (from the end of the seventies/beginning eighties til end of the eighties…) as for example by the (former) “Doppel Looping”, “Himalaya Bahn”, “Dreier Looping”, Triple-Loop “Mindbender”, “Thriller” or “Olympia Looping”…or the “Silberpfeil”/”Silverarrow”) is… or even the the trains from Double-Loop “Shock Wave” @ SFoT, Double-Loop “M?ndb?nd?r @ SFoG”, "Aconcagua", "Wiener Looping", "Münchner Bahn" and so on, and so on...

But as I said: It’s only a speculation by my side, and not a fact! It could be also, that this new Gerstlauer train style will be the only one prototype.

But to me, I can’t really imagine, because "the custom are king", as we in Germany are using to say (“Der Kunde ist König”)…

But I want to be honest: I guess, a possibly "second generation (roundy) nose (with its two eyes)" from company Gerstlauer could also have a little modification by the original from the former company Anton Schwarzkopf…but as I said: “Keyword” custom wish

But if my words/presumption WOULD be true (in the near future)…so yeah…I am more then curious about the new trains for a retained style of the “Anton Schwarzkopf-Second Generation- (with the more bended or roundy) Nose” with its typically two “eyes”. And of course about the wheel essembly in style of the mid eighties (like for example from 1986, which I like/“love” so much) !

Here is some usefull link from the SCN for the ^fetishists^…

No, really…not bad work, company Gerstlauer!…This makes really hope for further trains [and (inversion) rollercoasters] in style of Anton Schwarzkopf…

I almost said: Off-Topic Regards,

SW7 @ Alton Towers for 2013…

Best regards

Thri!!er

P.S: The new magnetic brakes for SooperDooperLooper @ Hersheypark (like by the Triple-Loop "Mindbender" @ WEM, Edmonton/Canada) are not a bad invention...THIS - I am sure - would love Mr. Roller Coaster, A. Schwarzkopf

Edited by Thri!!er

No, you are not the only one…

I “love” the original (Anton Schwarzkopf) front car “nose” or “face” - as you said - by the first and second generation from the Looping-Racers, and also the portable Loop- and Non-Loop Coasters so much like you do.

Respect for your taste, by the way - with your 16 years! Singer Billy Idol would surely say SWEET 16...!

But all in all (to my opinion), I have to say also: The new fresh train-look from company Gerstlauer Amusement Rides is really O.K. and I like it, no doubt (only lapbars-style and feeling; the headrest-style for example and quite the rest of the new train…), EXCEPT TO the FRONT car with its new designed “NOSE”/”FACE”, which I personally have to get used to it yet/I still have to customize (like you, RollerCoasterSmi)…

What I like really from the new design by the company Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH as well - are the new wheel assemblies in retro-style of the 1970s: OMG…so K!ck @$$: good job… really awesome: Respect!!!

^As a little technical fetishist (like Queer Rudi), I look at (almost) every single detail (as well) - well…

We have to or should note/remind: The Great American REVOLUTION from Sixs Flags Magic Mountain/SFMM, has the first generation “nose” (with the “more straight-line nose”) as we all now…

And so: It COULD be (but I am not sure!), that the new SooperDooperLooper-Trains from company Gerstlauer are a retained style of the “Anton Schwarzkopf-FIRST Generation-Seventies-Nose” and NOT of the SECOND generation “nose” (from the end of the seventies/beginning eighties til end of the eighties…) as for example by the (former) “Doppel Looping”, “Himalaya Bahn”, “Dreier Looping”, Triple-Loop “Mindbender”, “Thriller” or “Olympia Looping”…or the “Silberpfeil”/”Silverarrow”) is… or even the the trains from Double-Loop “Shock Wave” @ SFoT, Double-Loop “M?ndb?nd?r @ SFoG” and so on, and so on...

But as I said: It’s only a speculation by my side, and not a fact! It could be also, that this new Gerstlauer train style will be the only one prototype.

But to me, I can’t really imagine, because "the custom are king", as we in Germany are using to say (“Der Kunde ist König”)…

But I want to be honest: I guess, a possibly "second generation (roundy) nose (with its two eyes)" from company Gerstlauer could also have a little modification as the original from the former company Anton Schwarzkopf…but as I said: “Keyword” custom wish

But if my words/presumption WOULD be true (in the near future)…so yeah…I am more then curious about the new trains for a retained style of the “Anton Schwarzkopf-Second Generation- (with the more bended or roundy) Nose” with its typically two “eyes”. And of course about the wheel essembly in style of the mid eighties (like for example from 1986, which I like/“love” so much) !

Here is some usefull link from the SCN for the ^fetishists^…

No, really…not bad work, company Gerstlauer!…This makes really hope for further trains [and (inversion) rollercoasters] in style of Anton Schwarzkopf…

I almost said: Off-Topic Regards,

SW7 @ Alton Towers for 2013…

Best regards

Thri!!er

P.S: The new magnetic brakes for SooperDooperLooper @ Hersheypark (like by the Triple-Loop "Mindbender" @ WEM, Edmonton/Canada) are not a bad invention...THIS - I am sure - would love Mr. Roller Coaster, A. Schwarzkopf

I do like the face style you are describing and didn't a new train not too long ago feature that style? Like this..made by Anton's son....This style is classic and timeless...

And the newer First generation Revolution type trains...

Thank you, Tmcdllr and thanks - “once again” - for your posting, RollercoasterSim.

Oh yeah…the designs from “Mr. Roller Coaster” (Anton Schwarzkopf) are really classic, cult and (->consequently->) TIMELESS - so true.

But don’t get me wrong, I have no problems with other tastes, everyone has its own taste and favourite, which is totally fine and makes the world more interesting …

I respeak gladly by the new SDL-Trains: Really good job/work for the “very beginning” by company Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH, which is in charge right now/ is in its own governing! […]

BTW: I forgot something – “Skyrush” is a really fantastic rollercoaster with a Kick-A$$ layout!

^I call it the “Golden-Yellow - in style of the Golden Gate Bridge – Lifthill-Coaster” *only a little bit joking*.

And the “famous” curve, you all were talking and “fighting” about the definition: Well, I call it the “SooperDooperCurve”!

No - in fact – it’s an amazing curve, which is also offride an eyecatcher!!