TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^It's because Dollywood's coaster is opening in March, this one is opening in May/June so its schedule is exceptionally two months separate from Wild Eagle. In my opinion, this Wing-rider looks to be the most thrilling of the three being built next year, so I'm excited to see vertical construction finally start!

One thing to consider here folks: weather. This is the Chicagoland area. Anything can happen weather wise. We got one heck of a snow storm last year, and who knows what we're in for this year. They'll get as much done as possible while the weather allows it. X-Flight is slated to open Memorial Day weekend, and the park does have a pretty good history of opening their rides on time. Well minus that one snafu called Deja Vu.

One thing to consider here folks: weather. This is the Chicagoland area. Anything can happen weather wise. We got one heck of a snow storm last year, and who knows what we're in for this year. They'll get as much done as possible while the weather allows it. X-Flight is slated to open Memorial Day weekend, and the park does have a pretty good history of opening their rides on time. Well minus that one snafu called Deja Vu.

Bingo. Weather will make or break an opening date, and they're calling for a brutal winter in that area IIRC. I have faith that they'll get it open on schedule, maybe even ahead with how fast coasters go up these days, but it all depends on the weather.

Bingo. Weather will make or break an opening date, and they're calling for a brutal winter in that area IIRC. I have faith that they'll get it open on schedule, maybe even ahead with how fast coasters go up these days, but it all depends on the weather.

and how the contractor works in that weather.

This park sure loves yellow and red coasters

Hopefully vertical construction will start soon, so far both of the completed 2012 Wing riders look amazing. I'm sure this one won't disappoint either. It looks, in my opinion, to be the most thrilling of the three opening next year.

• 2 weeks later...