TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

So...it`s official now, that "Wodan" is getting polyurethane wheels, cause otherwise the coaster would be too loud...the locals wouldn`t be happy then.

So what do you guys think...will it still have a typical woody feeling ? Will the loss of speed be a problem regarding the intensity...especially during the later parts of the ride ???

Is it the first GCI with plastic wheels ?

Where was the wheel thing announced?

Several Members of German Coaster Forums joined the official Europa Park Winter Meeting with "behind the scenes stuff" and so on. They were told about those wheel by Europa Park staff...unfortunately

Sorry...but where exactly did I judge the ride in advance ?

The type of wheels is one of the MORE important details about a coaster...so are the restraints...that`s why there are so many discussions about that subject.

But I would never say the ride won`t be great...I think it WILL be...it`s just that someone of the parks management told me that those wheels will probably take away a not so little part of the typical woody feeling....that`s all...

I`m shure the coaster will be tons of fun !

Unfortunately I've had to pull out of this years Europe trip. But I still want to visit Europa park this year so I have a few questions that some of you might be able to answer. It will most likely be just myself and my girlfriend and we'll probably fly into Basel airport from London, spending a few days back in Basel, then a couple of days at Europa park before flying home.

What I'd like to know is:

1. Which resort hotel is the best to stay at?

2. Is getting to Europa Park from Basel pretty easy? It seems to be just a train to Ringsheim, then a shuttle bus to the park but has anyone done this before?

3. Is two days enough to spend in the park?

4. My girlfriend does not like coasters that much, but does like dark rides, water rides, shows etc. Are there enough other good attractions in the park that aren't coasters to keep her happy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

^

1. Which resort hotel is the best to stay at?

I like the Colosseo hotel

2. Is getting to Europa Park from Basel pretty easy? It seems to be just a train to Ringsheim, then a shuttle bus to the park but has anyone done this before?

The parks website offers some info regarding travel to and from the park http://www.europapark.com/lang-en/Info-and-services/Arrival/by-plane/c278.html

There seems to be a service that will take you from the airport to the hotel for a decent price (looks like 33 euro for Basel airport)

3. Is two days enough to spend in the park?

2 days should be enough (depending on when you are going)

4. My girlfriend does not like coasters that much, but does like dark rides, water rides, shows etc. Are there enough other good attractions in the park that aren't coasters to keep her happy?

Plenty things to do and stuff to see (besides coasters)

Have fun

Edited by Hhappy

1) All of Europa`s Hotels are of high quality. Take a look at Europa Parks homepage and choose the one that ist of your personal taste. But If had to recommend one...I would say Hotel Colosseo stands out. Hard to tell about "Bell Rocks" quality cause that hotel is in construction. I really guess a look at the homepage will help

2) I`m doing this all the time...and yes...that`s pretty easy...very good and regulary !

3) Two days are good...three are better But if you`re gonna let a few of the coasters aside...two days will be absolutely okay.

4) If Europa will not satisfy you...which park will ??? You`ll have some nice darkrides, many shows (who are of high quality)...a lot (!) of nice restaurants with excellent food...so much beatiful stuff to look at (Theeeeeming !!!)...and so on.

It`s a VERY well rounded park...it really is.

Have fun...if you need (more) advice...you`re welcome

Here`s the new trailer...looooove the music

Translation :

"From the night`s deepness

coming out of the darkness of times

powerful creatures are rushing

from the halls of eternity

into the world of the living.

It`s the stuff that ledgends are made of

it`s the tremendous power

that catapults us out of this world.

The time has come...a myth is awakening !"

Maybe not 100 % perfectly translated...but I did my very best

GeorgeT

@jonnyfingers

I would recommend the month of May as well. Preferably a weekday. Check out this europapark website:

http://www.europapark.com/lang-en/Info-and-services/Opening-Times/c270.html?langchange=true

Scroll down to the 'holiday overview' tool that allows you to see when all the national holidays in different parts of neighbouring countries are. The most important (closest) ones are. Germany-Banden-Wuerttemberg; France-Zone B; Switzerland-BS&BL.

Try to avoid those and you will have the park for yourself.

I found this video on you tube that shows a rafting-traffic jam at Europa. How can this possibly happen?!?! lol

Love the reaction of the people, everyone cheering and eventually being evacuated in a calm matter. Could you imagine this happening in the U.S? Someone would have flipped out, kids crying and what not...

I'm thinking about going this spring. The place looks awesome. I just have one question:

Which rides have maximum height requirements? I'm going with a friend who is very tall (202 cm), and I was wondering if there were restrictions on any of the rides. I checked the website, which doesn't specify any, but it says some rides may have it. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.