TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

As for load/unload procedures, I'm guessing the station queue gates are further back from the trains to allow passengers to get off and exit through a sort of exit queue? Can anyone speak from other Wing Riders?

On The Swarm, you get on the train as normal by waiting at the gates in rows. Then when the ride has finished, you get off and walk to the front of the train where the exit path will be. After all the people have cleared the exit path, then the gates open for the next riders.

The roof is complete !!!

[attachment=0]getoneshot.jpg[/attachment]

I was not expecting a tensile roof structure. The initial concepts conveyed the idea of corrugated curved roofing. Odd choice, no?

Now that I look back at the technical rendering, the current structure is very different from the station as originally planned. I wouldn't be surprised if what you see right now is a temporary structure to protect the trains and equipment from the elements while testing commences.

Look at the series of black beams protruding from the side of the station - those show evidence of a permanent station that will take this current shelter's place.

Edited by Golfie

So this has nothing to do with X-Flight, but I was looking at SFGAm on Bing maps and noticed that they have added cool outlines of where all the rides in the park are. This must be new because I've never seen it before, and it doesn't seem to have been added for any other parks I've seen on Bing maps. Thought it was kinda cool.

sfgam.png.607e7d6c4658b65217a1a035597a445d.png

Taken by Duane Marden. In the lower left hand corner you can see the former Skeeball. Is it possibly Leather Xcessories which was talked about at No Coaster Con?

I took a similar picture on our tour. That (and I'm going off of memory), is the photo pass booth. The exit queue will come out right there.

A couple of things....

Yes that is the station. It actually resembles a military hangar which uses tarps like that for the roof. You can find pictures of real ones online and someone posted a picture of one on sfgamworld too.

There are no trims and if there were that doesn't mean they are going to be like Bulls because it's not Raging Bull obviously.

The old skeeball is where the exit/photo booth is.

Those go karts get a ridiculous amount of business now compared to the old location. Maybe some trees would help it look a bit better?

Yes that is the station. It actually resembles a military hangar which uses tarps like that for the roof. You can find pictures of real ones online and someone posted a picture of one on sfgamworld too.

Well that sucks. Not to diss any military aficionados, but something more solid would have better suited the permanent nature of a roller coaster installation while still capturing the spirit of a hangar (refer to the preliminary renderings).

Well that sucks. Not to diss any military aficionados, but something more solid would have better suited the permanent nature of a roller coaster installation while still capturing the spirit of a hangar (refer to the preliminary renderings).

I'm not bothered by it, if it fits in well with the rest of the ride.