The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

P. 197 - Send Real Art a message! LIVE!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
It's All About Quality!

Re: The Santa CLAW! Live Claw Machine - Crane Game!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Honestly, I would get frustrated with how the pause is happening at night, and harder to plan my time but each time I begin getting frustrated, I stop and think...they're doing this for us, free for us to enjoy. I missed my turn earlier, I was bummed. I shouldn't have stopped to talk. But I just told myself 'eff it, I'm getting back in line again!'

As much as its an experience for us internet users, it's also an experience for the gallery it's sitting at and the visitors who are checking it out in person.

-Angry "I still have not won a prize yet, only really played twice!" Gumball

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Want more Santa Claw videos? Robb & KidTums play The Santa Claw....

YouTube Videolink

Coming up next... Big Mike goes INSIDE The Santa Claw!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 pm

To Play The Santa Claw Click: http://www.thesantaclaw.com
(It's open through Sunday, December 11th at 6pm EST! GET IN LINE NOW!!!!)

Hey everyone!

Big Mike went on an excursion yesterday to go visit The Santa Claw and our friends at Real Art Design Group! The Big Man was actually at The Santa Claw while I was playing, and I even won him a ball! Check out the pics below from his visit, which includes both my side of the screen and him at the Claw, and the video even includes shots from INSIDE The Santa Claw and an interview with Real Art Design Groups awesome dudes Pat Murray and Justin Dunham.

Check it out....

Here's the video from my screen when I won Big Mike the ball:

YouTube Videolink

And here is Big Mike's perspective actually AT the Claw while I was playing! Not only does Big Mike go INSIDE the Claw, but he also interviews the Real Art Design Guys:

YouTube Videolink
santaclaw_bigmike_003.jpg
Hey everybody! It's Big Mike! And look where he is!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_002.jpg
Big Mike is at the Gizmodo Gallery in New York City...and you see what is in the background?
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_004.jpg
That's right! He's at The Santa Claw! Real Art Design Groups "World's Largest Claw Machine!" TPR members have been HUGE fans of this since it opened up earlier this year at their home offices in Ohio.
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_intro.jpg
On my side of the screen I saw Big Mike walk into the gallery!
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_love.png
So I gave him a shoutout on my side of the screen!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_007.jpg
And what we type on our computers at home, actually shows up on a big screen at the Gizmodo Gallery for Big Mike to read!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_008.jpg
WE LOVE YOU BIG MIKE!!!!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_012.jpg
This gives you a better idea on how The Santa Claw is set up.
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_015.jpg
Some of the presents that have been in the claw...they look like they've been picked up and dropped a few times! =)
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_gamescreen.png
Now it's time for Robb to play! Let's win Big Mike a ball! Here's what it looks like on my side of the screen....
(You can see Big Mike in the chute!)
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_inclaw1.png
And here's what it looks like from INSIDE the Claw! Did Robb grab Big Mike a ball???
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_inclaw2.png
Hooray!!!
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_inclaw3.png
The claw brings over Big Mike's prize!
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_inclaw4.png
And this is what it looks like from the the bottom of the chute, looking straight up!
Viewed 5286 times
bigmike_balls.png
Big Mike got the ball!!!!
Viewed 5286 times
023.JPG
Yes, that's a BIG claw!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_032.jpg
There appears to be a body inside the claw???!?
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_028.jpg
Lots of love for Big Mike!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_026.jpg
As the balls roll out of the machine...
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_014.jpg
If you're at the gallery you can pick them up!
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_020.jpg
Some really lucky player will win this "life size Yoda...make of Legos!"
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_036.jpg
Big Mike hung out with the cool guys from Real Art Design Group, Pat Murray & Justin Dunham (watch the video for the interview, and a sneak peek at what might be coming soon from Real Art!)
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_041.jpg
Big Mike even got a behind the scenes look to see the machine that's at the heart of The Santa Claw.
Viewed 5286 times
santaclaw_bigmike_043.jpg
There are four cameras that control what the claw and the players see...and one of them is right on the claw!
Viewed 5072 times
santaclaw_bigmike_048.jpg
Big Mike really wants that Lego Yoda!
Viewed 5072 times
santaclaw_bigmike_044.jpg
The big man inside the big claw!
Viewed 5072 times
santaclaw_bigmike_045.jpg
LOL! Big Mike is about to get one REALLY BIG BALL ON HIS FACE!!!!
Viewed 5072 times
santaclaw_bigmike_046.jpg
It is totally true!
Viewed 5072 times
santaclaw_bigmike_021.jpg
Huge thanks to Gizmodo for bringing back The Santa Claw for all us fans to play one more time! (or even more for some of us!)
Viewed 5072 times
santaclaw_bigmike_017.jpg
And of course, thanks to Real Art for making The Santa Claw in the first place! Your guys' moment of insanity has been months of awesome fun for all of us!
Viewed 5072 times
bigmike_inclaw_0.png
You know The Santa Claw is HUGE when it makes the big man look tiny! =)
Viewed 5072 times
bigmike_sign_0.png
THEME PARK REVIEW LOVES THE SANTA CLAW!!!
Viewed 5072 times
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:36 pm.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

So Robb was playing the Santa Claw while Big Mike was at the Santa Claw watching Robb play the Santa Claw while watching Big Mike at the Santa Claw?

I think my brain just exploded a little bit. But it was worth it!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Andrewoplis » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 pm

I finally got in line, only 13 more hours to go!! :)
Hm, I see...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 pm

robbalvey wrote:
DenDen wrote:Leave it to gizmodo the screw things up. I knew as soon as I saw sponsorship, it was all over. So sad they allow this. The Santa Claw is dead. :(

Sorry, but I totally disagree. I think if you're playing the "claw" to seriously win a ball or something else, seriously, you're taking the whole thing way too, well, seriously.

I see what you're saying Robb, but when you repeatedly see the claw successfully pick up a wrapped box only to have a guy holding a beer reach in and swat it out before it can be dropped in the chute, and then give the middle finger to the camera, you can't help but feel frustrated. If they're staging this as a contest for publicity, and sending out actual prizes, they shouldn't allow people to interfere like that.
packageswat.jpg
This is the second person I saw swat the package away before it could be dropped. I didn't manage to get a screen capture of him giving the camera the middle finger immediately afterwards.
Viewed 5182 times
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm

^That's really obnoxious. Hopefully he is shown the door quickly.

What's going to happen is the few bad apples are just going to ruin it for the people that were climbing in the machine for fun and even helping. This is pretty much what happens to EVERYTHING IN LIFE.

People are disgusting. The Santa Claw is good.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:44 pm

ahecht wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
DenDen wrote:Leave it to gizmodo the screw things up. I knew as soon as I saw sponsorship, it was all over. So sad they allow this. The Santa Claw is dead. :(

Sorry, but I totally disagree. I think if you're playing the "claw" to seriously win a ball or something else, seriously, you're taking the whole thing way too, well, seriously.

I see what you're saying Robb, but when you repeatedly see the claw successfully pick up a wrapped box only to have a guy holding a beer reach in and swat it out before it can be dropped in the chute, and then give the middle finger to the camera, you can't help but feel frustrated. If they're staging this as a contest for publicity, and sending out actual prizes, they shouldn't allow people to interfere like that.

I agree with you that the person doing that IS obnoxious, and it shouldn't be allowed, but if it bothers you that much, stop playing the game. It's as simple as that.

I've played like 8 times this week and I had one game where my video didn't work and one game where that guy got in the way of my winnings...but you know what? I managed to have FUN with it every time.

Yes, I was bummed when that guy the other night knocked the ball I was about to win out of the way, but did it REALLY bother me? No, instead I went for the guy and tried to grab him!

You are in control of the world's largest claw....you have the upper hand! ATTACK THE DUDES!!!!!! ;)

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:49 pm

I saw that guy too! He also swatted away another ball. Them some other dude got in the claw and hit the camera with a ball. Idiots ruining the fun that is the Santa Claw.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Wow, that's pretty rude. I think swatting the balls away is ok, because the player wouldn't get it anyways, and a lot seem to get thrown back in by people in the gallery, but dropping a wrapped prize actually gets you something, so having some idiot take that away from you would be a huge bummer. And it's something that could have been so easily prevented too.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!