TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Major League Baseball Thread

PhishyBrewer

AL Central just got roughly 275 pounds heavier. I've heard of teams having to patch a hole due to injury (Victor Martinez), but this is something else. Prince Fielder going to the Tigers, 9 yr/$214 million. Once V-Mart gets back in 2013, they say they're going to move Miguel Cabrera to 3B. That'll be a thing. I doubt it'll get to that though, and either MCab or V-Mart are shopped eventually.

White Sox, Twins picked the right time to embark on a rebuild. KC is always rebuilding, and Cleveland is a non-factor. Unless Verlander vanishes from the earth, don't see much uncertainty in who walks away with the AL Central. Blindfolded.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Tigggers sure are ready to rake aren't they? Well thanks for taking Fielder and Pujols out of the league.

Kinda sad when you spend so much money and can't re-sign a guy like Kuroda, or someone like Beltran/Oswalt/Pena/some kind of retread that is worth while. Nope you end up with a bunch of guys who weren't even that good 5 years ago. But whatever, we will all celebrate when we get a new owner/GM like it's 1988!

Some people just like to take on new challenges also. He has already accomplished basically all there is to accomplish with the Cardinals, so he deemed it time to move on and help a different franchise reach the ultimate goal.

Yep, there are 250 Million new things to "accomplish" in Anaheim. Oh please, it's fine to do what they do, but when they try and come up with these shenanigans I would have stayed in STL personally, but i bet the wife was nagging him to go to Anaheim.

AL Central just got roughly 275 pounds heavier. I've heard of teams having to patch a hole due to injury (Victor Martinez), but this is something else. Prince Fielder going to the Tigers, 9 yr/$214 million. Once V-Mart gets back in 2013, they say they're going to move Miguel Cabrera to 3B. That'll be a thing. I doubt it'll get to that though, and either MCab or V-Mart are shopped eventually.

White Sox, Twins picked the right time to embark on a rebuild. KC is always rebuilding, and Cleveland is a non-factor. Unless Verlander vanishes from the earth, don't see much uncertainty in who walks away with the AL Central. Blindfolded.

Don't underestimate Detroit - We've been known to pull things out of our sleeves that alot of fans don't expect. Contract modifications and resigning galore, Batman! The summer game in 2012 is going to be very, very interesting to say the least. This is the year Verlander pitches his perfecto - bringing us what was rightfully ours afew years ago finally to us.

KC's always been a non-factor - they just can't get their act together. One team I can see making noise in the NL Central is Pittsburgh, they made some last summer. But this year? We'll have to wait and see - I see a winning record for that franchise in their future.

The AL West will be a power battle this year - I remember when that division wasn't a threat or was a minor threat at best. Now it's become a powerful and contending division - watch out!

• 2 weeks later...
This is the year Verlander pitches his perfecto

Verlander is awesome, hands down the best pitcher in the game- but this is the year I expect to see his arm fall off from years of throwing way more innings than he needed to. If it doesn't, then it should be clear to everyone that he comes from somewhere else, and the black helicopters can come for him one night.

Were about 5 weeks out from the start of the 2012 season. I can't wait!

My Red Sox may still need some starting pitchers, but I'm definitely looking forward to opening day. (It's a new year, and anything can happen)

This new season has moved a lot of talented players into new teams, so this year should be interesting.

Everyone has the teams they like, so let's hope the owners of those teams have made the best off season acquisitions that will enhance their ability to represent their city and fans in the World Series.

Bring on the new year!

^^Babying pitchers probably leads to more injuries! Throwing a baseball is about the most un-natural motion possible for the human body. Building up a tolerance to it helps reduce the risk of injury.

Nolan Ryan (who is making sure his pitchers are not babied in Texas) pitched for 27 years with no issues...

Has anyone been following the historic comeback of pitching legend Kenny Powers? After completely disappearing from the league and sliding into anonymity 4 years ago Kenny made a return to organized baseball last year pitching for a rag tag team in Mexico. He's now back in the minors throwin heat for the Myrtle Beach Mermen trying to smoke me into the big leagues once again. His next start should be televised on HBO this Sunday at 10 pm, check him out.

403054_10150512238316721_64386671720_8964257_631485313_n.jpg

Your F***in OUT !

• 3 weeks later...
Were about 5 weeks out from the start of the 2012 season. I can't wait!

My Red Sox may still need some starting pitchers, but I'm definitely looking forward to opening day. (It's a new year, and anything can happen)

This new season has moved a lot of talented players into new teams, so this year should be interesting.

Everyone has the teams they like, so let's hope the owners of those teams have made the best off season acquisitions that will enhance their ability to represent their city and fans in the World Series.

Bring on the new year!

Don't worry you can have Matt Cain next season, he wants to much money and wont even consider and hometown discount. If we don't trade him mid season he will be a free agent. and you know hes going Yankees or Redsox.

Prediction time! Angels over Tigers, dunno bout the rest.

Yankees will do well in April till summer, then slack a bit, and then pick it up in August, just like always.

Rangers will make it to the ALCS, but I have a feeling they ain't gonna make it past that.

Sox's....well who cares about them anyway

I haven't seen much Spring ball, since I'm following March Madness and the day games during the week are half over when I get home. But both the Pirates and Indians have too many setbacks already and that's not good.

Chipper Jones just announced 2012 will be his final season. Even though we all know the end was near, it is a sad sad day. Always a team first player. Took multiple pay cuts to accommodate the team's shrinking budget. Changed his position when inferior players were brought into play his position. Always took less money to make sure he stayed in a Braves uniform.

These days we are lucky if our favorite athlete is on our favorite team for five years. Larry Wayne Jones gave us Braves fans 19 great years.

BTW, someone needs to take over the Mets ownership from Larry Jones.

The national media will always bow at the altar of the unselfish Derek Jeter but i never saw him switch positions when the Yankees acquired a better SS than him.

Chipper is One of the most underrated players of all times and the second best swing i saw personally after Griffey Jr.

^At least in my encounter with him, he was a jerk. A few years ago when I had dugout club seats at Dodger stadium (the season he flirted with .400), he totally blew off all the fans waiting for him outside the visitors clubhouse. Brian McCann and Mark Teixeira were both super friendly.

Besides, he's got nothing on Tommy Lasorda when it comes to team loyalty.

Chipper was a hell of a player, but since he played for a division rival, I never liked him.

Also, i have a bad feeling about my Phils this season, we have a first baseman probably being rushed back way too soon, a second baseman who's in a really steep decline, a shortstop who thinks he's a power hitter when he's not, and a third baseman who's missed 60 games over the past 2 seasons and doesnt produce much offense. Hopefully the pitching staff can carry us until the infield is healthy, but i kinda doubt that will happen.

A) Good news the Magic Show is taking over the Dodgers, they'll need to start rebuilding confidence w/ the public and drop ticket prices ASAP

b) The Texas Rangers actually look like they'll win the pennant in October. Seeing that we've been skunked the past two seasons, the team needs to move from getting to the series to actually winning it..

Yes the A's lost the first game of the season to the Mariners. I call it first game jitters. I mean they were in freaking Japan for crying out loud. They had one of the best cactus league records this spring and I think this first game might have been a fluke.

On a side note.... My SF Giants are going to make the playoffs because they will stay healthy and because of the extra wild card system.

I don't think that Pujols and Fielder had that big of an effect on the NL Central, so I don't see drastic changes from last year. It'd be nice "not" to see the Pirates in 5th and 6th place spots and I want to see the Astros do better. It will keep the Cubs, Brewers and Cardinals in check instead of just being the whipping boy of the division. I have no pity for the Cubs, I remember all too well when they owned the division like the Cardinals do now.

A) Good news the Magic Show is taking over the Dodgers, they'll need to start rebuilding confidence w/ the public and drop ticket prices ASAP
They just paid 2 BILLION DOLLARS. Most sports economists predict that it is atleast 750 million more than the market price. There is no way they can reduce prices.