Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
DumbTums

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby RollerCoasterSmi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:14 am

I'm pretty excited about this, could someone who has ridden Extremis explain how it rides, is it just a single drop? I do find it slightly odd how they have installed this only two years after Thirteen, a mini drop tower two years after a coaster with a mini drop tower incorporated into the coaster. :|

One final thing, I don't think this has anything to do with the voting for the king of the park as a few people suggest around the web. Nemesis and Thirteen are the only two coasters themed well enough to have a side attraction, but why would they build a drop tower themed to Thirteen???

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby snoflake15 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:07 am

What good fortune for AT that they have discovered something else lurking in the grounds. They couldn't have had the park on a more interesting site. ;)

Also - I love that original Nemesis launch video.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby jonnyfingers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:31 am

RollerCoasterSmi wrote:I'm pretty excited about this, could someone who has ridden Extremis explain how it rides, is it just a single drop?

Just a single drop. As I said a few post ago, you get raised up, there are animatronic Judges who pass sentence on you and then you drop as if you're on the gallows. Ride over.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:06 am

wall-01-1680x1050.jpg
Viewed 1444 times
wall-02-1680x1050.jpg
Viewed 1444 times
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:16 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Anything » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:08 am

The Extremis tower at London does pack quite a punch. It's quite a big model and is always full. The release mechanism is quick and clean, so combined with the weight, the drop is quite captivating.

I don't expect this ride to be Extremis clones, though.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 pm

^If the ride system is similar to Extremis, I'd imagine it'll relatively high capacity and pack quite a punch. Extremis looks pretty screwed up (in a good way) from the videos I've seen.

I don't think it'll be a clone, but seeing as both attractions are Merlin ventures I would not be surprised if they borrowed elements from Extremis for Nemisis: Beneath.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:58 am

Anything wrote:The Extremis tower at London does pack quite a punch. It's quite a big model and is always full. The release mechanism is quick and clean, so combined with the weight, the drop is quite captivating.

The ride is always full at the London Dungeons because of they way the attraction is operated with the groups passing through. There is even on quiet days enough people in one group to fill the ride up 2 times before the next batch of people arrive. Im sure on very quiet days the ride might not fill up completely but you never know. The more pressing question for me is will the quality and style of theming manage to blend in with Nemesis almost seamlessly.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:00 am

Looks interesting and it will be well themed.
My fundraising page: http://www.tntbob.com

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm

I like how Alton are tying the new ride's theming into an existing attraction, furthering the lore, but after 13, I am extremely worried this ride will also be WAAAAAAAAY overhyped.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby snoflake15 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:23 am

I think after 13 everyone will be taking any hype with a large bucket of salt.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!