TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Goodbye to Speed: The Ride at the Sahara (Vegas)?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I am still so angry about how they ended that show!!!!

Josh Duhamel

OH my gosh I lovvvved that show! It is seriously the only television series I have ever watched every episode of. Not Friends. Not CSI. Las Vegas! I was also totally bummed when they ended it.

Anyways, back on topic. It's a good thing they are relocating this ride because it truly is the best coaster in Vegas. Maybe they'll put the station next to the Bella Petto pool? Will Mary be training in the ride-ops?

I am pretty stoked this ride was saved.

I will wait until they actually start rebuilding it before I get excited. To many ideas get started with lack of funds and never finish.

How are those pieces of MGM Grand's old Lightning Bolt doing, Bob?

^I am still so angry about how they ended that show!!!!

Josh Duhamel

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! I just watched yesterday and I am left in utter disappointment as I have been such a follower of Las Vegas! That being said, I really hope Speed is saved. Great attraction that does not deserve a death. Perhaps a more main stream location... and price... will give Speed a better life if it is to get built again. BTW, I look forward to meeting a lot of you this summer!!!

I don't think the ride really needs to switch out the restraints. Yah the lap-bar only ones on other premier rides are great but Speed was also probably the smoothest of that style ride and not to mention the transitions flowed more than jerked on other ones. It would be nice but honestly it was such a solid coaster with them on with minimal headbanging that I don't see why it'd be necessary

I am pretty stoked this ride was saved.

I will wait until they actually start rebuilding it before I get excited. To many ideas get started with lack of funds and never finish.

Especially with this being in Vegas.

I love that my terrible joke has led to nearly two pages of discussion. It really was an amazing show and the coaster should be themed to it.

I would be okay with Sam Marquez: The Ride while it looks like some of you would be satisfied with Danny McCoy: The Ride.

^It was tagged pre-demolition. I was in Las Vegas two months ago and stayed at the Strat. On my way to the strip I noticed that it had already been tagged.

Such a sad site to see. Hopefully that end of the strip gets some love in the future.

Wow, I completely missed the relocation news until now. The modifications to the layout sound pretty exciting. This would've been (and might still be) a rather unfortunate missed credit, so I hope everything works out!

• 5 months later...