TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

WHY CAN'T THEY TAKE THAT PADDING OFF???

Because Hersheypark doesn't want the paint to get scratched, or else enthusiasses will complain. Oh wait, they will find something else to complain about anyway.

What's the closest enthusiasts have come to being fully satisfied with a coaster?

What's the closest enthusiasts have come to being fully satisfied with a coaster?

That is akin to finding the holy grail.

Youre too generous. I think you mean the holy grail that spills forth the fountain of youth when you tip it over. That sounds a bit more close.

I don't know what you guys are on about, I'm completely satisfied with riding Lightning Racer all day. If I don't hate a coaster, I won't complain and I'll just ride it over and over again.

Saturday, May 26th is the published opening day, which is always subject to change.

To meet that opening date won't they have to start testing pretty soon?

How long does it usually take to test/what are the requirements?

Testing time varies greatly. The manufacturer (In this case Intamin) will have their programmer/mechanical engineers do a series of tests and they will do a certain amount of cycles before "handing" the ride over to the park so they can do their own testing. During the parks testing is usually when state inspectors will come out and do their inspections and have the park make any necessary changes so that it can be approved for riders. Each state has different requirements for amusement rides.

I believe that our group was told back in February (has it really been that long? I'm old!) that they wanted one hundred hours of testing for each train. They could probably do that over the course of three weeks.

^^^^ I've said it before but I love your posts!

You may be in the minority here.

IN other news - things are looking quite promising!! Don't know when I'm going to get back to Hershey - but SkyRush is making me feel a tugging in that direction!

Saturday, May 26th is the published opening day, which is always subject to change.

Really hope Hersheypark sticks with this date...planning on surprising my brother and taking him to the park. He turns 13 on May 26th, so why not kick off his teenage years with a ride on Skyrush on it's opening day! Now that's what I call a cool birthday present.