TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

To add to that, the inverted coaster that's proposed for Phase 2 looks to be a clone of Gröna Lund's Kvasten coaster, which is a Vekoma suspended family coaster.

Seems that the actual plans for this site are more ambitious than I initially anticipated!

^Yeah, it's very much a Vekoma family suspended.

Hopefully the new additions can help to get this park up to speed with the Fun Spot over on I-Drive (at least, I assume that one is much more crowded than this one).

This one already has the added benefit of not being next door to Old Town.

Does anyone spy the double-down after the turn around of the wooden coaster?

It looks to me more like a double-up heading in to the turnaround. But given the limited perspectives available to us, it could certainly be either.

Either way, looks like a great ride.

The second layout picture, from the back side, shows that it's a double down! Just follow the track carefully. It has a small airtime hill before the turnaround, and a double down coming out of it.

It looks to me more like a double-up heading in to the turnaround. But given the limited perspectives available to us, it could certainly be either.

The second layout picture, from the back side, shows that it's a double down! Just follow the track carefully. It has a small airtime hill before the turnaround, and a double down coming out of it.

It's definitely a double down.

Got It! Turns out that I had seen the spot correctly, but missed the crossover of the outbound track under the return. That explains my confusion. I'm onboard now - double-down it is.

^ I will be a very regular visitor as well. I can see myself doing a thousand laps on this coaster, it looks like a solid ride. It is on the small side drop wise, anyone have a guess at top speed. Also, the ride looks Gravity Group, right? Would it not be a very big deal for GCI to build a hybrid, I know they are capable but would it be a departure from philosophy or anything?