TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Why does it matter if they paint Stinger, Invertigo, Leviathan the same colors? All the rides are at different parks... hundreds of miles away from each other.

I for one would love KD to paint a ride in this color scheme, Ricochet would look awesome painted those colors as it would match its new neighbor Windseeker great! Bring on the aqua and royal blue Cedar Fair!

Why does it matter if they paint Stinger, Invertigo, Leviathan the same colors? All the rides are at different parks... hundreds of miles away from each other.

Since I happen to be near-infatuated with those color schemes, I am all for it, even just for the pretty pictures.

The new color scheme was a nice surprise when I checked my Facebook earlier, and I'm glad to see the park continuing with the general upkeep that's been happening the past few years. The small things can be just as important as new rides, and they go a long way toward making the park look spiffy.

I for one would love KD to paint a ride in this color scheme, Ricochet would look awesome painted those colors as it would match its new neighbor Windseeker great! Bring on the aqua and royal blue Cedar Fair!

For the love of humanity no!!All of a sudden I'm having nightmares about seeing anaconda painted in these colors yuck!!!

Kings Island has sent us a high resolution photo of Invertigo's re-paint work along with this info:

Work has begun on giving the Invertigo roller coaster at Kings Island a new paint scheme. The track will be painted aqua with royal blue supports. Invertigo has given 7,648,847 rides since its debut in 1999. Its record year was 2000, when 647,837 rides were given.

Invertigo_001.thumb.JPG.aa7d5cfcc45496dfb1d688ee83ef6c5a.JPG

Wow. Not surprised though. I remember being blown away by Tomb Raider when it first opened (for an amusement park). The overall ride was intense and the effects were great. I remember riding it 5 times in a row on my first King's Island trip (I LOVE top spins!). When I returned a few years later, after the Crypt transformation, it was such a disappointment. No pre-show, first row chopped off the gondola, no theming/show during the ride and a very weak ride program.

I'm really impressed with Cedar Fair's overall park upkeep. They've done a lot of little things around Canada's Wonderland over the past few years. One of the first things noticed was repairing parts of the mountain and getting the top 2 waterfalls working again. I'm glad that is continuing across the entire chain. It's one thing to add tonnes of new rides but a completely other thing to keep up the old while adding new. I'm sure the new paint job will look great when it's done.

With Crypt officially closed I wonder if they'll add a standard Top Spin or one of Huss' suspended Top Spins in the future. Would look good somewhere along Coney Mall, like where Skylab used to be.

I doubt they'll add another Top Spin, probably a few more flat rides, possibly even a small coaster, but know one knows exactly what's going to happen to the new space...

This is completely wishful thinking on my part, but I wouldn't mind if they found a way to recycle part of the queue as a tunnel on a new Shoot-the-Rapids/Pilgrim's Plunge type flume. That stretch of midway seems to break the flow of Rivertown as it stretches back toward Beast, even as un-western as Rivertown currently is.

Wow. Not surprised though. I remember being blown away by Tomb Raider when it first opened (for an amusement park). The overall ride was intense and the effects were great. I remember riding it 5 times in a row on my first King's Island trip (I LOVE top spins!). When I returned a few years later, after the Crypt transformation, it was such a disappointment. No pre-show, first row chopped off the gondola, no theming/show during the ride and a very weak ride program.

I'm really impressed with Cedar Fair's overall park upkeep. They've done a lot of little things around Canada's Wonderland over the past few years. One of the first things noticed was repairing parts of the mountain and getting the top 2 waterfalls working again. I'm glad that is continuing across the entire chain. It's one thing to add tonnes of new rides but a completely other thing to keep up the old while adding new. I'm sure the new paint job will look great when it's done.

I'd have to agree about the little things that matter,like KD renovating the paths by replacing the blacktop with pavers for instance.