TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Official" TPR Returns To Asia Ongoing TR!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of notes:

A) Its good to see theres not a chinese child peeing in the fountains or running in their undies, at least in your pics.

B)The HKDL castle looks akin to something you'd see at a minigolf course than at a MAJOR NAME THEMEPARK.

...I will say however, that Adventureland looks great

Ok, honestly everyone it's REALLY pissing me off with everyone talking about the "kids peeing in the fountains."

We saw NOTHING of the sort while we were there and we've already commented that three times in this thread.

IMO, those reports seemed to be nothing than the media seeking out something negative about the park, found some isolated incidents of the occurrence and made a big deal out of it.

And now the park has a reputation of "people peeing in the park and being filthy dirty."

The park is nothing of the sort. And every person here who continues to comment about it, is actually not HELPING the situation any. You're only adding to the bad reputation of the park and essentially supporting the over-glamourized American sensationalist journalism.

The people at the park were nice, courteous, clean, etc. If you want to see a disgusting display of humanity, the local Saturday crowds at most So Cal parks are 100 times worse than anything we saw during our stay at Hong Kong Disneyland.

So I am going to ask, for the sake of the park, to please stop with the "kids peeing in the fountain" comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Robb

First of all... since it's Christmas Eve, I'm going to wish you guys Merry Christmas and continued safe travels.

Second, I am going to say "kudos" to Robb for his comments above^... I have never believed those "reports" anyway, as I would expect a higher standard for anything with the Disney name on it.

Finally, I have to say that the Chip and Dale deelybobbers are absolutely the most awesome Elissa-friendly accessory ever. I do hope you purchased those as they are sure to be one-of-a-kind.

Looking forward to more of your trip!

Shari

The people at the park were nice, courteous, clean, etc. If you want to see a disgusting display of humanity, the local Saturday crowds at most So Cal parks are 100 times worse than anything we saw during our stay at Hong Kong Disneyland.

It is a cultural thing. Chinese/Japanese, for the most part, view going to an amusement park as a rather classy thing, like going to a banquet or ceremony of some sort, but with rides of course. The cultures over there are far more respectful of pretty much everything than we are here in the states. Some of my Asian friends' parents will make them dress nicely(not like a tuxedo, but presentable, y'know) even for something seemingly mundane like going to the mall.

-Rock "They also tend to make really good cookies, for some reason!"

Hong Kong Disneyland looks pretty cool, and will definitely be something I'll consider doing in a few years once they get more rides. Thanks for sharing pictures from this park. I'm not too concerned about it, so I didn't look at any pictures of its construction, reports from its opening, hear about the fountain peeing, or anything like that, but it looks like a nice place from your report and pictures. Hopefully in a few years it will have expanded much like Disneyland Paris. How much time did you guys actually spend at the park, and did you do everything there was to do?

^ Robb I was just joking...but alas, I myself will refrain from any "Dirty Park" comments abotu DLHK. I think alot of times the media (which ive worked in) will pick up on a single negative comment about a pretty decent place and "soil" its reputation. The same kind of journalism happened with DL, WDW and DLP as well, if you read your themepark history, and those places are doing quite well the last time I checked I def. look forward to more of your updates in HK and please accept my most humble apologies

Hong Kong Disneyland looks like someplace I would definately visit if I ever go to China. The Space Mountain there looks great. Just once in my life I would love to be able to ride space mountain, any of the Space Mountain coasters, with the lights on.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, the music heard on Space Mountain was done by Michael Giacchino (The Incredibles).

Would ya look at that!! Its DLHK!!!! I was very curious about this place when I first heard they were going to put in a Disneyland in HK. Now I am looking at pictures and watching videos of SM (with lights on too!!) of the park!!! Wow what a treat this is!!

Thats very strange how they mixed up things there. Like for instants the river(River of America in the states) is their Jungle Boat Cruise!!

Very interesting indeed!

DLHK seems like it has such potential to expand and build!!

Does anyone know of any future plans that they have for building new rides?

I am also curious as to why its not as good as all the other parks and only has a handful of rides?

Never the less its still Disney and I would so love to go and check it out. Especially their SM!!!

HKDL looks pretty good, and Space Mountain looks like good fun with/without the lights!

I wasn't expecting any horror stories either.

Having studied Journalism at University, it was kinda expected that any indescretions at the park were seized upon bt the press - a big deal being made out of a few small problems.

Hey guys! We're waiting for our plane in South Korea to Tokyo so I thought I'd hop on a computer and surf the web. Overall, I'm amazed by Asia. Hong Kong was incredible and the public transportatio can't be beat. The people are friendly, obsessed with Christmas (castmembers LOVED saying Merry Xmas to us), and very into fashion (High heels etc to theme parks!).

So yeah, Hong Kong Disneyland was A LOT better than I imagined. It was clean, pretty, well run, and overall very nice. Tomorrowland could have been better but it didn't ruin the experience. I was also really impressed with how English friendly everything here is. I've had no problems communicating.

Ok, those are my thoughts so far!

Mark "Asia = Awesome" Luskus

Is it just me, or is the castle smaller than ours, ours meaning DLR...

I'm serious. Freakin' small.

But anyway...

WEEE, ASIA FUN TIME! Personally, I would love to go to Asia, just to see the oddities... and the cool vending machines. Probably after I finish my road trip around America, I'll head there.... in fact, ironically, my friend's in Bejing right now. He's there for the holidays.

I know that it's the same size, but I think it's the huge mountain range behind it that dwarfs it even further!

--Robb

So that's it! Heck, even that light dwarfs it! Very very small castle.

In fact, I haven't been to DLR since I was much smaller, so I thought it was okay size back then. Last time I was there was in '98, so maybe when I go back in February I'll finally realize how damned small it is. For now, all I have are pictures.