TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

I read on Screamscape that Batman is still down, and DDD is now down, but that they should be back up this weekend according to someone at the park. Is SFOG usually pretty reliable when it comes to staying true to their word? I will be going Sunday only then driving through to Florida.

EDIT:

Also, what are the crowds usually like on Sundays in October?

but that they should be back up this weekend according to someone at the park.Is SFOG usually pretty reliable when it comes to staying true to their word?

There are a few things that could alter those plans (these are rather large pieces of machinery), but if all goes well with the maintenance/part replacements, both Batman and DDD should be open this weekend.

Six Flags Over Georgia has sent us a press release regarding a great opportunity to donate blood while earning free admission to Fright Fest!

A blood shortage is even more terrifying than the largest Halloween event in Atlanta: Fright Fest at Six Flags Over Georgia. The regional theme park is partnering with LifeSouth Community Blood Centers to encourage blood donors to sign up by offering free admission to Fright Fest.

The Fright Fest blood drive will take place on Thursday, October 13 at the three LifeSouth Georgia Community Blood Centers in Dunwoody, Gainesville and McDonough.

To receive a free Fright Fest ticket, potential donors must make a reservation online at lifesouth.org or by calling in advance. Reservations and free tickets are limited.

For brave souls with a strong stomach, Six Flags Over Georgia is giving away free 2012 season passes to anyone that successfully dines at the Café Du Cockroach on Saturday, October 15. The menu features Madagascar hissing cockroaches, a delicacy to some, as the main entrée. Interested diners and spectators alike are welcome at the Mariner’s Cove Theater at 6 p.m. that evening. Bon Appétit!

It’s thrills by day and FRIGHT by night as the park offers hours of fun for families with children under 13 during the daytime hours. As the sun sets, the real fun begins as the park is transformed into a terrifying experience with ghouls and zombies roaming the midways.

To make the frightening fun even more affordable, Six Flags Over Georgia is offering a FREE 2012 season pass with the purchase of 3 or more, plus a free season parking pass if processed by November 5. A 2012 season pass includes this year’s Fright Fest plus unlimited admission during the park’s 45th anniversary season in 2012.

Six Flags Over Georgia is open for Fright Fest every Saturday and Sunday in October, and Friday evenings on October 21 and 28. For more information including park hours, visit sixflags.com/overgeorgia.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would share a few photos taken at SFOG today... You may notice that a good portion of track has been removed from the Georgia Cyclone since the park closed in October.

Approximately 30-35% of the coaster's track will be replaced with Topper Track, resulting in a better experience on this awesome wooden coaster for 2012!

CycloneTrack1.thumb.jpg.e51481f116553c9825e35ab65e53c793.jpg

Notice something missing after the lift?

CycloneTrack2.thumb.jpg.cc87fe1c2bfa7d294bcfbc7176afd920.jpg

That turnaround looks a bit strange without track!

That is great news!!!! Personally I thought the Cyclone was actually running pretty well at Deep South Bash, topper track should make it even better! It's going to be interesting to see if these topper track replacements are a success or not, if they are I don't know why every park in the world wouldn't want to eventually replace the existing wood with Topper Track. Great news SFOG, i hope you keep the forums updated over the winter with new pictures of the refurbishment!

Why do I suddenly hear the sounds of my pancreas and kidney now thanking me... As my ONE ride on it beat me to within an inch of my life. Here's hoping Topper Track will end some of the 'beat the crap out of you' feeling that's making that ride miserable to ride on.

Congratulations SFOG. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer!

Yep! I'm personally excited to see how this turns out. Cyclone can be an incredible ride (if you catch it on a good day).

This is such a welcome surprise! I guess this will mean I'll have to give it another chance when I come in next time (maybe for the next Deep South Bash)! This is extremely exciting news! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I've ridden this once in the "magic seat" (second from the back) and experienced one of the most insane, injector-airtime-filled rides I've ever had--while those in other seats were getting jarred senseless. This is an ideal subject for the Rocky Mountain treatment.

Fantastic! SFOG already has a great collection of coasters, and by giving Cyclone the Rocky Mountain topper track, and the addition of DDD this year (which looks to me like the best Eurofighter in the US), SFOG is really making a push to become one of the best Six Flags parks. I hope to ride this sometime soon.

Edited by osm

I actually loved the brutal airtime this had on the Deep South trip when it still had the buzz bars. And, honestly, thought the topper track on Cyclone at SFNE felt a little draggy. But, I'm sure this is ultimately a step in the right direction for this coaster, and riders can leave with ribs more intact.

Any word if Rocky Mountain is modifying the profile/layout ala Texas Giant?

^^What Eric said... google "Rocky Mountain Construction Group" and they do a great job explaining what Topper Track is (vs. the Iron Horse track that the NTG received).