TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Already planning on doing horror nights orlando and busch gardens haunt event but I might need to also make some time for this one. Sounds like they are really going to pull out all the stops for the big 40th. Everything I heard at wcb sounded great. I also loved the slide that took a shot at twilight.

Dominion of the Dead would be a great name for Kings Dominion's Haunt.

That's exactly what a thought when I heard the name (or atleast a tagline/slogan since BGW's Howl-O-Scream: "Dark Side of the Gardens" worked well). It would be a good replacement for their Medieval Macabre maze atleast.

Anyways back on topic, I LOVE this concept as it is very unique from other Haunts around the country. I wish more parks would be like Knott's and give enthusiasts sneak peaks of Haunts. Just another reason why Knott's is so awesome!

So on sunday i decided since it had been a week, id go and see if all the changes at WCB had been just for us enthusiats to give the park good free advertising or if they are real. And i have good news:

Yeah the music still sucks. Other then that, the park is still awesome. Silver bullet was down to one train, looks like 2 rows were torn apart, and with ghostie, xcellerator and sierra sidewinder still running 1 train, all the big coasters were 1 train ops. But still good crews were cycling through fairly fast. We had a 3 train wait on bullet, 4 train wait for front car on xcell, 2 train for back car, no wait for monte, no wait for the rapids. Otherwise it was just like WCB, clean, friendly service, and strange music. I still dont understand the reasons behind the music decision but i am with gregg, the rest of the park is really doing well, and in such a sharp contrast to the park to the north that im willing to let it slide for a bit.

Yeah, I went to knotts this past Sunday and was rather impressed with their operations. It looked like they had one manager walking around everywhere checking up on everything. We were the only ones to ride the giant swing and she walked up through the exit and asked us how our ride was. The employees seem to be happier and more efficent than the the park to the north.

This is simply my perspective.

So on sunday i decided since it had been a week, id go and see if all the changes at WCB had been just for us enthusiats to give the park good free advertising or if they are real. And i have good news:

Yeah the music still sucks. Other then that, the park is still awesome. Silver bullet was down to one train, looks like 2 rows were torn apart, and with ghostie, xcellerator and sierra sidewinder still running 1 train, all the big coasters were 1 train ops. But still good crews were cycling through fairly fast. We had a 3 train wait on bullet, 4 train wait for front car on xcell, 2 train for back car, no wait for monte, no wait for the rapids. Otherwise it was just like WCB, clean, friendly service, and strange music. I still dont understand the reasons behind the music decision but i am with gregg, the rest of the park is really doing well, and in such a sharp contrast to the park to the north that im willing to let it slide for a bit.

Glad to hear the park is being kept up. About how crowded is the park on an average Tuesday or Wednesday? I know that they probably only run one train on every ride but I was wondering how long the lines are?

Knott's has sent us a press notice regarding this year's Physics Days!

Fourteenth Annual Knott’s Theme Park Physics Days – Knott’s will host 7,000+ students from over 100 schools throughout Southern California on two days in March. Physics Fun Days are filled with hands-on science-related activities including a variety of learning contests and games centered on the Park’s thrill rides.

NEW FOR 2012 –HAUNT FX

Knott’s Halloween Haunt Technicians will reveal some of their horrifying Haunt robotics. It’s a science class gone demented with Knott’s special effects staff showing off such creations as:

• Barfing Betty
  • Pneumatic Monkey Guns
  • Alien Pop-Up
  • Skeleton Band
  • And more!

WHEN: Thursday, March 1 and March 8, 2012

• Exclusive Park Time for Participants: 8:00am – 10:00am
  • Haunt FX: 10:00 am to 2:00pm
  • Paper Power Tower Construction Contest: 9:00am – 9:45am
  • Conversion Conundrums/Fermi Questions: 10:00-10:45am
  • Paper Airplanes for Accuracy: 12:15pm-1:00pm (Boardwalk Ballroom)
  • Buoyancy Challenge: 1:00pm-2:00pm

Edited by jedimaster1227

It totally looks like Knott's went all out this year for TPR, so sad I missed yet another West Coast Bash!

I will totally do whatever it takes to make it to Knott's next year.

It looks like everyone had a total blast!!!

Thanks for posting!

Really love the extra touches like snoopy wearing a WCB shirt and the bandit show during the photo. Definitely impressed...wish I made it to KBF this year instead of SFMM!

Does anyone remember what ride used to be in that building during the non-haunt period?

thumb_dsc_0694_2.jpg

Looks like the building that housed Whirlpool. The ride was later renamed "Headspin" when they converted the area to The Boardwalk. The ride was relocated and the building was removed to make way for Perilous Plunge. Also known as Wilderness Scrambler when it was moved to the Wild Water Wilderness area.

Or is it something else?

EDIT: Okay, I did remember correctly. Here is an image of the ride/building that I just googled. What a darn good match too! (the fact it happens to be done up for Haunt)

Image courtsey of: http://bear-ytales.blogspot.com

Edited by metrock

Glad to hear the park is being kept up. About how crowded is the park on an average Tuesday or Wednesday? I know that they probably only run one train on every ride but I was wondering how long the lines are?

i tend to only be able to get down to Knotts on weekends, but if the rides are walk ons on weekends i cant see it being that bad during the week. One train ops on most rides is the norm so thats what i would expect.

Yeah, Whirlpool was a lot of fun! Having an "indoor flat ride" like that on the West Coast was amazing. I think it was the last of it's kind in California. I can't think of any other indoor flat ride with a cool lighting package on that coast anymore. Sad days!

--Robb