The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P.864 - Scary Farm Halloween Haunt 2014 New Mazes!!
Users viewing this topic: KnottsBerryMountain and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:13 pm

New for 2012 at Knott's Halloween Haunt - 40th Anniversary...

DOMINION OF THE DEAD!!!

Some of you may have been at the West Coast Bash haunt presentation when Brooke Walters announced a new version of Dominion of the Dead for Halloween Haunt 2012. If you haven't seen the video yet of the presentation, check it out here....

YouTube Videolink

As for the presentation we were given, below are the slides, and they pretty much speak for themselves. Dominion of the Dead is one of the most popular mazes of Knott's past (it used to be in the old Whirlpool building in 1995) and for the 40th Anniversary of Haunt, the designers have brought back to life a new version of this popular maze! The new version of the maze is going where Lockdown used to be. Check it out....

(click on the images below for larger versions)
DSC_0667.JPG
Brook Walters unveils plans for a new Dominion of the Dead at Knott's Scary Farm's 40th Anniversary in 2012.
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0590.JPG
Here's a close up of some of that concept art.
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0677.JPG
And the slide show begins....
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0681.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0683.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0687.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0694.JPG
Does anyone remember what ride used to be in that building during the non-haunt period?
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0696.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0701.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0704.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0707.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0710.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0712.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0718.JPG
Love this slide!!!!
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0720.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0734.JPG
This maze will go where Lockdown used to be.
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0737.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0742.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0752.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0754.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0758.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0762.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0765.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0774.JPG
Viewed 5058 times
DSC_0779.JPG
Looking forward to the 40th Anniversary! Thank you Knott's for the announcement at West Coast Bash 2012!

Thanks to Emily Rivas for the video and Dan Angona for the photos.
Viewed 5058 times

My brain is often hibernating.

Postby -Edge of Beast- » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm

It seems to bare resemblance to WoF's Dominion of Doom because of the dark-gothic vibe. Although, this seems to be an actual maze. I like it though, oughta be a good fit for Knott's!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:32 pm

I usually avoid all Haunt related stuff like the plague (not my thing) but I gotta say, that looks really awesome! Major props to Knott's for such a neat concept!
Steam|Xbox Live: Mooco2

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” -Jeremy Clarkson

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Dominion of the Dead would be a great name for Kings Dominion's Haunt.

Anyways, this seems to be another great addition to Halloween Haunt as Delirium was.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Can't friggin' wait for this. The original Dominion was one of my favorite Haunt mazes so I'm thrilled it's making a comeback.

It will fit quite nicely with Delirium (much more than Asylum did).

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby x2isawesome » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Already planning on doing horror nights orlando and busch gardens haunt event but I might need to also make some time for this one. Sounds like they are really going to pull out all the stops for the big 40th. Everything I heard at wcb sounded great. I also loved the slide that took a shot at twilight.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:03 pm

XYZ wrote:Dominion of the Dead would be a great name for Kings Dominion's Haunt.

That's exactly what a thought when I heard the name (or atleast a tagline/slogan since BGW's Howl-O-Scream: "Dark Side of the Gardens" worked well). It would be a good replacement for their Medieval Macabre maze atleast.

Anyways back on topic, I LOVE this concept as it is very unique from other Haunts around the country. I wish more parks would be like Knott's and give enthusiasts sneak peaks of Haunts. Just another reason why Knott's is so awesome!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 pm

I had to miss this presentation, so thanks for putting all this up...

PSYCHED! This looks totally badass and I have no doubt that Knotts is going to rip it up for the 40th.

Seven months to wait... *sigh*
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby buckaroo234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:48 pm

So on sunday i decided since it had been a week, id go and see if all the changes at WCB had been just for us enthusiats to give the park good free advertising or if they are real. And i have good news:

Yeah the music still sucks. Other then that, the park is still awesome. Silver bullet was down to one train, looks like 2 rows were torn apart, and with ghostie, xcellerator and sierra sidewinder still running 1 train, all the big coasters were 1 train ops. But still good crews were cycling through fairly fast. We had a 3 train wait on bullet, 4 train wait for front car on xcell, 2 train for back car, no wait for monte, no wait for the rapids. Otherwise it was just like WCB, clean, friendly service, and strange music. I still dont understand the reasons behind the music decision but i am with gregg, the rest of the park is really doing well, and in such a sharp contrast to the park to the north that im willing to let it slide for a bit.

We love you Monte, oh yes we do. We love you Monte, you know its true. When your not near us, were blueeeee. Oh Monte we love you!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby DefinitiveDetour » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, I went to knotts this past Sunday and was rather impressed with their operations. It looked like they had one manager walking around everywhere checking up on everything. We were the only ones to ride the giant swing and she walked up through the exit and asked us how our ride was. The employees seem to be happier and more efficent than the the park to the north.

This is simply my perspective.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!