TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

I found this video on you tube that shows a rafting-traffic jam at Europa. How can this possibly happen?!?! lol

Love the reaction of the people, everyone cheering and eventually being evacuated in a calm matter. Could you imagine this happening in the U.S? Someone would have flipped out, kids crying and what not...

It could have been a number of things. It looks like at some point an e-stop was pushed because the water doesn't look to deep and in the 3rd video you can see the water pumping back into the ride. I'm not saying the e-stop caused it, but you never know it could be a possibility.

Great find!

I'm thinking about going this spring. The place looks awesome. I just have one question:

Which rides have maximum height requirements? I'm going with a friend who is very tall (202 cm), and I was wondering if there were restrictions on any of the rides. I checked the website, which doesn't specify any, but it says some rides may have it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

There's not a single ride with shoulder restraints, so that's good. But I would advice you to keep your hands inside the ride vehicle, as clearance envelopes at Europa-Park aren't that big, especially on Euro-MIR you can easily touch the nets in the tunnels.

edit: Europa-Park's website only mentions a maximum height (of 1,95m) for one ride... Euro-MIR:

http://www.europapark.com/lang-de/Infos-und-Service/Sicherheit/c479.html?langchange=true

I'm thinking about going this spring. The place looks awesome. I just have one question:

Which rides have maximum height requirements? I'm going with a friend who is very tall (202 cm), and I was wondering if there were restrictions on any of the rides. I checked the website, which doesn't specify any, but it says some rides may have it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

There's not a single ride with shoulder restraints, so that's good. But I would advice you to keep your hands inside the ride vehicle, as clearance envelopes at Europa-Park aren't that big, especially on Euro-MIR you can easily touch the nets in the tunnels.

edit: Europa-Park's website only mentions a maximum height (of 1,95m) for one ride... Euro-MIR:

http://www.europapark.com/lang-de/Infos-und-Service/Sicherheit/c479.html?langchange=true

Awesome! I look forward to going... With the new wooden coaster opening this year, I think it is fair to say that EP has one of the finest and most exclusive roller coaster collections in the world!

New pictures appeared who show two details that I`m VERRRRY happy about

1919203342_Airtimehill1.JPG.1bc49795eb3a17965c1e9a2200728fc6.JPG

Something unexpected (at least unexpected for me) happened here : On top of the first airtime hill the ride will be "twisteeee"...yesss

2082371031_Airtimehill2.thumb.JPG.f3ff711cc47fdc8f55655fd675990689.JPG

See ? It topples to the left on top of that hill...and this could be quite intense regarding the fact that this hill has a total height of 15 meters...while the drop before will have a height og about 35 meters...so the train will "fly" over that hill at some speed !!!

1759659003_Einfahrt2.Tunnel.JPG.12e8b809746efe5227fafe549b1ce2a4.JPG

There`s the other "surprise . STRONG (!) banking before diving into the second tunnel. From the model it looked quite like straight strack there...but I guess the layout will be more "complex" that the model showed !

New pictures from the GCI facebook

source:

http://www.facebook.com/GreatCoasters

Exiting the Blue Fire curve and heading into Trench 2.

Coming pretty close to Blue Fire!

The lift hill and station area.

The camelback after the first drop.

A different view of the lift and first drop.

Inside the "barrel structure".

According to the article, Wodan won't be open to public before the 30th of April. This seems to be a delay, since the park previously announced March 31st as opening date, no?

Seems to be a mistake made by the author. Never heard about this before. But feel free to correct me.

Yeah: First post here. Don't know why I've waited that long till I registered.

there are two different sources... the official europa-park homepage still says it will open with the beginning of the season, but the man who writes the blog answered in the official EP-Fan Forum, that they were suprised by themselves when the architect and the construction supervisor said it will open at this date. And he mentioned that they send their blog report to the officials of the Europapark to let it it check and get the permittion to publish it. So maybe it's a correct date

here is the original post from the blogger from http://www.ep-board.de/die-neuheiten-2012-2013-f42/2012-wodan-timburcoaster-t5342-s1640.html:

wir staunten auch nicht schlecht, als uns der 30. April als Eröffnungsdatum, von Architekt und Bauleiter des Europa-Park, Herr Kind, genannt wurde.

Wo doch die Fertigstellung, der Holzachterbahn an sich, schon Mitte-Ende Februar sein soll.

Der Europa-Park hat vor unserer Veröffentlichung nochmals über den Bericht drüber gelesen und hatte nichts auszusetzen.

Daher ist davon auszugehen, dass der 30. April zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt zutreffend ist

and the google translation:

We were amazed not bad, as we of the 30th April was named as the opening date, architect and construction manager of the Europa Park, Mr. Kind.

But where the completion of the wooden roller coaster in itself, already supposed to be mid-late February.

The Europa-Park has read our paper again before the report and had no complaints about it.

Therefore, it is assumed that 30 April is applicable at this time