TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shane's Amusement Attic

First of all: Happy New Year 2012 to All of You, Elissa, Robb & TPR-Team!!!

Great as ever, Shane! I appreciate it very...

I'm looking *Shane's Amusement Attic* since about 2007 (as a guest) here by ThemeParkReview.com and was really lucky and happy, to found this in the Internet!- And not only this of course...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we are on the subject of Raging Wolf Bobs, let’s take a Super 8 trip back to Geauga Lake for a look at the Corkscrew and a POV ride on Double Loop. Wow, this little park had quite a coaster line up for 1978. Not only did they do back to back to back coaster for 1976, 1977 & 1978 (Cyclone, Double Loop, Corkscrew). They followed up the first Double Looping roller coaster with another steel looping coaster in the next year…take that Cedar Point!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Geauga_Lake_5ogg[/coastertube]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Shane, awesome video! Just curious, what did you use to transfer your super 8mm films to your computer? Did you send it into some where or did you DIY? I have been on a vintage video kick and have been finding a way to transfer super 8mm videos without paying up the ying-yang to get them processed. Thanks.

[AA]

Any Six Flags Stuff from SFGAdv, SFMM, or SFGAm?

At the top of the page, type the park name in the "search this topic" box.

1st of all, There's nothing else since the 70s to now?

2nd, There's some Marriott stuff but nothing on Six Flags Great America.

Shane's stuff tends to be fairly dated(that's what makes it so fun). Six Flags didn't buy Great America from Marriott until around '91 or '92, so anything you see for that park is likely going to be Marriott not SF.

Hey Shane, awesome video! Just curious, what did you use to transfer your super 8mm films to your computer? Did you send it into some where or did you DIY? I have been on a vintage video kick and have been finding a way to transfer super 8mm videos without paying up the ying-yang to get them processed. Thanks.

[AA]

I had a company named Homemovie.com transfer my Super 8 to DVD as well as onto a hard drive. I had to ship them all the film and purchase a hard drive to store it on once all the transfer was done. It is an expense, but otherwise all that great super 8 footage was essentially no good…I mean who wants to pull out the old projector, screen and deal with threading the film and then rewinding. Now I just hit play on the computer and the world can enjoy.

I hope that helps. They did a great job and the turnaround time was pretty quick.

This thread is full of all sorts of win! Seriously, what a treasure. It's hard to believe that you have a bunker THAT full to keep on going to! So neat to look at, and read about, a lot of these long forgotten parks....I'm certain that many, like I, would have loved to have a guy like you in our local area to chronicle some of the country's other lost gems.

Congrats on the huge thread, incredible amount of views, and hoarding ability mate! And to think you do it all without giveaways!

Loving it, will be sad when your stash runs dry...though by that point I'd guess it will be like painting the Golden Gate, we can just go back to the beginning and start again.

• 4 weeks later...
My wife works at the former Aero World site on the Qualcomm campus. That's SD's high tech heart, but it could easily have gone elsewhere so long as it was close to UCSD. It's a shame this park never came together. SD has a proud aerospace heritage. On top of that the park looks freaking cool. It would have been a great complement to Sea World, which will never become a true amusement park.

I had the opportunity to tour the former site 3 years ago and was surprised by all the Qualcomm buildings, many in places that would have been locations for rides at Aero World. I thought it somewhat ironic that one of the companies there, with a large sign, was Curtiss Wright Corp. We had planned a major exhibit/show on the Wright Brothers and have had several Curtiss planes on display including famous P-40 Flying Tiger. A tiny salute to AW! Meyers Jacobsen, designer

• 2 weeks later...
Any Six Flags Stuff from SFGAdv, SFMM, or SFGAm?

This is a great post on all the early Six Flags parks:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=504977#504977

That was from 93. I was talking about when you left Paramount to Work for Six Flags.

Also there's nothing from SIX FLAGS Great America when Six Flags Owned it.

^ Um... You do realize that souvenir booklet clearly has a section for SFGAm when SF owned it. Right?

Yeah... Not Really. Allow me to Quote:

"Well you are probably expecting to see something on Six Flags Great America now, but I haven't found my file with all the good stuff on that park yet. But while looking for it I did come across more great stuff on Circus World which will be my next big post.

Hopefully I will come across my Great America stuff soon because that really was a beautiful park back when it first opened. Well as a matter of fact it still is a beautiful park!

Happy New Year everyone!

Shane"

Look at Page 30 for proof. 2nd Post from the Top.

He said "Hopefully I will come across it" as in, he hasn't found stuff yet. When he finds enough good stuff, I'm sure he'll post it.

He did post a great MGA update a while back which included both Santa Clara and Gurnee parks a few years ago, but that's about it. Since info about those parks from the early years is hard to come by, it's a great read.