TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Parkz.com.au posted some great photos of the ride and the surrounding area. It just has a simple storyline, that Paralax is attacking the earth and you have to fight him. Looks like they have a few comic boards up like Six Flags did, and a really cool looking comic themed station to explain it. http://www.parkz.com.au/photos/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/1478-Green_Lantern/page14.html

^The only ride of this type that I've ridden was Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach. I thought the layout was fun, but found the trains uncomfortable. I'm hoping the S&S has solved this problem with the new lapbar system in Green Lantern.

Edited by cfc

^The only ride of this type that I've ridden was Steel Hawg at Indiana Beach. I thought the layout was fun, but found the trains uncomfortable. I'm hoping the S&S has solved this problem with the new lapbar system in Green Lantern.

Indeed they are. I got on the ride during a soft opening last Saturday.

I found them to be far superior to other lap bar coasters I have ridden, including Maurers version. It is just really ergonomic and holds you comfortably, so the two inversions and drop are no problem at all. Only real issue I had was that the onboard audio was too quiet, so it was difficult to hear at times, especially on the lift.

I thought it was a cool idea, but the secondary seatbelt is retractable, and the main harness physically wont pull down until you have done up your seatbelt.

This greatly simplifes operations...People wont mess up and not fasten their seatbelt, nor do ops have to check both separately.

Overall, a pretty good ride. Not that intense, but a lot of fun. It's just a shame the height limit is 140cm, since that would prevent many kids riding that would otherwise enjoy it.

It's just a shame the height limit is 140cm, since that would prevent many kids riding that would otherwise enjoy it.

That's interesting. As uncomfortable as S&S's shoulder harnesses probably are, they still are safe using only a 48" height restriction.

Turns out Movieworld got their initial measurements wrong and Green Lantern is in fact NOT the steepest in the world. Its drop is actually 120 degrees, not 122.

Great job Movieworld, make an ad and everything saying its the steepest in the world then take it back

Though technically, it has the steepest first drop of any coaster in the world (if you dont count the predrop) as Takabisha does a lot of stuff before going up the hill.

I've ridden it a few times now. It's a good ride. They've fixed a couple of problems from the earlier soft openings, such as the volume of the on-board audio and the mist is now on in the queue line.

Movie World have also posted some photos of the queue line on their Facebook:

There's a few sensors in the queue line to set off audio effects as you walk through. For example all the 'good guys' in this part of the queue recite the Green Lantern oath when you get to a certain point. Then when you walk through this, Parallax says 'Give in to your fearrrrrrrr....'

Movie World have also added a giant logo to the structure which lights up VERY brightly, especially at night.

^trust me, you wouldn't want to ride an El Loco without brakes. Having ridden the one at Indiana Beach, it'll be interesting to see how bad the lines will get, even if this ride does have double the capacity. The ride, like the others, should be a lot of fun, although the theming looks to be a bit of a letdown compared to what the park has done in the past.

I thought it was a solid addition, a lot of fun. Luckily I was there the day it opened, though there was problems with the restraints just before we were about to get on for our first ride, but they fixed it. I still prefer Superman personally.

Having not been to movie in almost 5 years, there's still a lack of attractions, even though the attractions they have are mostly top notch. This was further exacerbated by 2 major attractions having closed recently (Looney Tunes & Batman motion simulator????). Though they look like they're heading in the right direction.

On a side note Jet Rescue at Movie World's sister park Sea World blew me away, what a fun ride.

Edited by downunder

What Movieworld now needs is a good family dark ride to replace either Loony Tunes or Batman, and hopefully some sort of thrilling flat ride (because I personally find Batwing Spaceshot boring). Maybe an S&S Screaming Swing? I was going to suggest a Frisbee-type ride or Top Spin but that would attract millions of GP comments about how "Its SuCh A cOPY oF DrEaMwOlrd"

What Movieworld now needs is a good family dark ride to replace either Loony Tunes or Batman, and hopefully some sort of thrilling flat ride (because I personally find Batwing Spaceshot boring). Maybe an S&S Screaming Swing? I was going to suggest a Frisbee-type ride or Top Spin but that would attract millions of GP comments about how "Its SuCh A cOPY oF DrEaMwOlrd"

They are getting getting an 3d shooting dark ride themed to DC comics, it is being done by sally corp.

They are getting getting an 3d shooting dark ride themed to DC comics, it is being done by sally corp.

If this is true that would be amazing. The super hero area of the park is really starting to look great with great rides. Do you have a source for the 3d shooter or is it just talk?

Thats just a rumor/idea thats being spread, do you have a credible source?