Major League Baseball Thread

Post Your Thoughts
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Major League Baseball Thread

Postby chrisdanger » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 am

A) Good news the Magic Show is taking over the Dodgers, they'll need to start rebuilding confidence w/ the public and drop ticket prices ASAP

b) The Texas Rangers actually look like they'll win the pennant in October. Seeing that we've been skunked the past two seasons, the team needs to move from getting to the series to actually winning it..

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 am

This is the first time in quite awhile that I don't think anyone has any expectations for the Cubs. It's kind of nice knowing there's no way they'll compete, so I'm not going to be emotionally vested into them this year.

No longer TPR's Rock Band expert!

Postby thrillgeek » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 am

Yes the A's lost the first game of the season to the Mariners. I call it first game jitters. I mean they were in freaking Japan for crying out loud. They had one of the best cactus league records this spring and I think this first game might have been a fluke.

On a side note.... My SF Giants are going to make the playoffs because they will stay healthy and because of the extra wild card system. :lol:
The San Francisco Giants are the 2012 World Series Champions!!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't think that Pujols and Fielder had that big of an effect on the NL Central, so I don't see drastic changes from last year. It'd be nice "not" to see the Pirates in 5th and 6th place spots and I want to see the Astros do better. It will keep the Cubs, Brewers and Cardinals in check instead of just being the whipping boy of the division. I have no pity for the Cubs, I remember all too well when they owned the division like the Cardinals do now.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Hotlanta » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:32 pm

chrisdanger wrote:A) Good news the Magic Show is taking over the Dodgers, they'll need to start rebuilding confidence w/ the public and drop ticket prices ASAP
They just paid 2 BILLION DOLLARS. Most sports economists predict that it is atleast 750 million more than the market price. There is no way they can reduce prices.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: In a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Perfect Game for Phil Humber of the White Sox. Since 2007 Mark Buehrle has thrown a no hitter*, a perfect game, and now Phil Humber looks like he'll take his spot with Buehrle down in Miami.

*This no-hitter would have been a perfect game if it weren't for one walk- to Sammy Sosa. Buehrle promptly picked Sosa off at first, so he still only faced the minimum 27.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri May 04, 2012 5:38 am

It looks like it might be the end for Mariano Rivera.

He tore his ACL last night in pre-game warmups and is likely out for the season. After the game he made it sound like he was planning to retire after the season was over so it's very likely the end of his hall of fame career. I hate to see him go out this way, he deserved so much better than this.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Hotlanta wrote:
chrisdanger wrote:A) Good news the Magic Show is taking over the Dodgers, they'll need to start rebuilding confidence w/ the public and drop ticket prices ASAP
They just paid 2 BILLION DOLLARS. Most sports economists predict that it is atleast 750 million more than the market price. There is no way they can reduce prices.

TV deal is going to make that back on its own. Especially with Fox Sports and Time Warner fighting for the rights.

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Fri May 04, 2012 4:00 pm

coasterbill wrote:It looks like it might be the end for Mariano Rivera.

He tore his ACL last night in pre-game warmups and is likely out for the season. After the game he made it sound like he was planning to retire after the season was over so it's very likely the end of his hall of fame career. I hate to see him go out this way, he deserved so much better than this.

They released another article on MLB.com
Hold the music on 'Exit Sandman.' Mariano Rivera's knee injury may be season-ending, but he vows it will not end his career.

Rivera, the game's all-time saves leader, tore the anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in his right knee on Thursday. He said on Friday that he plans to do everything in his power to come back for another season.

"I'm coming back," Rivera said. "Write it down in big letters. I'm not going down like this."

Therefore it may not be the end as we previously thought?

LINK: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120504&content_id=30375790&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Can take balls to the face

Postby paintballer » Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Poor Mo :(

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random