TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^Perspective. The reach envelope is in front of the catwalks, so it's overlapping in the picture but isn't hitting them. You can see where it is in the picture of Comet Hollow taken from the Skyride (fifth picture down), and it hasn't moved from that picture for the one you're talking about - it's still on that small set of brakes just after the turn over Comet's station.

Hopefully we will see testing soon now that it's reached the brake run, though! Seriously looking forward to it.

Also, is there any say of whether they're leaving Comet's line like that or covering it at all? It'd be nice to have a cover again over the main portion, like before that Skyrush support just next to the ramp.

^I paid more attention to the fact that as most people couldn't see over the wall until the end of the queue, it felt like the park was attempting to separate the guests from each other, and now it seems more inviting, relaxing, and aesthetically pleasing.

Plus, that former exit ramp is finally gone. I really like the way Comet turned out as a result of the Hollow revamp.

I'm glad they decided to open up more space in the Hollow, so this certainly isn't a complaint by any means, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to build small row of game stalls from the edge of the new Comet queue up to the curb next to the Skyrush station, to minimize the change to the area. I'm glad they went for the trees and midway practically right under the brake run instead.

I can't wait to see this thing start testing...I'm already looking forward to my visit to ride it!

I ended up with two extra tickets to the Northrop Grumman employee appreciation day this Saturday, April 21st and wanted to offer them up here. It's a closed park event so that means small lines and apparently all the business types end up leaving early. I'm assuming all the rides that were open during Springtime in the Park will be open (and who knows, maybe SkyRush will be testing ).

Gates open at 9:30, park opens at 10:00 and closes at 6:30. $40 a piece, $75 for the pair. We'll be heading to the park for 9:30, so we can arrange to meet at the entrance plaza around then to do the exchange.

Edited by Milo1188

Didn't they change the menu at the BBQ place or something? I seem to recall them taking away some really good menu items.

dt

Now that you mention it, I heard that they had changed food providers (or something).

If you are talking about the place down by Trailblazer, yes they did change the food providers last year. It's not actually "pit" roast beef anymore. You used to be able to get a roast beef sub piled with meat but now you just get a roll with 2 slices of roast beef. That place was always my favorite to eat at

^Freeman's BBQ used to be one of my favorite places to eat at any amusement park. I didn't try the BBQ last year since my one trip to Hershey was with TPR and included a catered lunch. All my other food money was spent on sweets, ice cream and Hershey's take on s'mores.

^Freeman's BBQ used to be one of my favorite places to eat at any amusement park. I didn't try the BBQ last year since my one trip to Hershey was with TPR and included a catered lunch. All my other food money was spent on sweets, ice cream and Hershey's take on s'mores.

One of my favorites too, I actually ordered the new sandwich and got the "small roll with 2 slices". I felt I had to get the sandwich but when I went to pay, they said "$8.00 something". For me to say I didn't want it is a big deal but there was no way I was paying that.

Skyrush looks amazing and can't wait to check it out in June!

I found some interesting pictures of the trains, some i haven't seen before. All credit goes towards the American Coaster Enthusiasts for the pictures.

And a picture I found of the envelope over the railings to show that all is well. Picture taken by mattyland on the Forum Parchi Divertimento

http://coastercommunity.altervista.org/community/viewtopic.php?t=1474&p=43949

Class trip on June 4! As I still cannot drive, this will be my first chance to ride the new hotness. Sky looks absolutely sick, and I hope it'll run like I305. Really does seem like a 200-foot version. Also, those winged outer seats look amazing, and I cannot imagine skimming across the ground with your feet dangling.

Of course, I still have to give StormRunner and Lightning Racer some love, but Sky's at the top of my list right now.

Class trip on June 4! As I still cannot drive, this will be my first chance to ride the new hotness. Sky looks absolutely sick, and I hope it'll run like I305. Really does seem like a 200-foot version. Also, those winged outer seats look amazing, and I cannot imagine skimming across the ground with your feet dangling.

Of course, I still have to give StormRunner and Lightning Racer some love, but Sky's at the top of my list right now.

For me I know I'll like SkyRush better than I305. I do love Intamin, but not a fan of the quick direction changes of their rides now (I305, Maverick, etc.) I'm really more of a fan of B&M lately... Baby I'm ready to goooooo...

Lightning Racer is my #2 wood fav., and don't forget about Fahrenheit.

Okay, this thread is officially getting boring.

Where are Sooperdooperlooper's new trains?!?

That is what I have been wondering. Also, with the close up of the lift hill, why does the top of the rail look like it has been ran on alot??

^^They already did a pull-through with a reach envelope, there isn't really a need for them to run trains through as well. When they did the Maverick pull-through, I know that they attached the reach envelope to a train with only two cars for the pull-through. But since they already sent the reach envelope around, there's no reason for them to do it all over again, so the next logical step is testing!

^It hasn't been run on a lot, there's just a strip that the wheels ride on. Been there since manufacturing.

What does everybody think of the Fast Track punch card thingy? I can't say I'm too impressed. You only get to jump to the front of the line ONCE for the rides on the card. From a picture cited on Screamscape the cards have Stormrunner, Sidewinder, Wildcat, Wild Mouse, Lightning Racer, Comet, Great Bear, and TrailBlazer.

I'll probably buy when I go in June just becuause it will be a rare trip for me, but for something that costs about the same as a Six Flags Q-bot yet you can only ride each ride once, the punch card seems pretty crappy...

What does everybody think of the Fast Track punch card thingy? I can't say I'm too impressed. You only get to jump to the front of the line ONCE for the rides on the card. From a picture cited on Screamscape the cards have Stormrunner, Sidewinder, Wildcat, Wild Mouse, Lightning Racer, Comet, Great Bear, and TrailBlazer.

I'll probably buy when I go in June just becuause it will be a rare trip for me, but for something that costs about the same as a Six Flags Q-bot yet you can only ride each ride once, the punch card seems pretty crappy...

I have never been to the park before so this would work out great for me. Having only one day to spend it would mean I get a chance to do everything at least once. For people who go to the park multiple times per year it is not such a great deal.

I like the punch card option as it is a happy medium that appeases two groups.

Those who want to make a credit run through the park.

Those who get upset with people using a cut the line system to ride multiple times over an over.

I've purchased the Quick Queue at both Busch Gardens during Halloween Events just to assure I get rides on everything.

However, I wouldn't purchase if priced higher than $25, if higher priced I would expects less limitation on the number of uses.

^^They already did a pull-through with a reach envelope, there isn't really a need for them to run trains through as well. When they did the Maverick pull-through, I know that they attached the reach envelope to a train with only two cars for the pull-through. But since they already sent the reach envelope around, there's no reason for them to do it all over again, so the next logical step is testing!

The pull through is also to check how the trains can articulate through all the curves in the track. I remember back when they were doing the Xcelerator pull through that a lot of attention was paid to the joints between the cars. On this ride, they might also want to check how close the outside seats get to each other while the train is articulating. Then again, on KK I don't remember them doing a pull through with real cars. We'll have to see, but that two-car train on the track looked awfully like what they might use for a pull through.