TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Mayyyybe, but I would be very very surprised. They are EXTREMELY space-limited from what I understand. And also, I don't think their attendance would really merit an addition of that size. I thinks that's why they never got they go-ahead to install the SLC they were storing for a few years, which eventually got shipped to La Ronde (which makes me think, La Ronde could be another possibility.) I personally think St. Louis would be the best fit.

I agree that this park needs a standout steel coaster. I think they could go the SFMM approach and put it out in the giant neigh unused parking lot they have. I would love to see something like that done even though it wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing.

-kafka-

Maybe, But I think TGE Would be more likely as there are (WARNING: MY OPINION ONLY!) chances of it being "Flagged" in the future (MY OPINION Done)

Sounds like you have never been to The Great Escape.

I went in 2010 in July I believe. I Agree that it's very far from being close to something you'd call "Six Flags"

Maybe Bizarro can go where Nightmare was

I really don't know how I feel about getting Bizarro, if in fact the rumor is true. While our park could use some more steel, getting a hand me down coaster isn't the way to go. we have Batman the Ride, We have Ninja (bad as it may be) and we have Mr. Freeze. what we need at our park is a hyper coaster since we are probably the only park without one while all the other parks have them. a coaster to put our park back on the map as a destination park. Build something that will bring the masses out to ride. there is tons of available grounds to use to place a massive coaster, including the dead area beyond tidal wave.. and its very apparent that the company DOES have the money, look at how much they have invested in Magic Mountain in the past couple of seasons?

With some of the head-scratching recent additions to Six Flags parks, I'm only half-kidding when I say St. Louis is probably going to get a Premier launcher like Discovery Kingdom is getting, while Bizarro/Medusa goes to Magic Mountain.

La Ronde: Relocated SLC just a few years after receiving a B&M inverter

New England: Relocated GIB to compliment existing Boomerang

Great America: Nearly had a second B&M standup (Chang) to go along with Iron Wolf for 2011 season

And, while not a Six Flags park-

Canada's Wonderland: Last two major additions have been B&M mega/speed coasters.

The creative forces behind these additions is awe-inspiring.

Personally I think SFSL is the most likely recipient were SFGAdv to pack up Bizarro. Great Escape has no space, and SFOT doesn't need it as badly (which I suppose doesn't actually matter to SF). What different does it make if it's used? It's new to Missouri. It's likely in fine condition as most B&Ms are, and it would probably be moderately refurbished were it to move. I don't understand why people have such a problem with used coasters. I look forward to riding Goliath at SFNE this coming spring, since I probably would not have been able to get to SFMM or Silverwood for ten or fifteen years, who knows. It's cool that the ride is being brought to me.

to clarify things, I DON'T have a problem with used coasters, I do know that they will most likely repaint it, and rename it.and it will be like brand new. I have been going to the park since it's beginnings, i have seen the changes good and bad it has gone through, and I also see the park doing what it can to impress home office, to try and get those big installations, but they keep passing it by... here have a smaller family coaster, here have another one, here have a water slide.. yes we got Sky screamer, hey its a great sight seeing ride, but really not worth riding more than once...

I agree with Screamin_Eagle that SFSL needs a hyper. The park has a really good lineup of rides, but what would you say is the SIGNATURE ride of the park? The park really does have a solid collection, but it's missing one more really big flagship ride. There are only two other parks in the chain that don't have a hyper (SFDK and SFFT).

However, if plans are being made to relocate Medusa/Bizarro, it might as well go to SFSL. It would make the most sense. The only other park in the chain that doesn't have a floorless and could easily fit Bizarro without removal of a major ride is SFA, and they just got regifted with IW/Apocalypse.

So anyway, I think it would be great if SFSL got Bizarro in 2013, and then maybe two or three years down the line added a hyper.

In my mind I always perceived Boss as the signature ride, I always thought it was the coolest and biggest ride there, but I'm judging this from buzz and photos as I've never been there. I agree the park does desperately need a big huge hunk of metal that you can see the st. louis skyline from the top of. A nice Intimidator style hyper coaster would be perfect. How did this park get passed over by six flags thirteen years ago but Darien Lake managed to get a hyper? It seems like it's in a much larger market.

I think Screamin' Eagle is the signature ride there. It's what put the park on the map in 1976 and even though it might be a minor point but the lift hill really dominates the skyline with it being on the hill.

Medusa/Bizarro would be a great addition especially since their only sit-down multi-looper is a small Vekoma.

If I'm not mistaken, Goliath at SFOG was originally designed for our park, and went to the other park because our park didn't have high enough attendance numbers.. The coasters station would have been located where American Thunder was built.

and yes The Eagle is the parks signature coaster and it really did put the park on the map, although both Boss and Batman and Freeze are good sized coasters, no other Coasters in the park had the same impact the Screamin Eagle did when it was installed.

Ive been hearing rumors for the last couple years that they were gonna remove the Tidal Wave. To be honest, I thought that was going to be removed along with the swings to make room for Sky Screamers queue. It was a bit of a surprise to see it still open on opening day last year. It would be sad to see some of the bigger arrow loopers go away. I really want to ride Phantom's revenge and I quite like Vortex even though its pretty rough

-kafka-

That's exactly the spot I had in mind.

How did this park get passed over by six flags thirteen years ago but Darien Lake managed to get a hyper? It seems like it's in a much larger market.

The reason Darien Lake ended up with an awesome Intamin hyper back then was because the park had just been acquired by Six Flags along with SFA and SFNE etc, and they were dumping money into to it to try and make the park into a destination of a higher calibur. It worked in some cases (SFNE) and not so much in others (Darien Lake).

the footprint where Ninja is wouldn't be big enough for for Bizarro, its too small. and the mine train is parallel to it and I really don't want anything to happen to that. the dead area back there past Tidal Wave would be ideal, it would bring life to an already dead area. and the immediate area is pretty flat, minor grazing would have to happen but that's pretty much it in my opinion, besides that would be a perfect place for it. I would really hate to see a parking lot coaster with the available space already inside the park.

there was talk of removing Tidal wave in preparation for a battle boats ride, but I guess they opted for the Sky Screamer instead. Tidal Wave really needs to go, ridership has been little to none for the past few seasons. and its old and an eye sore..

I agree with Screamin Eagle, Tidal wave is a lot of an eyesore. Its a very old ride that should at some point be removed for something else. I think it would be great if we got Bizzaro even though im still a little unsure where the rumor of us getting that ride originated.

I think the park needs a new steel coaster really bad, since its been years since we have gotten an intense steel coaster. I would prefer to see a hyper go up at six flags stl, but anything would be awesome.

-kafka-

^*cough*Stealth*cough*

While Bizarro would make a nice addition to SFSTL, I don't see it happening for a couple reasons. The first being, I can't think of a place in the park where it could be placed. The park is very hilly, and looking at Google Maps, the only possible place might be the picnic grove. The second is that it is too large of a coaster for a park the size of SFSTL. The park already has a sit-down looping coaster, a B&M invert, and a launched coaster. For a park the size of SFSTL, a floorless coaster wouldn't be a good decision IMO, and if it were added, I think it would have the popularity issues that it faces at SFGADV. If they were to get a new looping coaster, something more along the lines of a Euro-fighter would make a better fit. Something relatively low cost, unique, custom, and while not awe-inspiring, is still a solid ride.

^*cough*Stealth*cough*

While Bizarro would make a nice addition to SFSTL, I don't see it happening for a couple reasons. The first being, I can't think of a place in the park where it could be placed. The park is very hilly, and looking at Google Maps, the only possible place might be the picnic grove. The second is that it is too large of a coaster for a park the size of SFSTL. The park already has a sit-down looping coaster, a B&M invert, and a launched coaster. For a park the size of SFSTL, a floorless coaster wouldn't be a good decision IMO, and if it were added, I think it would have the popularity issues that it faces at SFGADV. If they were to get a new looping coaster, something more along the lines of a Euro-fighter would make a better fit. Something relatively low cost, unique, custom, and while not awe-inspiring, is still a solid ride.

I keep mentioning this, but the area back past the tidal wave would be ideal for a new coaster, and it is flat enough. as far as where did the rumor of Bizarro moving came from, is circulating through different coaster sites, someone even tried to say that Six Flags has a ride rotation program between the parks...hence the removal of Bizarro... I laughed......