TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I think they want the building ready before first snow. But I wonder how loud it'll be in there, seems like if it has an Intamin rattle and sound FX and people are screaming, it'll rupture people's eardrums.

Intamin??? I thought Zierer was building this.

"Well, we are the ones who should rolling our eyes at you"? Learn how to type a sentence right. That doesn't even make any sense.

Really, we are the ones who should be rolling our eyes at you.

Anyways, thanks for the great construction photos! It looks like Verbolten will be a great ride that will be built around a very strong theme. I like how secretive Busch Gardens has been about the ride so far.

They are, though they're using Intamin-esk track for most of the event building. Not sure if Zierer found a way to cut out the rattle.

The Intamin rattle isnt caused by track type . Its caused by the wheels on the train.

Every ride is noisy, if its a "SHOW" building they'll probably be blasting audio. If you ever go on any indoor ride (Including dark rides) that isn't playing audio you'll be extremely impressed with how LOUD the ride mechanics themselves are. Perfect example would be Space Mountain before its rehab. EXTREMELY noisy, even with the lame-o speakers they put in along the side of the track the ride you can still hear the ride clanking away. I'd imagine BGT would put in a nice sound system to play sound effects, if not the walls will defiantly help break up noise. But how long are you going to be in the show building? 30-45 Seconds maybe? There is no way they could have more than one train in there. So it'll be fine.

The ride is coming along very nicely! What is the big support near the old BBW river drop? Is that just for construction or is that the actual height before they drop? That would be impressive. Looking forward to the finished project.

As seen above, track work for the indoor section has been completed. I was at the park today and have my own Photo update including photos of the Rhine drop and the station work.

The "support" near the Rhine looks like a drill..... Most of the footers (probably 70% or more have been pour and/or completed) either waiting for curing or ready for track erection.

Now on the the pics.

I think I just wet myself... The Ride Building track looks like something I'd create in RCT II. It's looking great- and the new photos are outstanding.

R.D.

I didn't realise how big the indoor section of this was, that's going to be great. Is this expected to open with the park next season or will it be slightly later? I can imagine there a LOT of work to do on this to get it operational.

The ride is coming along well! I am big fan of the black color for the track. It will really look great (and drastically different) than Big Bad Wolf's final drop towards the Rhine River.

For some reason to me that 'cliff' looks a lot smaller than it used to.

As to the noise issues with the track - don't some parks fill the tracks and supports with sand to reduce the noise?

The ride is coming along well! I am big fan of the black color for the track. It will really look great (and drastically different) than Big Bad Wolf's final drop towards the Rhine River.

As to the noise issues with the track - don't some parks fill the tracks and supports with sand to reduce the noise?

I know BGT did that with Cheetah Hunt