TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

A number of sources within the park have confirmed that the building will be home to 4 drop tower rides similar to extremis at the London Dungeon.

I'm sorry but what exactly does "a number of sources" mean? It sounds like something The Sun or Daily Star would print.

• 3 weeks later...

From TowersTimes news, today:

Following the release of the Scarefest 2011 Map earlier today, and the revealtion that the 2012 attraction would be based around 'Nemesis: What lies beneath", Alton Towers have now launched a mini site at www.altontowers.com/2012.

The site begins with a video in code, showing that a team of scientists have discovered some catacombs with the codename 'Nemesis Omega One'. Shortly after, communication with the scientists was lost. This is followed by a video clip and the following text:

What was once a secret

Hidden for decades

Is a secret no more

Do you dare to enter?

Nemesis. What lies beneath. Unleashed 2012.

The video features loud noises and images of the Nemesis eye together with various toxic/excavation symbols, which would link to the theme of Forbidden Valley.

There is also the original Nemesis launch video, which shows the original discovery of the alien monster.

Exciting times!

I was thinking earlier about how to make a what, 15-foot drop tower ore exciting. With the theme, I wonder if we'll see guests board on the higher level, only to have the floor separate unexpectedly and the car drops into the "lair". I think you could get a LOT of unknowing guests with that sort of trick!

If I recall correctly, Reaper, Drop Ride Of Doom at the London Dungeon has a similar system...can anyone who has been on that drop tower confirm/deny that system?

London Dungeon's drop tower is themed around being a criminal about to be executed on the gallows. You board on the ground floor and are then raised up. There are animatronci judges that give you your sentence and then you drop.

I had a mad idea that it could be a 4D movie and a drop tower put together. Nemesis is an alien monster right? So maybe the 4D movie could put you deep in its lair with a mixture of a 3D movie and practical effects (moving tentacles, the usual jumps caused by air and water) but during the movie you could be raised up about 15 feet slowly without noticing. At the climax of the movie you could suddenly be dropped unexpectadly. Might not be possible but would make the most of a small ride area.

If I recall correctly, Reaper, Drop Ride Of Doom at the London Dungeon has a similar system...can anyone who has been on that drop tower confirm/deny that system?

You mean Extremis

At the moment no drop ride has been confirmed by Alton Towers. It's all rumours at the moment.... hope it is anyway! Another drop ride at the park would be a bad move!

This time last week I was at Alton Towers and they had started work on the new rides site. Here is a massive 3 pictures of the work they did that day to prepare the site.

Image00002.jpg.01b38a0e40e402b8e204720e2963e0cf.jpg

A million apologies! Thats a million more then I got from my last girlfriend!

Image00004.jpg.838f5c4df621edad0ff174ef1359fbba.jpg

Its a gate! What more do you wanna know?

Image00001.jpg.b68b399d5b8ac1430ddb366d908f0683.jpg

OMFGZ DIRT! *jizz*

I'm pretty excited about this, could someone who has ridden Extremis explain how it rides, is it just a single drop? I do find it slightly odd how they have installed this only two years after Thirteen, a mini drop tower two years after a coaster with a mini drop tower incorporated into the coaster.

One final thing, I don't think this has anything to do with the voting for the king of the park as a few people suggest around the web. Nemesis and Thirteen are the only two coasters themed well enough to have a side attraction, but why would they build a drop tower themed to Thirteen???