TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Official" TPR Returns To Asia Ongoing TR!

Ah...nothing like spending the holidays with a bunch of Asians and their cloaking devices eh? Although, for some reason, I actually see people in these photos aside from you guys and park workers. Maybe the cloaks went out of fashion this year? Also, is it just me or does HKDL look a bit lonely? The rides are few and scattered. There isnt even a BTM Oh well, hope you guys are having fun!

Jared"who didnt go to an amusement park in Florida for break this year"Becker

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, what a great update of HKDL! This place looks really nice and with a few more attractions it must be perfect! I hope ther will be a time in the futre where I can visit this Park! Anyway, I glad you made it save to Japan! I lso hope to see some more great pictures, soon!

The fire effects were really cool! Are there no effects at DLR or WDW? At the moment I can´t rememer that! :?

--Sören

Great update! In case you haven't mentioned it in a post somewhere (I think I have read them all), are you all going to Universal Studios Japan? I'm interested in seeing the Jaws version there (I believe there was only one picture of it from your last trip). Anyway, awesome photos!

Great pictures, and Merry Christmas!

My parents are both from HK, so I have some cultural theories regarding HKDL's Main Street and castle...though I really do wish that a bigger castle was made! Please don't be offended...I'm speaking from experience and in general terms!

Change. The Chinese populations in CA are VERY high, especially when compared to FL, Paris, and Japan. So HK people tend to not have been exposed to the larger castles. The Chinese culture is all about OLD traditions and therefore lack of change, and they tend to be stubborn about it.

Money. Frankly, Chinese people are cheap! (The park is owned mostly by the HK government)

Extravagance. HK people are minimalistic. Everything is in small portions, there is no Costco, and even taking food home from a restaurant is seen as shameful. A large castle may have very well given the park a negative image, especially when it's the people's money at work!

real Chinese food is elissa friendly? we will have to add that to the list.

some one should make the list of official approved elissa friendly foods!

i do wish to know if lobster is on that list elissa?

If she can eat noodles, she should be fine!

The whole resort area in Florida is called Walt Disney World. Instead of Disneyland we call the area with the BIG castle, The Magic Kingdom. Though I still have to catch myself from calling that park Disney World all the time. Hey, that's what we called it before those other three parks showed up, so old habits are difficult to break.

Well Glad R & E are safe from that awful train accident. Some Christmas for those families!

J.

Er, Japanese people don't celebrate Xmas in the way that Christians do. It's purely a commercial occasion here. Typically only one gift is given to each person. (Boyfriend, irlfriend, child, etc.) If it falls during the work week, it's not even a day off from work for most folks. I went shopping with my wife yesterday, ate out, met the Alveys at McDonald's and fought the same amount of traffic as if it was just another day.

Chris B

(It is terrible for the families involved, but compared to last year's train disaster near Osaka (100+ dead), this one was comaratively minor in casualties.

I'm off to Hong Kong on Thursday, and your update has swayed a trip to HKDL for me.

However, so I know which day to opt for - do fireworks take place at 7PM closing dates?

I really have no idea. We weren't there during 7pm closing days. I suggest you check with the park's website.

--Robb

Hey, Robb, I forgot to mention:

GE999 had tons more lighting this time! I don't know if it was part of the "Xmas decor" or just added theming since I rode it the first time, but it was interesting. I agree that they could have some much better operations! Maybe if it gets busy they increase the dispatch frequency?

Chris B

Is it just me, or does that picture make HKDL seem like it's in the middle of nowhere? As compared to ours, which you can see buildings everywhere.

It basically is. It's built on all reclaimed land and there isn't really any "outside world" that can be seen from inside the park.

It's kind of nice.....

--Robb

Yeah, that's what I thought. I love how Walt was trying to build a "land of imagination" but now, the "imagination" is limited to "How come the castle's so small?" or "Why are there so many buildings here?" or "What's with that hole in the roof?"

I have to get to an Orlando park one of these days. I lived in FL for 2 years, never went to WDW. Stupid, stupid, stupid... but I was a kid... but stupid, stupid, stupid...

This may be a really stupid question, but why is Disney in Florida called Walt Disney World and not DisneyLand like the rest? Is it because of all the parks it has?

yeah, you'd think the original Disney Park would be granted the more impressive name...land world land world, not an equal comparison.