TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2011/12/zooming-into-2012/

Over at Walt Disney World, the Fantasyland expansion—first announced at the 2009 D23 Expo, with an update given at the 2011 D23 Expo—will more than double the size of the area. The first phase opens in summer 2012 and will feature fresh attractions and richer experiences. Cruise by to check out Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid, Be Our Guest restaurant, and more!

^As it has been announced, the rides of the area are Little Mermaid, dueling Dumbos, Barnstormer, and the Snow White Mine Train Coaster. The rest of the expansion includes new shops and dining options in Storybook Circus, the Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston's Tavern, the Enchanted Tales with Belle experience, Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt at The Little Mermaid realm and the Casey Jr. Roundhouse. There are several unconfirmed aspects of the total expansion including whether or not Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom will have stations in New Fantasyland, as well as the inclusion of several shops, quick service dining locations and meet and greets in the area that were shown in the expansion model but not formally addressed in any announcements.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/one-more-disney-day/

What Would You Do With One More Disney Day?

Take a full 24 hours to create as many memories as you can — because on Leap Day, 2012, Disney Parks are celebrating like never before!

For the first time ever, both Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park will be open for 24 hours of wonder, imagination and magic starting February 29 at 6:00 a.m.

Plus, beginning January 1, 2012, Disney Parks.com is giving away a vacation package every day until February 29, 2012 and has an exciting special offer!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=DP_Hero_OMDD2_US_qu5i[/coastertube] http://disney.go.com/memories/

This announcement includes a new sweepstakes that gives entrants the chance to win a trip to the Disneyland Resort or the Walt Disney World Resort for 4 days/5 nights!

We love to celebrate the good life! Families spending time together, sharing hugs, giggles, smiles, and magical moments they will treasure forever in their hearts.

In 2012, we're celebrating Leap Day with One More Disney Day. For the first time ever, we're giving away a vacation every day from January 1 through February 29.

Enter each day for a chance to win a 5-day/4-night vacation at Disneyland Resort in California or Walt Disney World Resort in Florida!*

You're one more day closer to realizing a vacation dream come true for your family if you win.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/01/leap-year-2012-brings-one-more-disney-day-to-disney-parks/

Happy New Year from Disney Parks!

As you may have just heard on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest, we’re kicking off 2012 with a special announcement – an extra day of magic for you called “One More Disney Day.” For the first time ever, both Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland park will stay open for 24 hours straight. That’s right, from 6 a.m., February 29 to 6 a.m., March 1, 2012, local time, you can fill the extra day of leap year with a marathon of Disney Parks fun.

We’re also launching our new OneMoreDisneyDay.com site this morning with a few surprises. Beginning today through Feb. 29, one guest per day can win a memory-making Disney Parks vacation. You can find details about the sweepstakes opportunity as well as information about a special package offer for guests of Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts on the site.

So, what would you do with “One More Disney Day?” Let us know in the comments and be sure and follow the conversation on Twitter. You can get involved now using the Twitter hashtag #Disney24.

120861933_ScreenShot2011-12-31at11_36_07PM.png.9366f839a28510f245503b1adfb22f00.png

omd111671.thumb.jpg.4532f8f34aa45319ba6b7ef304e136de.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Smart Marketing!

If I read it correctly - the parks are open from 6am on the 29th until 6am on the 1st.

Which means, on the morning of March 1st, everyone has to leave the park at 6am/prior to the parks re-opening at their regular opening time for the March 1st guests.

So - it's a day of super-extended extra-magic hours available for everyone and no one is actually getting an "extra day" or a "2nd day" in the parks for free.

On an otherwise slower time of the year (President's Day weekend is over and Easter week isn't until Early-April) - Disney plans a nice spike in their attendance

Smart Marketing Mr. Mouse.....very smart!

Smart Marketing!

If I read it correctly - the parks are open from 6am on the 29th until 6am on the 1st.

Which means, on the morning of March 1st, everyone has to leave the park at 6am/prior to the parks re-opening at their regular opening time for the March 1st guests.

So - it's a day of super-extended extra-magic hours available for everyone and no one is actually getting an "extra day" or a "2nd day" in the parks for free.

On an otherwise slower time of the year (President's Day weekend is over and Easter week isn't until Early-April) - Disney plans a nice spike in their attendance

Smart Marketing Mr. Mouse.....very smart!

It certainly is a win-win for the guests. From a park operations standpoint though, its going to be interesting to see how the turnover is from the Leap Year promotion guests to normal day guests on the first (those coming in at 9am)

I did a similar type thing at Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySeas in 2003/2004. They had a New Year's Eve ticket which was good from 9pm on Dec 31st through 10pm on Jan 1st. We went for a few hours, headed home about 4am, slept, then headed back to the parks on Jan 1st around 3pm. It was cool but exhausting!

Thorpe Park did this once back in 1999(It was a first for a UK Theme Park) they did it for a monday bank holiday opening at 6AM right through till 6AM the next day, apparently I heard it was quite a success, but why they didnt continue to do it every year after that, I'm not sure.

This is a great idea, How great would it be to spend 24hrs in a disney park, just the thought of riding Big Thunder Mountain at Midnight in darkness would be cool, it will be interesting to see how busy the event goes

Happy New Year everyone!

Video of Magic Kingdom's INSANE fireworks show! We watched from the Grand Floridian last night, which gives you a perfect view of MK's "Fireworks in the Round." While this video captures the show, it was hard to capture the overall scale and intensity of it, but you'll get the idea from the video, especially the last couple of minutes! Enjoy...

What a great idea! Good job on Disney's part, maybe this will have families pick their vacation time around this so they can experience Splash Mountain at 3 AM.

The only thing im worried about is that im going to be in the CP program and I might get stuck doing an early morning shift (Main entrance operations)

If I recall I don't think the park has ever done this... or any park overall.

It's been done several times. Tokyo Disneyland used to do it every year for New Years Countdown Party. Disneyland had at least 2 "60 hour parties" that I know of, and I'm sure it's been done at WDW before. I can't imagine that it hasn't been.

Thorpe Park did this once back in 1999(It was a first for a UK Theme Park) they did it for a monday bank holiday opening at 6AM right through till 6AM the next day, apparently I heard it was quite a success, but why they didnt continue to do it every year after that, I'm not sure.

This is a great idea, How great would it be to spend 24hrs in a disney park, just the thought of riding Big Thunder Mountain at Midnight in darkness would be cool, it will be interesting to see how busy the event goes

Riding Big Thunder late would be amazing...too bad it is going to be down for the event (refurb of 1/9 - 5/27)