TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

What does everybody think of the Fast Track punch card thingy? I can't say I'm too impressed. You only get to jump to the front of the line ONCE for the rides on the card. From a picture cited on Screamscape the cards have Stormrunner, Sidewinder, Wildcat, Wild Mouse, Lightning Racer, Comet, Great Bear, and TrailBlazer.

I'll probably buy when I go in June just becuause it will be a rare trip for me, but for something that costs about the same as a Six Flags Q-bot yet you can only ride each ride once, the punch card seems pretty crappy...

I have never been to the park before so this would work out great for me. Having only one day to spend it would mean I get a chance to do everything at least once. For people who go to the park multiple times per year it is not such a great deal.

I feel that way about Quick Queue at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I don't feel compelled to buy it because I visit the park pretty often during the season, but it is handy if I have to hit Howl-o-Scream on a Saturday night with guests.

I agree that the punch card is OK for someone who's never been to the park before.

I have to agree that I'm underwhelmed with Hersheypark's skip the line feature.

IMO, there are three stand out coasters at Hersheypark: Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and (soon) Skyrush. The skip the line pass only allows you access to one of these. While I understand Skyrush not being on the pass for its opening season, I think that Fahrenheit should be on there, especially since you can only use it once per ride and only a limited number are sold, so it wouldn't affect the stand by line too greatly.

So what... I can pay $50 to skip the line once on the boomerang? The Wild Mouse? I guess Great Bear is a plus... Meh.

Hershey is still new with the line skipping thing so once they figure it all out I am sure they will make improvements. Currently, I do not like what they are offering. I wish more parks would do like Cedar Fair and The Great Escape and just have a bracelet you buy and can use anytime all day by just going up the rides exit.

but that two-car train on the track looked awfully like what they might use for a pull through.

Or that the picture was taken before they put the rest of the cars on.

Exactly. They already had one train put together in the transfer shed, and they were loading the second on the track in that picture.

but that two-car train on the track looked awfully like what they might use for a pull through.

Or that the picture was taken before they put the rest of the cars on.

Exactly. They already had one train put together in the transfer shed, and they were loading the second on the track in that picture.

Or it's being used for a pull through:

It's nice to see pictures of the maintence crew working on the tracks for the Superdoperlooper (The ride I had to miss during the Springtime in the park and was forced to rideThe Merry Derry Dip multiple times in a silent protest), and I have high hopes that coaster will be up and running by the time I return to the park on June 2.

I also have high hopes that I'll be able to ride The Storm Runner and Fahrenhite as well, but will SKYRUSH be up and running as well?

By the way, if you like my coloring of this thread, here's a dance for you . . .

If you don't, here's my dance for you . . .

"Please stop coloring your posts and stop dancing and come back to bed!"

Uh, your posts are getting creepier and creepier by the second, dude.

I had thought that the inner seats had a really high heartline, and they do! It should make riding in the inner seats that tiny bit more intense than in the outer ones.

That train looks so awesome! I assume the station has a moving floor, like for the B&M floorless coasters?

I don't think so. Intamin never uses moving floors on any coasters, not even impulse models. A similar coaster, Baco, also doesn't feature retractable floor and works perfectly well.

Was in the park today for an event and they were working on the pull through all day. Last I saw they let the train roll down from the middle of the really over banked turn near the first drop around 2:30. It started raining around 5:00, not sure how far they got before it hit. It's really hard to see the big chunk of the ride from anywhere in the park, but what you can see looks awesome.