TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

^Don't worry too much Brian, I think it's safe to say we'll be at Europa Park on an official TPR Trip every other year!

All TPR trips should include add-os to Liseberg and Europa.

^Brian, just join it now. You know you want to. Going into a spiraling debt isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to seem, it's just media hype .

Pshh, if I had any credit cards or could get a loan, I wouldn't hesitate! But, I lost my job right after the NE trip and still don't have one, so credit cards, loans, and everything else that has to do with money is pretty much out of the question. I'm barely paying my bills. I'm still hoping the lottery comes through, haha. If I were to win Mega Millions, I'd join every TPR trip!

What an awesome layout

Here're the newest pictures form GCI's FB album:

421172_10150559620134095_23030364094_8783654_544278104_n.jpg.3735eb92282e8850fcd10a3a84608024.jpg

This gap represents the last bents needed to stand to complete the circuit (except for the transfer building).

419683_10150559620434095_23030364094_8783656_328541583_n.jpg.9be555b37596c159407510047082e994.jpg

Starting to track the Blue Fire curve.

395580_10150559620794095_23030364094_8783660_1042648664_n.jpg.aaee386f9aa8c45e3759c944aa2888e3.jpg

A view of the ride from the Blue Fire curve.

419653_10150559621034095_23030364094_8783662_1213131091_n.jpg.de387289c730baa320af1a50d2205407.jpg

The Blue Fire curve.

432216_10150559621274095_23030364094_8783664_320829815_n.jpg.ec94b9594977fa626b776a608ca4f4aa.jpg

An aerial view of the station and Blue Fire curve.

420892_10150559621474095_23030364094_8783666_806319318_n.jpg.801fd315fb6a0ace62ca83121714ff3b.jpg

Looking inside the "barrel structure" from above.

Source

^Sounds like you should sign up for the TPR Europe Trip! Do all of that and more!

I'd absolutely love to, but unfortunately due to my young age I can't One day though.

Also, sorry for going off topic, but how do the trips work if I have to fly from Australia? Would I fly to America then with a group to Europe, or from Australia straight to Europe?

I think it really opened my eyes to follow the thread about the wood coaster poll. I was wrong thinking that GCI`s would typically be great at delivering intense air...i really thought it was normal for them.

So..."Wodan" will probably be a more of typical GCI than I thought...loads of fun...but kind of "tame".

If I am allowed to ask...just out of curiousity and impatience : Do you...(and I´m especially inrerested in the opinions of very experinced people like Robb, Elissa, Larry & Co...) expect "Wodan" to be a top notch coaster ? Probably a top ten ride ? Or will it rather be plain fun with just a littlebit of thrill ?

What do you guys expect of it ???

^Judging by the drop alone, I think you're looking at a pretty thrilling, albeit short-in-length, ride. There was a graphic dozens of pages ago that showed this drop in comparison to Terminator's (SFMM) first drop, and this one is both taller and steeper. From what I remember from Terminator last summer, that drop was my favorite part, especially in the back seat. The speed you gained around the first curve that kept picking up as you came to the drop was surprising, and to be thrown into the drop after that was amazing. So this ride definitely has that going for it!

Then you throw in the tunnels, headchoppers, the amazing theming, the interaction with other rides...so it's got the atmosphere and such going for it too. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some decent airtime on each of these hills. It's not that GCI doesn't provide airtime - it's that their airtime is either prolonged floater, or abrupt but VERY short-lived. So on the smaller hills you'll be thrown from your seat, but only for a split second, and on the taller hills you'll probably float over - granted, this thing is huge and the hills get smaller pretty quick, so we'll have to see how it rides!

^Judging by the drop alone, I think you're looking at a pretty thrilling, albeit short-in-length, ride. There was a graphic dozens of pages ago that showed this drop in comparison to Terminator's (SFMM) first drop, and this one is both taller and steeper. From what I remember from Terminator last summer, that drop was my favorite part, especially in the back seat. The speed you gained around the first curve that kept picking up as you came to the drop was surprising, and to be thrown into the drop after that was amazing. So this ride definitely has that going for it!

Then you throw in the tunnels, headchoppers, the amazing theming, the interaction with other rides...so it's got the atmosphere and such going for it too. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some decent airtime on each of these hills. It's not that GCI doesn't provide airtime - it's that their airtime is either prolonged floater, or abrupt but VERY short-lived. So on the smaller hills you'll be thrown from your seat, but only for a split second, and on the taller hills you'll probably float over - granted, this thing is huge and the hills get smaller pretty quick, so we'll have to see how it rides!

Thanks a lot ! That was exactly the kind of precise feedback I was hoping for

I think it really opened my eyes to follow the thread about the wood coaster poll. I was wrong thinking that GCI`s would typically be great at delivering intense air...i really thought it was normal for them.

So..."Wodan" will probably be a more of typical GCI than I thought...loads of fun...but kind of "tame".

If I am allowed to ask...just out of curiousity and impatience : Do you...(and I´m especially inrerested in the opinions of very experinced people like Robb, Elissa, Larry & Co...) expect "Wodan" to be a top notch coaster ? Probably a top ten ride ? Or will it rather be plain fun with just a littlebit of thrill ?

What do you guys expect of it ???

Personally I think it will be a very fun, perfect family thrill ride. Europa will also take this to a whole other level. (Themeing, operations, etc.)

GCI's are just not my type of coaster. They are GREAT rides though and the public and most enthusiasts will love this ride. Keep in mind that the middle seats on this ride will have a pretty low height restriction so don't expect any insane G Forces or anything (not like you'd find that on any other GCI's anyway). It will be nice, fast, and smooth.

I'm picturing a slightly bigger Joris en de Draak.

Looking forward to riding it this summer! (But I'd be surprised if I ride it more than two or three times...I mean, there's a Raclette stand nearby!!!)

^ I agree with all of this. Here is what I wrote in the wood coaster poll thread, and I think it also applies here:

I really feel like GCI delivers a REALLY SOLID "B+" ride. I kind of wish they would go a bit more aggressive with airtime, but that's also coming from someone who ranks "Abrupt Airtime" as my favorite feature of any coaster. I guess I can totally see why someone who is less into extreme airtime and more into changes of direction or the sense of speed would rank GCI's a bit higher.

But if you're in the camp that LOVES Intamin ejector air, Gravity Group ejector air, you'll probably find most GCI's to be a bit tame, yet VERY enjoyable.

If you're in the camp that loves B&Ms gracefullness and the ability to produce some forces while still delivering a solid ride, you'll LOVE GCIs.

--Robb "GCI, IMO is the B&M of wood coasters..." Alvey