TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^Thank you

^ Are line cutting measures really supposed to increase capacity? I remember Disney did it to cut down on people waiting in lines for rides and spend more time in lines for merchandise/food. Most other parks seem to be doing this for extra revenue than anything else, which is why they're usually pretty expensive.

While that looks fine on paper in practice it doesn't work since instead of shopping or eating people are stuck in line for rides that move even slower than before.

This isn't RCT we're talking about. If people are going to eat or buy something at a theme park, they're going to do it regardless of when/how long they are in line. If anything they are going to ride less coasters so they can eat.

Now can we all just let this go? If you want to boycott the park because of FastLane, then DO IT, don't go, and I'll enjoy the shorter lines

I wish the park would announce something else already so people can start bitching about it and we can move away from talking about FL and how it is ruining the park. According to their Twitter, some kind of announcement should be coming soon about 'Luminosity'.

^Wait til you see the end product! This is something the park has needed for a while now. The old closing show just wasn't cutting it and last years version of it really showed that.

LUMINOSITY - Powered by Pepsi, is now OFFICIAL

http://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/luminosity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLyyRuzoHZk

LUMINOSITY

When the sun sets on another day of thrills at Cedar Point, guests will be treated to an encore of entertainment unlike anything they've seen or heard before. Luminosity, Powered by Pepsi transforms the atmosphere of our midways with lasers, lights and pyrotechnics.

Cedar Point wants you to experience a perfect ending to a perfect day and be immersed in the electrifying atmosphere of Luminosity.

Celebrate Your Day

Designed to capture the imagination of all ages, Luminosity is the perfect way for guests to celebrate together after an action-packed day at Cedar Point. Luminosity will come to life shortly after dusk and bring guests on a journey through land, sea and space. After a dazzling display of pyrotechnics, a DJ cranks up the dance hits, turning the midway into a dance party. Request some of your favorite songs and dance into the night under the sparkling lights of Luminosity.

Pulse Racing Beats

Heart-pounding rythms from top performers such as Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull and Britney Spears will coax even the most reluctant dancers from the sidelines. They'll take a cue from flash mobs who will make surprise appearances throughout the day to give guests a glimpse of what's to come. A cutting-edge sound system will pump Luminosity's music through the midways, energizing the crowd.

Celebration Plaza

The "Iron Dragon Midway" is being transformed to Celebration Plaza. The Luminosity stage runs parallel to the midway, creating great viewing angles from all areas. Enhanced food and beverage stalls surround the plaza and make Luminosity a great place to relax with a snack and drinks. Exclusive V.I.P. seating will also be available in our Pepsi Fan Zone. Look for ways you could be invited to join the fan zone by following Cedar Point and Pepsi on Facebook & Twitter.

Transforming our Midways

The Luminosity experience transcends beyond Celebration Plaza. A new state-of-the-art lighting package on our main midway immerses our guests in the experience and elevates the atomosphere of the park. A second DJ stationed at the famous Ballroom will invite families to join the party before they make their way to the gate. Several rides will also receive updated lighting this year. New lights on Giant Wheel, Millennium Force and Power Tower will illuminate the iconic Cedar Point skyline.

Luminosity will take the stage June 8th, igniting each night through August 19th

Lumo-banner-11.jpg.975fcc2ad141ee1677123f9976f989b1.jpg

I'll be there the Monday-Wednesday after the opening weekend for this so I'm excited to check it out. It definitely looks better than the old show and I have to give Cedar Fair credit for coming up with a cool name and logo!

And yes, if another Cedar Fair park were to get this, I agree Knott's should be the next one.

Looks like a pretty cool show! And their nighttime show was something that definitely needed a breath of fresh air.

Quick question - does Cedar Point still have the Starlight Spectacular back in Frontiertown? I looked on their website and didn't find anything. And if they do, is it up and running when the park opens in May? Just curious, as my wife and I loved the one at Kings Dominion last summer.

Looks like a pretty cool show! And their nighttime show was something that definitely needed a breath of fresh air.

Quick question - does Cedar Point still have the Starlight Spectacular back in Frontiertown? I looked on their website and didn't find anything. And if they do, is it up and running when the park opens in May? Just curious, as my wife and I loved the one at Kings Dominion last summer.

This question was asked during the Pointbuzz off-season event, while they were discussing luminosity. And they said yes, it is staying.

They probably aren't going to mention it very much, and might not even call it the "Starlight spectacular" anymore, because they want the entire nighttime focus to be on luminosity. But I think leaving it in is a good idea. FrontierTown used to be really dark to walk through at night before they added this last year.

I am a hardcore coaster rider and I really only go to parks to strictly ride coasters, but I must admit I really love walking through the starlight experience. It's one of my very favorite things about night life at CP. I liked it a lot more than the stupid fireworks shows in past years, which progressively just got worse. Starlight adds a wonderful ambiance to the area and it really makes you feel peaceful, regardless of what you're day's been like.

They probably aren't going to mention it very much, and might not even call it the "Starlight spectacular" anymore, because they want the entire nighttime focus to be on luminosity. But I think leaving it in is a good idea. FrontierTown used to be really dark to walk through at night before they added this last year.

I personally think that they should just ditch all the PEANUTS props and just keep the lights within the trees and buildings. This would make is seem more unified with Luminosity and it would simply just be twinkling lights all over the place rather than a separate "Starlight Experience". I liked the simplicity of KD's Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular because they focused on the lights rather than all the random props like other parks in the chain (except Wonderland).