TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^That was going to be a Stengel Dive? Where'd you hear that? According to the NL version they made for the press release video (I know, it's just in NL, but that's all I have to go by) it's just another hill with a gentle bank at the top.

^That was going to be a Stengel Dive? Where'd you hear that? According to the NL version they made for the press release video (I know, it's just in NL, but that's all I have to go by) it's just another hill with a gentle bank at the top.

Yes, it's an overbank. You can more clearly see it here, and in the picture before it!

So, for the end of the ride, is it two airtime hills and a turn into the brakes? I wasn't sure if we ever really got that part of the ride clear, considering that there's already room for a preliminary brake before the turnaround and a long transfer and final brake section after the turnaround that encircles Comet's above-station turn.

I FINALLY got here for Christmas Candylane for the first time and I had such a great time!! They do such a good job with the park with the details of lights everywhere! I was very surprised to see the number of rides still operating during the cold months. I was extremely happy The Claw was open and could get one last ride in for the season. The N.O.E.L show was awesome! Watching it from the bridge by Sooper was amazing!

Thanks for the update...I'm going on the 16th & 17th & am getting pretty psyched. Sounds like a lot of fun even without the coasters!

The previous pictures that show Skyrush make me laugh that Great Bear doesn't have a single support going into the water when it seems that Skyrush's support placement in the water is like it's not even there. I mean look how much effort B&M put in to put that one huge support connecting to the track in the middle of the lake in that banked turn.

^This time, Hersheypark got permission from the town of Hershey to place a certain number of supports in the water. With Great Bear, they avoided that (I imagine that the permit costs money and takes time to get, etc.) and B&M worked their supports around the restriction. You figure that once they settled on this location for a new coaster, and they knew what they wanted, they started the permitting process pretty quickly so that there wouldn't be any problems, knowing that a coaster built entirely over the river would probably need some supports in it.

So, for the end of the ride, is it two airtime hills and a turn into the brakes? I wasn't sure if we ever really got that part of the ride clear, considering that there's already room for a preliminary brake before the turnaround and a long transfer and final brake section after the turnaround that encircles Comet's above-station turn.

From what they have shown in the renderings, the finale after the 4th turn looks like two airtime hills (the first hill with very mild s-shape, making me oner what's going on there* ), a banked hill/turn and dip before what I presume is the first set of brakes before the turn over Comet's station.

*I imagine there's a very wicked change in direction hinted right there. But that section of the ride, may be on purpose, is not in either official rendering, and I don't want to say for certain what's happening until we see the track up there.

Bah, I wish I would've been able to take part.

"A long straight wire is in the plane of of a rectangular conducting loop. The straight wire constant current I as shown. While the wire is being moved..." Snore.