Photo TR: Drayton Manor (Page 19)

Is this the best park in England?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Re: Photo TR - Texas Giant Bash 5/14

Postby Jojo19799 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:45 pm

I will not be making the same mistake on the NE trip! I think our group kept trying to get over to Shockwave, and as usual I got everyone unfocused and never made it there until ERT. But, SFoT is such an awesome park, even if I did get all the credits I would go back.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Photo TR - Texas Giant Bash 5/14

Postby BrandonR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:52 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:I'm glad someone else loves S:TOP! I could swear I keep hearing it's overrated, but it's one of my favorite towers. It was running a long, thrilling program when I rode, although this isn't always the case.

From what I've heard, the summer's extreme heat (which can definitely extend into spring or fall) forces it to go into a spaceshot or turbo drop mode, not the combo mode that does both.

Jo My Oh!

SFGAM 2012 Opening Day

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Hey fellow TPR readers! I am back to update you guys with my first 2012 trip report, which includes Six Flags Great America opening day!

There were a lot of changes around the park, some little (new shops) and the obvious (X-Flight). Overall, I felt that the park improved over last year. Paths were cleaned, new staff that were really friendly and knew what they were doing, and stuff like that. The weather was on our side, as it did not rain, but it was cold and foggy. Crowds were typical, with SFGAM's opening day discounts, everyone was rushing to get a season pass (which was the longest line of the day). Most of the rides were the same as last year, East River Crawler is gone for the season, Iron Wolf too. Viper and American Eagle were running as smooth as last year. But for some odd reason, American Eagle's mid-course breaks were off and we were flying through the latter half the ride.

I'd just like to say that I had one of the most fun days with the TPR Gang: Jon, Cameron, Griffin, Nathan, Ryan, Jo, and Patrick.
DSCN0963 [800x600].jpg
As soon as we entered the park, we went to Batman for our first ride of the season. And as soon as we get off, I noticed you can see X-Flight right there. It's weird seeing that there, instead of Deja 'Vu.
DSCN0965 [800x600].jpg
Taken from V2's station. You see that it was on the verge of raining, but Great America kept the rides going even with the dense fog passing through. Operations were good too.
DSCN0967 [800x600].jpg
"Screeeeeee!!!" It's just as good without the holding brake.
DSCN0969 [800x600].jpg
The remains of Iron Wolf's station. I'm glad that they moved the Karaoke away from the Farmer's Market... I was tired of hearing bad singers while eating food.
DSCN0972 [800x600].jpg
X-Flight. Seriously, this ride looks amazing. You might see the photos and go "Ehhhh, Wild Eagle is better" but this ride is a lot more pretty.
DSCN0975 [800x600].jpg
ENTRANCE SHOT. This is the fourth inversion on the ride.
DSCN0983 [800x600].jpg
The park still plans on connecting the trains again, once they get the track installed. This is what it looks like at the moment.
DSCN0984 [800x600].jpg
You can usually see Chicago from Giant Drop, but it was way to cloudy to see beyond the park.
DSCN0985 [800x600].jpg
Raging Bull had a full queue, so we didn't ride. Not my favorite ride.
DSCN0990 [800x600].jpg
Directly vertical drop.
DSCN0991 [800x600].jpg
Probably a picture everyone takes when they visit SFGAm.
DSCN0996 [800x600].jpg
Giant Drop had a problem with one of the carts, but operations were good all around the park.
DSCN1003 [800x600].jpg
SFGAm has the original Batman, which opened in 1992. And since it's now 20 years later, lots of anniversary decorations were put around the ride to commemorate it.
DSCN1005 [800x600].jpg
For some reason, this train has wheel covers. The other train does not have them for an odd reason.
DSCN1007 [800x600].jpg
Antique Cars are still here. I hope they do something with the cars, or at least move them somewhere around the park. But by the looks of it, the cars were sitting there all off-season.
DSCN1020 [800x600].jpg
Here's just a bunch of photos of X-Flight testing.
DSCN1023 [800x600].jpg
Keyhole element.
DSCN1024 [800x600].jpg
Drop. (duh)
DSCN1028 [800x600].jpg
The inversions on this ride are taken by a little slow, but still cool.
DSCN1036 [800x600].jpg
More shots.
DSCN1037 [800x600].jpg
The sign! I know, interesting.
DSCN1038 [800x600].jpg
I don't really know what to say.
DSCN1046 [800x600].jpg
Viper is new this year, it's a B&M Hyper.
DSCN1050 [800x600].jpg
Another Raging Bull shot.
DSCN1055 [800x600].jpg
Here's a ground shot of Hometown Square. By the end of the day, all of the Season Pass craziness died down since the computers shut down.
DSCN1057 [800x600].jpg
And I feel that Whizzer is a must to including in trip reports. Especially for all the Schwarzkopf lovers out there.

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Photo TR - SFGAM Opening Day

Postby galindoverhere » Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Glad to hear you had fun Jer! I never knew SFGAm had the original Batman, and X-Flight looks so AWESOME! Anyways, nice Photo TR...
- Chris G.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat May 05, 2012 8:06 pm

So weird to see Iron Wolf's old stomping grounds like that. Almost as if nothing changed if you just take a quick glance. If you took the last three coasters SFGAm has gotten rid of and started a new park with them, it'd be a damn good park.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CoasterKings908 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Great Photo TR Jer! X-Flight looks amazing, wish it was at my "local" Six Fags park. By the way, thanks for the picture of Whizzer!
"I'm more enthusiastic for theme parks and crap than a six-year-old is for Christmas!"

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am

Great pics. Might still be some time before I'll get my hands on a B&M wingrider. Also like that they keep the old Arrow-trains over there. Here most have been replaced with 1st gen Vekoma-trains which are even worse. But the brand-new Vekoma-trains with these rubber-like OTSRs should be manadatory for all Arrow/Vekoma-loopers - with those these coasters are real fun.

I LOVE GUACAMOLE

Postby Coupon » Sun May 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Great photos Jer! X-Flight looks AMAZING! Hope you enjoy riding it once it open! :D

A not-so-awesome title

Postby molemaster43 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Awesome Photo TR. I really like those X-Flight photos, especially the one where it is going through the control tower.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive