TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Is it true that Behemoth "vallied" over the weekend because of the winds???

Behemoth, Drop Tower and Windseeker were all down today because of....wait for it...wind. It was pretty windy mind you, and for something like Windseeker, despite it's name, I could see the problem. They managed to get some testing in on Windseeker but wasn't open when I left. Behemoth had a train at the top of the lift and it sat there all day.

A friend of mine was at the park today. He texted me saying that Behemoth had vallied, and that they were in the process of removing the train with a crane.

Seems like a likely story. Remember that Behemoth vallied the day before season pass preview day in 2008 and they still got it going for that night.

Behemoth, Drop Tower and Windseeker were all down today because of....wait for it...wind. It was pretty windy mind you, and for something like Windseeker, despite it's name, I could see the problem. They managed to get some testing in on Windseeker but wasn't open when I left. Behemoth had a train at the top of the lift and it sat there all day.

A friend of mine was at the park today. He texted me saying that Behemoth had vallied, and that they were in the process of removing the train with a crane.

Wish the ops would have just told me that rather than that useless, "It could possibly open later but we can't guarantee it."

Is it true that Behemoth "vallied" over the weekend because of the winds???

Yes, It's true. I arrived at the park around 7:15pm on Saturday night for Haunt. One train was stuck on the MCBR and another train was at the top of the lift hill. They both didn't move all night.

I can't believe the size of that spine for the lifthill, it is freaking huge.

And has anyone else noticed the ridiculously large footer angled at the base of he lifthill? This is going to be a monster in many ways more than just height.

Between B&M's massive track, the heavy trains, and the speed at which the trains will be traveling the footers need to be huge to compensate for the forces being applied. Leviathan will truly be leviathan heh "punny"

They're so lucky. Clearly this park is in a residential area, yet they can still build massive 300 foot coasters right next to peoples homes.

In Britain such things are just impossible.

Ya, we basically are more or less surrounded by residential areas. It's never really been an issue up here in terms of noise levels. It brings in money so that's kind of the most important part.

I'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around how the Drop Tower plaza will look, assuming that's where the entrance will be. I'm guessing that there will be a great reduction of the Drop Tower queue, perhaps even bringing the queue around the tower on the other side. I'm also going to guess that that large planter and the nearby game stall will be removed and replaced with something smaller (perhaps that Dragon Fire-esque statue I'm dreaming about) to ease the congestion around the area.

As you can tell, I'm very interested to see how they planned this out.

Drop Tower's queue was reduced to about 1/3 the size this season. The rising waters game will be removed/relocated. The entrance to Leviathan will be located near the shop just beside Nightmares, just south of Drop Tower. The station will be much smaller than Behemoths (shorter trains). And they're working on a better location of stairs in the station to improve loading & unloading passengers as quickly (and safely) as possible. And remember, they don't put in huge queues anymore. I wouldn't expect this queue to be much bigger than Behemoths (max 1 hour wait).

It has been brought to my attention that during Halloween Haunt, WindSeeker's tower is lit up in red and that the lights on the swings (that make all the cool designs) are completely off. Can someone please confirm this and upload a picture if available. Thanks!!!

I can say that from last weekend that was not the case. It was the normal lighting package. I will be going again tomorrow night and if in fact it has changed for the Haunt I'll make sure to take a couple of photos for you.

Thanks so much!!!