TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

Looks awesome. Glad they finally got around all the red tape that hippie politician always puts up whenever they want to add any new attractions.

Exactly. Glad the city of San Diego decided to play nice. Even though this park only has a handful of attractions there's still plenty to do for a full day IMO.

Looks awesome. Glad they finally got around all the red tape that hippie politician always puts up whenever they want to add any new attractions.

I'd have to say Donna Frye leaving office in December, 2010 and the Coastal Commission giving the go ahead in February, 2011 were no coincidence.

Wen I was down at Point Loma this weekend checking out the University there, they mentioned that the city has capped their enrollment and I immediately thought of SeaWorld a few miles away.

http://www.insideseaworld.com/fresh-new-logo-seaworld-san-diego-skytower-how-d-they-do

The SeaWorld San Diego Skytower just had a little work done! The 320-foot tower was recently painted, which means the SeaWorld logo on top also needed to be replaced. So how exactly does our team get a logo way up on the top of that tower? Thanks to the GoPro camera, we are going to show exactly how they do that. Our lucky team of three scenic craftspeople started before the sun even came up and placed not just one but two logos on the Skytower. Caution, if you are scared of heights, you may want to make sure you are sitting down for this:

Today, April 30th, 2012, is the last day of the last month without Manta. Tomorrow, everything changes...

And to actually add something to this post:

A job posting recently surfaced mentioning duties of a "Club Atlantis Show Host".

The seaworldsandiegoauditions website says "We are seeking male and female performers to be the interactive hosts for Club Atlantis, our high-energy, teen-focused dance party at SeaWorld San Diego. Age range portrayed 18-35 years."

Location is to be the Arctic Plaza, near JTA.

Job Posting Here

I don't know what to expect or what I think about this, but hey, it's news

Quick weekend update, plus cool shot of Manta cars in testing

IMG-20120505-00665.jpg.c3064caae1717a754c4f33769ac144df.jpg

Pathway on the left has been closed. Usually you can use this to get around Rocky Point, but now you have to go THROUGH that area. Looks like they're working on the main entrance as seen in the artist concept

IMG-20120505-00668.jpg.936c9ff7cbe2d11245845946b4837677.jpg

Good progress on queue and station

IMG-20120505-00653.thumb.jpg.cf4e38d1b44e80c948f3d961279a7763.jpg

Action shot - with weights

IMG-20120505-00652.thumb.jpg.fcf51b12fb71adc57b8041ef847c3289.jpg

Even better action shot, with empty cars! (such an awesome car design)

^Yes I agree love the trains

This ride just keeps looking better and better and I'm also liking what i'm seeing in the testing videos, of course it's not 1000 mph rip your face off but it looks to be speedier then I thought it was going to be. Looks to be the perfect blend of thrill and family and this will get me back to SWC to try it out, it's been like 20 years since the last time I've been to this park.

I don't know if anybody's seen this video yet, but it's a great video of the ride testing from great angles. It looks like a fantastic addition to the park, and the layout looks quite fun.

But listen to those wheels!