Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Pg. 560 - Skyrider, Togo Standup to close Sept 1st
Users viewing this topic: 2012jarrett, mightypotato and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby kunpc1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:05 pm

It was a substantial sum to purchase all the equipment. So I would definitely expect to see them used again. They are still set up so hopefully that means they have plans to use them during Haunt.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Sorry to double post, just thought I'd share this info:

As of last week, Norm Pirtovshek has taken over as General Manager of Canada's Wonderland. He's the former VP of Maintenance and Construction.

Raffi Kaprelyan left Canada's Wonderland to return to Knott's Berry Farm as the General Manager after Marty Keithley resigned from the company to pursue other interests.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CedarFair1 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Leviathan Update with the beginning of the lift hill installed and Halloween Haunt Media Day pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGwa9EUev0g

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Behemoth, Drop Tower and Windseeker were all down today because of....wait for it...wind. It was pretty windy mind you, and for something like Windseeker, despite it's name, I could see the problem. They managed to get some testing in on Windseeker but wasn't open when I left. Behemoth had a train at the top of the lift and it sat there all day.

I also noticed CW was selling "Fright Lane" tickets for front of the line access for all haunt mazes. They were like 20 bucks.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:05 pm

beatle11 wrote:Behemoth, Drop Tower and Windseeker were all down today because of....wait for it...wind. It was pretty windy mind you, and for something like Windseeker, despite it's name, I could see the problem. They managed to get some testing in on Windseeker but wasn't open when I left.

I thought the whole reason Cedar Fair went with Windseekers as opposed to Starflyers was because Windseekers could run in higher wind speeds.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby asimowalk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:25 pm

^ Who knows, maybe the wind limit for the StarFlyers are even lower. There's still other positives for the Windseekers. Better capacity, a company they've already have connections to (because of Wonderland), taller, etc.

As for Behemoth, from what I remember hearing a couple years ago, it apparently refuses to dispatch (in auto mode) once the wind speeds at the top of the lift past a certain point. They probably had a train going up the lift as the wind was gusting so it stopped in fears of valleying.

In other news, it looks like they're using the Starlight projectors for the entire night. From what I can tell from the following video, there's different scenes like a thunderstorm (similar to the beginning of the dragon scene), a spotlight, and some worms or something crawling around. Skip to around 1:57... Ignore the winner. :p

YouTube Videolink

For anyone going to Haunt, please get a better video of the mountain!
Last edited by asimowalk on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:54 pm.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby DougMJr » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:27 pm

^That was probably the idea, but I think capacity had more to do with it.

I think the only reason it doesn't run in high winds is because the pods are so much closer together than conventional star-flyers... therefore it is easier for pods to collide.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby John Peck » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Capacity is the big reason. Those Windseekers hold 64 people.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 pm

beatle11 wrote:Behemoth, Drop Tower and Windseeker were all down today because of....wait for it...wind. It was pretty windy mind you, and for something like Windseeker, despite it's name, I could see the problem. They managed to get some testing in on Windseeker but wasn't open when I left. Behemoth had a train at the top of the lift and it sat there all day.

A friend of mine was at the park today. He texted me saying that Behemoth had vallied, and that they were in the process of removing the train with a crane.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Off topic...
who goes to haunt to make crappy videos of themselves rapping? lol...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!