TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

Dumbest things said on TPR..."Maverick is a great coaster."

Would this be the first quote to go into the dumbest thread that was originally posted in the dumbest thread?

Yeah, I think Maverick is an amazing coaster. But I guess having an opinion is dumb now.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, it is in fact way too hyped up by many people (especially by CP fans). Many people think too much of it like it's the best thing in the world.

I'm a 5'10" 125lbs guy. So I don't know if that plays a role in why the coaster hurts so much but it does. It hurts me, my sisters, my dad (who is 6'0" and 200+lbs). It has too much head-banging, whip-lash parts (two specifically bad parts), and is overall just not a fun ride. The only part that is fun is the launch in the tunnel; after that it's back to not being fun.

I've been told that you just have to know how to 'brace' yourself for the turns and such. Trust me, I do and it doesn't work. I do in fact know how to 'ride' coasters, especially wooden ones. That's the reason why I really enjoy Mean Streak. If you correctly know how to ride Mean Streak, you know how to correctly ride almost any coaster.

People have gotten in fights over how Maverick is good or not. People have different opinions. My favorite coaster is Millennium Force and some people hate that coaster; to me that's fine. I'm not looking to argue; I'm looking for opinions.

I agree that it can be a bit bitter, but I guess I don't have the problems you do. Which is unfortunate, because it really is a fun ride to experience without pain lol. A tip that helps is to lean into the turns versus bracing (I think the bracing worsens it) so your head doesn't slam. I figured this out and I only went to CP for a couple days...it seemed to work. I just did it subconsciously. Front row helps since you can see the turns. Other than that, I find it really fun, especially the awesome drop, ejector air, and awesome ending with overbanks that are just so cool because they rotate in a cool way. It's like Matrix-style wall-running. I still prefer other rides, but Maverick is at least in my Top 5 (although I haven't ridden many coasters).

Intamin sometimes needs to stick with the soft OTSRs in my opinion. I don't see why not...serves the purpose and adds comfort.

EDIT: But the real thing is that it's a bit ignorant to say that the statement "Maverick is great" is dumb. Some people don't feel the pain that you do (I guess it's a height/weight difference, although I'm 5'6" and 125lbs and I was pretty much fine), so they think it's great. Doesn't make the statement stupid, it's just that they like it. Although, if it's a CP fanboy boasting that it's the best thing on the globe, then it's probably a stupid statement.

-

And finally, someone else actually enjoys MF lol. I'm not the only one!

This is way up there....

Is it just me, or are there no Cedar Point photos?

I thought Maverick was really fun, but whatevs.

In some opinions, Maverick is a good coaster. In MY opinion, that statement is a dumb statement.

Oh, and coastermanic, you're skating on really thin ice. That kind of attitude will NOT be tolerated around here. Being obnoxious to other TPR members, and posting REALLY DUMB STUFF all in the same week, isn't boding well for you.

Edited by robbalvey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I could write an encyclopedia on this.

Congrats To Rob And Elissa

I Had No Idea That Elissa Was Pregnant

She Didn't Get Fat Like Most People Did She If So Send Me Some Pictures At redlaser21@yahoo.com

Oh And Rob I Agree Elissa And Kristine Are Hot Chicks (LOL)

This mad me burst out laughing. If I'm not mistaken, you usually don't talk about a child in that term. Maybe cute or adorable but not a "hot chick."

"The only good snake is a dead snake" - Uneducated rednecks

--James

So you're suggesting that I'm dumb because I don't like to see uneducated people go out killing snakes for fun? Good one.

Anyway I saw on a thread a while back (forgot which one, the thread was from 2007) that someone was aggressively arguing that Gwazi is a Dinn coaster. Anyone else see this and would be kind enough to tell me what thread it was in?

• 2 weeks later...